CONCERT REPORT: Bucharest, September 22, 2012

Concert reports, set lists, reviews, photos and You Tube links. Fan meet-ups before and after the concerts.
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

(I have opened this report page this early to create a link to this thread - I will be in Verona on Sat and cannot update the concert schedule & links page of The Files from abroad)

3D view of the Square here: http://www.360cities.net/image/constitu ... -7.10,70.0

http://actmedia.eu/daily/leonard-cohen- ... rest/42143

Leonard Cohen's concert on Saturday, in Bucharest

Leonard Cohen is to give a concert on Saturday, in the Constitution Square, in Bucharest, starting at 20:00 hrs. A team of about 100 technicians are working on setting up the stage, installing sound systems and lights, as well as for the organization of space that will host the Canadian artist Leonard Cohen before and after the concert in Bucharest, organizers inform in a release.

The stage is designed to match the wishes of the artist, and the construction will last four days. According to the quoted source, Leonard Cohen, artists who accompany him and the technical team will have eight rooms available. Of these, one is exclusively for the artist, where he can retire and prepare for the concert.

Cohen and his team do not have special culinary preferences, show organizers said. They prefer a classical menu for breakfast, with eggs,sausages, ham, tomatoes, cheese, cereals, jam, bread and a large variety of fruit. For lunch, the artists will have several kinds of meals, including vegetarian menus. They will not miss tea, as well as coffee, flat and mineral water, natural juices, soy milk, but also Belgian and Irish beer, French wines.

Spectators present at Leonard Cohen concert, in Bucharest, will enjoy a musical feast. The veteran Canadian troubadour prepared a concert for over three hours for his meeting with the Romanian public.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
lizzytysh

Re: CONCERT REPORT: Bucharest, September 22, 2012

Post by lizzytysh »

You're so thoughtful, Jarkko 8) .
Such a beautiful square!
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
bridger15

Post by bridger15 »

From The Bucharest Herald
http://www.bucharestherald.ro/city-life ... n-its-tour
Bucharest is the only city of Eastern Europe included in the ‘Old Ideas’ tour of Leonard Cohen, who will hold a concert here on September 22. The tour will take the Canadian artist to Belgium, Netherlands, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Germany, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Turkey, Italy, France, Spain and Portugal.

All VIP Exclusive, VIP Front Stage and First Category tickets are sold-out, organizers announced...
---Arlene
2009-San Diego|Los Ang|Nashville|St Louis|Kansas City|LVegas|San Jose
2010-Gothenburg|Berlin|Ghentx2|Oaklandx2|Portland|LVegasx2
2012-Austinx2|Denver|Los Ang|Seattle|Portland

Arlene's Leonard Cohen Scrapbook http://onboogiestreet.blogspot.com
regensburg

Post by regensburg »

Thank you so much Jarkko for the info, I see they are ready to welcome Leonard with open Arms. They will not be disappointed.
cohenadmirer

Post by cohenadmirer »

lizzytysh wrote:You're so thoughtful, Jarkko 8) .
Such a beautiful square!
Indeed another beautiful setting for an outdoor concert .
Something made me want to look at the weather forecast for bucharest .
On saturday it will almost certainly be dry but will get a little chilly after dark - so dress warmly !
Sunday should be quite a warm day !
Leonard's work resonates
Brighton 1979; Dublin , Manchester june 2008; glasgow, manchester Nov 2008; Liverpool july 2009 ; Barcelona Sept 2009 ;marseille, lille september2010: Ghent August 2012;Barcelona October 2012;Montreal x2 November 2012: 2013; Saint John NB April 2013; Brussels June 2013;Manchester August 2013; Leeds , Birmingham September 2013; Amsterdam September 2013
Saphy

Post by Saphy »

regensburg wrote:Thank you so much Jarkko for the info, I see they are ready to welcome Leonard with open Arms. They will not be disappointed.
We're more than ready!!
Cannot wait!!
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

Now me thinks Istanbul is in eastern Europe as well.:)
UrPal

Post by UrPal »

Good to see Leonard heading out East.

I recognise the square pictured above. I spent a few of my life's most interesting and precarious hours there back at the beginning of the nineties shortly after Ceausescu was overthrown.

I believe the square was one of his extravagances. Pleasing to see it is now being put to good use.
antwerp guy

Post by antwerp guy »

tomsakic wrote:Now me thinks Istanbul is in eastern Europe as well.:)
If I'm not mistaken, the concert was in the Asian part of Istanbul. :)
1979 Antwerpen (Koningin Elisabethzaal) - 1993 Gent (Flanders Expo) - 2008 Brugge (Minnewaterpark), Paris (Olympia), Brussel (Vorst Nationaal) - 2009 Antwerpen (Sportpaleis) - 2010 Las Vegas (Caesars Palace) X 2 - 2012 Gent (Sint-Pietersplein) X 2
sturgess66

Post by sturgess66 »

From Joey - a present for Allan - DrHGuy - for his collection -

Signs of Leonard Cohen Bucharest, Romania for DrHguy.
Päivi from Finland

Post by Päivi from Finland »

The rain is over...at least wright now! Unfortunately we did not meet the band - and not Roscoe, who is always so kind! Anyway we are lucky to have the seats at the first row tomorrow in Bucharest to see LC, Roscoe and the whole band in front of us! Nice to listen to the music made by the maestro 78 years young! This is the 11 th concert for me and the 10th concert for Juhana!

Congratulations for all of us!

Päivi and Juhana
Päivi from Finland

1993: Helsinki
2008: Copenhagen, Helsinki
2009: Budapest, Barcelona
2010:Helsinki, Stuttgart
2012:Ghent 17th and 18th Aug, Helsinki, Bucharest
2013:Brussels, Berlin, Pula, Stockholm, Oslo, Amsterdam
sturgess66

Post by sturgess66 »

Carmen

Post by Carmen »

The weather is finally right (after yesterday's awful rain!) and the sun is shining with great hopes for a new magical meeting with Leonard!!! I have my tickets in the third row, this will give me an opportunity to be closer to leonard and the band!!!
Just a few hours to go... hard to manage...
cerasela

Post by cerasela »

We are happy to see that Mr. Cohen likes to celebrate his birthday in Bucharest!

21 sept 2008 - Bucharest
4 sept 2009 - Bucharest
22 sept 2012 - Bucharest

Happy to join such a show again... and the weather is perfect for 'The famous blue...'
Thank you!
istvan

Post by istvan »

tomsakic wrote:Now me thinks Istanbul is in eastern Europe as well.:)
Yes - a part of it.
In a dream of Hungarian lanterns
In the mist of some sweet afternoon

Return to “EUROPE 2012 / CONCERT REPORTS & MEET-UPS”