Live from Roskilde 1988 now on YouTube

Recollections from Leonard Cohen's pre-2008 tours, YouTube clips
tomsakic

Live from Roskilde 1988 now on YouTube

Post by tomsakic »

I have finally finished my overdue upload of TV broadcast from Roskilde Festival, July 2, 1988. It is shortened TV version of the show (only six songs, not in the setlist order from the concert).

"Leonard Cohen Live Fra Roskilde Festival '88"

The complete broadcast can be accessed as the YouTube playlist: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDCEC1BDE26D0BF18
Autoplay should work at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkn2B_pw ... DE26D0BF18

The TV broadcast was produced for TV2 Denmark by Saksfilm&tv in 1988. The videos can be prohibited in some countries (probably in Germany) due to YouTube's deal with ATV Sony Publishing.

As you can see the video tape is in poor condition, but you'll understand why I decided to upload it. The audience welcome was tremendous - similar to 2008-10 tour - and LC was too overwhelmed. Note that it was in 1988, and that the audience is very young. This is Leonard Cohen riding on the top of the I'm Your Man fame. Unfortunately the label and promoters didn't quite get it and it needed another 20 years, Robert Kory and AEG's Rob Hallet to put Leonard's show where they deserve to be - on the top of the music business.

I still believe that there is no 2008-2010 shows which overdid this audience response... Although I saw some crazy audience in Ljubljana, Zagreb and Venice, plus some of the Irish audience recordings.
tomsakic

Re: Live from Roskilde 1988 now on YouTube

Post by tomsakic »

I left YouTube working on the clips while I went outside, so I see that Heck of a Guy already made a big announcement of this upload, thank you Allan!

http://1heckofaguy.com/2011/08/06/now-o ... broadcast/
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

Leonard on 00:20 to 00:24 on first song is one of my most favourite shots of him. As is audience reaction at 1:15. I was happy enough to experience the similar reaction in Ljubljana, October 12, 2010.
Goldin

Post by Goldin »

Thank you, Tom!

By the way, this Artur's "dime" can be new for some of the Cohenites - the complete audio recording of this show.
I can't remember the other evening with THREE performances of First We Take Manhattan.
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

Yeah, for years we had only the sound of this tape, and then the tape on DVDR. I downloaded the complete audience recording (only because of that audience) but didn't listen it yet.

Now I finally got small and easy DVDtoMP4 conversion software (Aimersoft) so my troubles are over, plus in this 2 year technology advanced so much that I don't need to do anything - it even uploads it for me :) I am looking what to upload next...

Return to “Live performances & YouTube clips”