UPDATED: TOUR MERCHANDISE / EUROPE

Concert reports, set lists, reviews, photos and You Tube links. Fan meet-ups before and after the concerts.
tinderella

Re: TOUR MERCHANDISE / EUROPE

Post by tinderella »

I am interested in buying one of those nice unified heart pendants with the smooth leather strap on them that lots of people seem to be wearing on the tour photos. Can someone please tell me where I can get one?
musicmania

Post by musicmania »

tinderella wrote:I am interested in buying one of those nice unified heart pendants with the smooth leather strap on them that lots of people seem to be wearing on the tour photos. Can someone please tell me where I can get one?
Are you looking for the wooden hearts? If so Eva is the person to ask!
2009 Dublin 2010 Lissadell Katowice LV x2 2012 Ghent x2 Dublin x4 Montreal x2 Toronto x2 2013 New York x2 Brussels Dublin x2

Gwen's Leonard Cohen Journey: http://myleonardcohenjourney.wordpress.com/

"I did my best, it wasn't much"
jeremek

Post by jeremek »

Hi !
Where it is possible to buy silver necklaces with Unified Hearts?
Many fans are carrying such pendants :)
1985/2008/2010/2013/Always
Kati

Post by Kati »

Been following this forum / the pages for quite a while now (huge thanks for creating and maintaining them) but only now joined so hi All! Was stupid enough to miss buying the Tourbook last night in Helsinki, do you know whether it would be possible to get it afterwards from somewhere? Also, do you know whether the Cup of Longing -mug (which was sold out yesterday) or the T-shirt with the Book of Longing -cover would be available to buy somewhere. Genuinely hope so :)
Ksenia

Post by Ksenia »

Took this pic in Helsinki yesterday :)

It's pretty big so you should be able to see products and prices :)
2012 Helsinki | 2013 Stockholm
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

I have now made a new page with (most of) the European Tour Merchandise.
Go to http://www.leonardcohenfiles.com/tour2012-merch.html

Some examples:

Also 8 different T shirts (one is sweatshirt) featured on the page.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
bridger15

Re: UPDATED: TOUR MERCHANDISE / EUROPE

Post by bridger15 »

Thanks Jarkko for the update and thanks to EIja for the lovely photos.
I wouldn't mind just an empty box to frame. It looks like a collectible.

---Arlene
2009-San Diego|Los Ang|Nashville|St Louis|Kansas City|LVegas|San Jose
2010-Gothenburg|Berlin|Ghentx2|Oaklandx2|Portland|LVegasx2
2012-Austinx2|Denver|Los Ang|Seattle|Portland

Arlene's Leonard Cohen Scrapbook http://onboogiestreet.blogspot.com
rtychonick

Post by rtychonick »

Man, I want one of those rings and I don't want to wait three months to get one...lol.
majmunka

Post by majmunka »

tinderella wrote:I am interested in buying one of those nice unified heart pendants with the smooth leather strap on them that lots of people seem to be wearing on the tour photos. Can someone please tell me where I can get one?
I'm your man - I mean woman, Tinderella, and I'm in Dublin at the moment, carrying some nice wooden pendants with leather straps :D
Send me a PM.

Eva
themucaro

Post by themucaro »

The merchandising guy at the stall last night in Dublin said they only got 9 pairs of cufflinks between BOTH stalls (but they had all nine at his stall).

I'm going back on Friday and hope to pick up some but he said he couldn't guarantee they'd have more because the merchandisers haven't confirmed they'd be giving them more stock.
2008: Benicassim, Spain
2009: Dublin, Ireland and Madrid, Spain
2010: Grenoble, France and Tours, France
2012: Dublin x 2
somewhat_nifty

Post by somewhat_nifty »

I've loved the updated merchandise this tour, and got myself the nice 'pen' tshirt and the lovely blue hummingbird silk scarf. I was happy to get a look at the new tour brochure, and very nice it was too, loved the finish on the cover, and the stickers were a fun addition.

