CONCERT REPORTS: Paris September 28, 29, 30, 2012

Concert reports, set lists, reviews, photos and You Tube links. Fan meet-ups before and after the concerts.
Cheshire gal

Re: CONCERT REPORTS: Paris September 28, 29, 30, 2012

Post by Cheshire gal »

Thank you Albert for those two wonderful videos.

Beautifully done. :D
'...and here's a man still working for your little smile' -Leonard Cohen
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
tinderella

Post by tinderella »

Thanks so much Albert, there are many many videos so I don't bother with most of them but yours are always Diamond quality. Thanks again
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

IrishAL wrote: first we take manhattan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2i2kHsifZ1M
For the most personal reasons, THANK YOU SOOOO VERY MUCH, Albert!!!!

Loving regards,
Mary
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

A one off account:

I stood and talked with someone holding a sign outside on the first night in Paris. I wasn't looking for a ticket, but wanted to meet up with others, and maybe see some I hadn't already, before the show as people were going in. Got a photo of the sign the guy was holding, with his permission. What he was seeking was a free ticket from anyone leaving soon after the show started [perhaps, not their taste?] or at intermission.

At intermission, a man who was leaving read his sign and gave him his own ticket stub. The guy went in with all the rest, near the end of intermission. He explained that some people would MUCH rather just give their ticket to someone wanting to see the show vs. selling it to a touter. Was very happy for him. The sign he held he had successfully used before.

The remainder of the time, as I was waiting for the show to end and the meetup afterward, I stood and talked with someone who had a book he was hoping Leonard would sign. I regretfully informed him of the unlikelihood of that happening, and the rest of the time, we watched the paparazzi stalking Leonard... furiously coordinating with one another and with people supposedly 'in the know' regarding Leonard's hotel, etc. A most amazing sight, to see the level of palpable desperation.

After the show, when the 'official' cars were leaving from the HUGE door leading to the enclosed, private entrance to the theatre [Leonard maybe in one of them?], this guy with a very friendly manner peered into the main 'suspect' car and with a big smile said something cordial to the driver.

The stalker glared into the car with all but literal darting eagle eyes and extremely nervous energy, as his eyes and body darted in sync. I shared with the man with the book how unnerving the scene was as it reminded me of Princess Diana's death. He agreed, and had already explained that the one I've just described is well known for doing what he does, obtaining autographs for either selling online or holding on to for later, larger sales. He had also pointed out a car with people in it, sitting alongside the curb, as also being a well known paparazzi. He, himself, has obtained autographs for his own collecting vs. sales, but apparently through this process has come to know these various figures well. As we talked, I told him about Leonard, who he actually knew little about... and he decided to go to the show one of the next nights.

On the last night, I saw him a couple rows ahead of me and, after the show, he confirmed that he LOVED Leonard and the show. Such an interesting perspective to become [rather sadly] privy to... totally apart from anything I've ever seen before.

I didn't go to the theatre on the second show's night.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
zagortenej

Post by zagortenej »

I can only repeat what others have already said: the concerts were sublime and well worth the weekend trip from Canada to Paris to see the maestro and his companions three nights in a row. Here is, with some delay, my photo-record of the concerts at L'Olympia: http://sdrv.ms/QHPHdd. Needless to say, I am very much looking forward to the string of Canadian/US concerts in December.
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

Thank you for the beautiful photos zagortenej!
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

#49 ~ Mr. Cohen leaving the stage...
Unbelievable capture with the silver, the contrasts, and the shadows... ethereal and real. So glad you had your camera.
The blue, white, and red of the stage in the two near the beginning are breathtaking for me coming from the U.S.
Strikingly beautiful photos.
Thank you, zagortenej 8) !!!
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
sturgess66

Post by sturgess66 »

Someone had a nice time in Paris - and that included a trip to see Leonard Cohen -

Paris 2012
http://vimeo.com/53305845
Barbara Nickels
Paris 2012
from Barbara Nickels Plus 3 days ago / via OS X Mountain Lion

A wonderful time in the City of Lights. Whether walking along the Seine or singing at the Au Lapin Agile Cabaret, we felt like youngsters again--laughing, staying up till the wee hours of the morning and sleeping in. The Leonard Cohen concert was sublime and the food and wine superb!

Return to “EUROPE 2012 / CONCERT REPORTS & MEET-UPS”