UPDATED: TOUR MERCHANDISE / EUROPE

Concert reports, set lists, reviews, photos and You Tube links. Fan meet-ups before and after the concerts.
HelenD

Re: UPDATED: TOUR MERCHANDISE / EUROPE

Post by HelenD »

As I missed out buying a ring at the Venue in 2008, I bought a plain signet ring and got the jeweller to have it engraved with the unified hearts which I gave him as to copy. It is slightly different to the original, less chunky, but a good alternative.

Also, Gwen, I got the "Keep Calm and Cohen on" printed from your file on both a t-shirt and a hoodie by a great company I found on e-bay. Thanks for sending it to me.

Helen D
maroo

Post by maroo »

calypso wrote:Hi everybody, can someone say me the price of the ring and the notebook ? Thanks.
Hi,
don't remember the notebook but I think was something around 25 euros, the ring was 65, I have one!! and I think I'll bring to some jewelery to make the rhodium plat around!!!

hope this helps.

Piero
Dublin 14/15th September 2012
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

All prices can be seen in the four last photos on this photo page: http://cohen.1g.fi/#/kuvat/Concert+in+G ... +12,+2012/
Just click on the thumbnail to enlarge the picture to full screen.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
LHHUNTER

Post by LHHUNTER »

The LC poly bags supplied with the merchandise at the concerts state at the bottom that you can have a 15% discount on items you buy through the LC website by entering the code "OLDIDEAS". Well the website does not allow you to input this code. Instead you have to pay the full amount first then call them for the discount. Seems a bit misleading to me and a bit of a con :shock:
barnard3000

Post by barnard3000 »

Dear LHHUNTER,

I have sent you a separate PM about this but we are aware
that there has been a technical issue concerning the discount codes on the
store for the past week or so.

We would like to offer our sincere
apologies for this and assure you that this has now been fixed.

Thanks and best wishes.
margaret

Post by margaret »

margaret wrote:
comehealing wrote:Have to confess that I balked intitially when it came to buying the
brochure. I thought perhaps I had misheard the price (!) but seeing
as it is a unique memento, I quickly yielded to temptation.

However, I do think that the cost for T-shirts etc was far too high.
£20-25 in London, if memory serves. This is nearly double to what
I would expect to pay.

If anyone is looking for a cheaper alternative, maybe not the
same range as there is on offer at the concert venues but some classic
designs nonetheless, check out this website:

http://store.bandmerch.com/leonardcohen/

Has anyone in the UK bought anything from this source?
The prices are a bargain compared to the current tee shirts (30 euros if I remember correctly :roll: ). Some nice designs too. I wondered about the cost and time for shipping as they are priced in dollars and will come from the US. At only about 7 dollars each it is probably worth buying 2 for the same shipping cost :)

Margaret
Well I received my 2 tee shirts all the way from California yesterday. Stock from the last tour, but I am very pleased. Total charge from my credit card was less than £16 including the postage. Took about 2 weeks to arrive. :D
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

I'll check out that site, as well. Shipping will be even less for me, given I'm in the U.S.

Thirty euros felt high to me, too... and especially so, after being forewarned of pickpockets and to take care with my purse in the four countries/six cities I visited in Europe, it wasn't until the concert itself in Madrid where I let my guard down, and the 2 or 3 at 30 euros/each tee shirts that I bought got stolen out of my purse during the encores. Scott and Tina were initially behind me, so I felt safe... but when I felt a tug on my purse, I turned suddenly to the woman to my right, who had been trying to wedge her way in to my left [and I offered her a space on my right], and she said, "Oh! Is that YOUR purse!?!" I said yes[!], and pulled it back around in front of me, where I ought to have had it the whole time. Discovering that it had been opened, the bag with tee shirts removed, and been rezipped was NOT a happy discovery... NOR was repaying ANOTHER 60 or 90 euros to REPLACE them in Lisboa. This time, however, I bulked up like a football player, putting everything I bought ONTO my body... a method I will continue to use. That was a bloody costly lesson.

Scott and Tina were no longer behind me. Don't know that it was that woman or someone behind her [rude to both Christelle and me]... or a simply dishonest Cohen fan :shock: :cry: ... or someone who purchased a ticket just to be able to shoplift and resell later... or someone who honestly could not afford [because of the economy] something they desperately wanted and took to dishonesty to get it. Whatever it was, though, I was unhappy with the result.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
BrokenBanjo

Post by BrokenBanjo »

Really sorry to read that, lizzytish. :( That's a horrible thing to happen.
(I enjoyed meeting you in Paris.)
Belfast: 26th July, 2009, Paris: 29th September, 2012
Looking forward to Birmingham, 8th September, 2013.
margaret

Post by margaret »

Sorry to hear of your misfortune Lizzy. It's a sad fact of life that you have to be on your guard now in all big cities or crowds all around the world.

I hope nevertheless you enjoyed your travels around Europe and that you can find some bargain replacements for the tee shirts you lost. There seems to be still a selection of men's and ladies styles in limited sizes on http://store.bandmerch.com/leonardcohen/
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Thanks, BrokenBanjo... and so did I.

Thanks, too, Margaret [plus for the link]. Actually, I replaced them all at the very next concert [in Lisboa]... and it was either 60 or 90 euros that I couldn't afford to 'throw away' ~ 30 euro/each was a lot to begin with, but hearing that the whole of all the European merchandise was going to change with the U.S. tour, I wanted to get the shirts while I could, while they were still available.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
susanne30072009

Post by susanne30072009 »

Hello

Did anybody have the new "Needle - Pin" for sale?
You can see it at this Site, page 2, the Article from JARKKO about the merch.-Stuff, the thrird One (after the Ring-Picture)?

If anyone have one for sale, please contact me, ok?

Uwe

PS: it is really not a Problem, to get the 925 Sterling Silver Leonard-Cohen-Tour-Ring plated with Rhodium (or a Yellowgold-Plate, even a Redgold-Plate is possible).
You just have to "found" a good shop... (I have recieved a view Mails about the "Rhodium-Possibility"...)
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

susanne30072009 wrote:Hello

Did anybody have the new "Needle - Pin" for sale?
You can see it at this Site, page 2, the Article from JARKKO about the merch.-Stuff, the thrird One (after the Ring-Picture)?

If anyone have one for sale, please contact me, ok?

Uwe
Hi Uwe

The merchandise left over from the European tour is now available in the Leonard Cohen Official European Store at

http://leonard-cohen.mamstore.co.uk/ (Link also available from www.leonardcohen.com - select UK merch store)

You can buy the pin online for £17.00 + P&P. Don't forget to use special offer code OLDIDEAS to get 15% off the price!

Good luck.

Wendy
Heike

Post by Heike »

Dear Merchandising Team,

While I liked the diverse selection of items on offer this year, I was again very disappointed about the garment section.

All the nice dark-coloured T-shirts and other items of clothing were only available for men.
During the 2010 tour, I remember some beautiful women's shirts, but those were only available in S, M, and L (and L was what would be sold as M in most shops).

Is there any chance to stock up on shirts in more women's sizes for the next tour?
Here's hoping that someone is listening - and I don't mean Santa :-).

Thank you!!!

Return to “EUROPE 2012 / CONCERT REPORTS & MEET-UPS”