BUT

speaking from the point of view of my 'day job', as an editor at a large publishing house (think orange spines and a little black and white bird), I have to say I was taken aback by the quality of the text inside - obviously compiled from various sources and with no universal style applied. A basic edit, or even a proofread, would have avoided such howlers as Sharon Robinson playing to a 'captive audience' in the US (I sincerely hope a 'captivated audience' was intended ;-) ), and would have fixed the mishmash of styles in the different text sections. As the brochures are not cheap, and the overall slickness of the design was impressive, such a small but important part of the whole should not have been overlooked.

I don't know who's in charge of such things, but if you want to improve the text I'm offering a free, professional edit from an experienced editor (ie, me!). Get in touch!
I'm chained to the old masquerade...
2008: London O2 14th Nov, RAH 18th Nov; 2009: NY RCMH 16th May, Weybridge MBW 11th July, Barcelona 21st Sept; 2010: Sligo 31st July, Lille 25th Sept, Las Vegas 11th Dec; 2012: Wembley Arena 8th Sept, Dublin 11th Sept 2013: London O2 21st June, London O2 14th Sept
Stamatina

Post by Stamatina »

lol, Ruth.. I can imagine that when you've learned to pay attention to such things at work, it's very hard to ignore them off work. On a similar note, my mother (who owns a graphic design and digital printing business) went through the same brochure explaining to me how it could have been made a lot better design-wise... It's what we call "job perversion" here. :razz:
"Oh chosen love, Oh frozen love
Oh tangle of matter and ghost
Oh darling of angels, demons and saints
And the whole broken-hearted host
Gentle this soul..."
somewhat_nifty

Post by somewhat_nifty »

Lol Stamatina, glad I'm not the only one that has problems taking off the 'work hat'. I'm sure 90% of people wouldn't even notice the stuff that bugged me. Maybe me and your mum should work on the next brochure together and come up with something amazing!
I'm chained to the old masquerade...
2008: London O2 14th Nov, RAH 18th Nov; 2009: NY RCMH 16th May, Weybridge MBW 11th July, Barcelona 21st Sept; 2010: Sligo 31st July, Lille 25th Sept, Las Vegas 11th Dec; 2012: Wembley Arena 8th Sept, Dublin 11th Sept 2013: London O2 21st June, London O2 14th Sept
comehealing

Post by comehealing »

Have to confess that I balked intitially when it came to buying the
brochure. I thought perhaps I had misheard the price (!) but seeing
as it is a unique memento, I quickly yielded to temptation.

However, I do think that the cost for T-shirts etc was far too high.
£20-25 in London, if memory serves. This is nearly double to what
I would expect to pay.

If anyone is looking for a cheaper alternative, maybe not the
same range as there is on offer at the concert venues but some classic
designs nonetheless, check out this website:

http://store.bandmerch.com/leonardcohen/
Alexis
"Who, being loved, is poor?"
(Oscar Wilde)
"That love is all there is" (Emily Dickinson)
"A miracle, just take a look around: The inescapable earth" (Wislawa Szymborska)
Hanna

Post by Hanna »

I'm desperately looking for an "Order of the unified hearts" lapel pin in BLUE.
So if somebody of you could buy it for me and be kind enough to send it to Poland I'd be extremely thankful. Of course all costs I'd cover by PayPal immediately please PM me. Many thanks in the advance.
tour2012-pins.jpg
tour2012-pins.jpg (26.72 KiB) Viewed 21327 times
Hanna
"I love your body and your spirit and your clothes"

Wroclaw, Hala Ludowa 20.03.1985 | Wroclaw, Hala Stulecia 29.09.2008 | Katowice, Spodek 04.10.2010 | Berlin, Waldbühne 5.09.2012 | Berlin o2 World 17.07.2013 | Prague o2 Arena 21.07.2013

Return to “EUROPE 2012 / CONCERT REPORTS & MEET-UPS”