Dance Me To The End Of Love as danced by Sir Anthony Hopkins

Recollections from Leonard Cohen's pre-2008 tours, YouTube clips
B4real

Dance Me To The End Of Love as danced by Sir Anthony Hopkins

Post by B4real »

Well, this is a most unexpected live performance :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRoA1YpHKMs
Sir Anthony Hopkins made history on Sunday night when he won the Best Actor honor at the 93rd Academy Awards for his starring role in The Father. The two-time Oscar winner, who beat out fellow nominees Riz Ahmed (Sound of Metal), Chadwick Boseman (Ma Rainey's Black Bottom), Gary Oldman (Mank), and Steven Yeun (Minari), had recently returned to his native Wales
Salma Hayek and Anthony Hopkins are celebrating the actor's recent Oscar win with a dance! Salma Hayek, 54, posted a video on Instagram of herself and Hopkins, 83, sharing a dance with one another in a sweet moment captured at the actor's home in Wales. Dancing to Leonard Cohen's "Dance Me to the End of Love," the video begins with Hopkins moving around by his lonesome before Hayek appears beside him and dances next to the star. The pair then embrace in a hug as the clip comes to a close.
Hehe! I wonder what Leonard would've thought ;-)
It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to B4real ~ me
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
LisaLCFan

Re: Dance Me To The End Of Love as danced by Sir Anthony Hopkins

Post by LisaLCFan »

Very cute! I've always liked Hopkins (or rather, Sir Anthony), and how nice that he was listening to Leonard's music! :D
B4real

Post by B4real »

Yes, Lisa,
Plus I didn't know he was a LC 'fan'. They do turn up in the most unexpected situations and places ;-)
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
Hartmut

Post by Hartmut »

From 2019, in an article about Anthony Hopkins:

'he's an accomplished musician, too; and there he is, singing along at a dinner party to Leonard Cohen's 'Here It Is'.
"Oh yes, Leonard Cohen's my favourite." In the hotel suite in Santa Monica where we are talking, he sinks back into the sofa, and quotes a line from the song. "'May everyone live, May everyone die, Hello, my love, And my love, goodbye.' That sums it all up for me. There's such peace in that. That's it. All it is."'

https://www.independent.ie/entertainmen ... 14882.html
B4real

Post by B4real »

Thanks Hartmut, for that info! I did a little googling about Sir Anthony and he’s also a painter. A man of many talents.
And now we go from dancing in general to specifically waltzing ;-)
Seems both Anthony and Leonard have songs about the waltz.
I've just noticed that a song I have "And The Waltz Goes On" on a double CD, My Music My World by Andre Rieu was composed 50 years ago by Sir Anthony which I never knew til now. Here they both are -
https://www.facebook.com/andrerieu/vide ... 183527425/

btw - the audio of this song on my CD is 5:55 mins long.

Return to “Live performances & YouTube clips”