Dublin Concert June 2008 (part of)

Recollections from Leonard Cohen's pre-2008 tours, YouTube clips
B4real

Dublin Concert June 2008 (part of)

Post by B4real »

1 hour 20 mins of live video of Dublin Concert in June 2008 -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGXmmYii1gI
Thanks to House of Boots Live Music Collection.

This was an historic concert because Dublin was the first city LC played outside Canada when he started touring again. Like the poster, I don't know which day this one was at the moment. He played in Dublin on 13, 14 and 15 June 2008.
It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to B4real ~ me
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
LisaLCFan

Re: Dublin Concert June 2008 (part of)

Post by LisaLCFan »

That is an interesting concert for its historical significance. I may choose to listen to it at some point, but I won't be watching it -- and for those so inclined, I would add this warning:

Do Not Watch if you Suffer From Motion Sickness

(I see that the blurb under the video states, "This is a handheld audience video that's relatively stable" -- hmmm, "relatively stable" is clearly relative -- a mere few seconds, and I was already turning green, and not with envy...). :mrgreen:
B4real

Re: Dublin Concert June 2008 (part of)

Post by B4real »

I haven't watched it yet but I can say that it's not the concert on the 14th and I think it's not the 15th... so that just leaves the very first historic concert of the 13th :) Maybe someone who was at the latter can verify that.

EDIT: I’ve just watched this concert video with my sea legs on - I come from a long line of sea-faring ancestors - Vikings, Master Mariners and Trinity Pilots :) And yes, technology in 2008 with videos was a bit 'wavy' and not as detailed as they are today. Here some videos were taken from the screen then from way, way back and others closer up. Some songs were sung out of order of the 13 June set list. In fact, 2 songs sung in this video were not listed at all in that set list but they were in the 15 June set list only. I think it's a combination of those two Dublin concerts, starting with 6 songs from the 13th and continuing with 8 songs from the 15th to the end of the video. Besides, the bands clothes vary enough to say that and I don't mean just the scarves because the cold of the night has come on ;-)

I love this bit of Leonard’s last lines spoken to the audience – “Bless your great deep and open hearts”....
It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to B4real ~ me
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!

Return to “Live performances & YouTube clips”