PARIS meet up?

Concert reports, set lists, reviews, photos and You Tube links. Fan meet-ups before and after the concerts.
hazel

PARIS meet up?

Post by hazel »

I'm going to Sunday, Sept 30th concert but going to enjoy a long weekend in Paris (thinking of heading in 27th or at the latest 28th), so if anyone is interested in meeting up please let's do :) FYI, I'm no expert on Paris, I'm Scottish, currently living in USA, coming home for family wedding the weekend after the concert so great timing for a wee inbetween trip to see LC who I have wanted to see for many years. If you decide to join the meet up I would really love some help in us all agreeing on what we might like to do, or if someone knows Paris really well then jump in! Would be fab to meet some LC fans in Paris and enjoy some time together ...
LC&LC

Re: PARIS meet up?

Post by LC&LC »

if there are a few of you wanting to catch up before and/or after the show(s), I'd be happy to help with the logistics... there's a pub across the street from the olympia for eg.
2009: Paris, Nimes, Barcelona, 2010: Caen, Strasbourg, Marseille, Tours, Lille, Las Vegas, 2012: Ghent x2, London, Verona, Paris x3, Barcelona, Madrid, NYC, Brooklyn, 2013: NYCx2, Paris, London, Brussels, Rome, Lucca, Hamburg, Berlin, Prague, Vienna, Pula, Manchester, London, Amsterdam, Perth, Sydney, Melbourne, Cairns, Townsville, Brisbane, Sydney Opera House
BrokenBanjo

Post by BrokenBanjo »

I'm going to the Saturday night concert but will be flying back to Glasgow on Sunday afternoon (flying out on Thursday morning).
Belfast: 26th July, 2009, Paris: 29th September, 2012
Looking forward to Birmingham, 8th September, 2013.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Hi Hazel ~

I'm going to the Sunday night [30th] concert, too, but will be in Paris on Friday[?] I'm thinking. I've never been to France, much less Paris... and would love to experience it somewhat knowledgeably, as well. I'm interested in meeting up with you no matter what and know of at least one other person who will be there with her husband. She and I have agreed to exchange a big hug. I'm sure they'll be interested, too. Will ask her.

Thanks for the pub information LC&LC... do you suppose it'll be packed ;-) ? Is it rather small or quite large? Have you been to it after a huge concert?

~ Lizzy
Last edited by lizzytysh on Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
DerekH

Post by DerekH »

Hi,
I'm going to both the Saturday and Sunday performances. I live in Worthing Sussex, UK and was intending flying from Gatwick, but it looks like it will probably have to be Heathrow, due to a lack of flights from Gatwick. I intend travelling on the Friday and Monday so I would be up for a meet up over the weekend. I have only stayed in Paris on one previous weekend break and do not know it at all. In fact I still have to check out where the venue is.
1972 : Royal Albert Hall, London.
2008 : O2, London X 2, Brighton.
2009 : Weybridge.
2012 : L'Olympia, Paris X 2.
2013 : June O2, London
Hydrogal

Post by Hydrogal »

Hello All,
I will be in Paris on the 27, 28, and 29th along with my husband. We have tickets for the 28th. We would love to participate in a meet-up on any or all of those days!
Barbara
we are so lightly here
it is in love that we are born--in love we disappear

Verona 2012, Paris 2012, Detroit 2012, Boston 2012, Miami 2013, New Orleans 2013
maryellen

Post by maryellen »

I ll be in Paris for the show 28th
I ll be alone and find it s good idea to meet before or after the concert in a pub next to Olympia
Tell me if some of you interesting
I m french my english is very poor sorry
Hydrogal

PARIS meet up?

Post by Hydrogal »

Mary Ellen
We would love to meet up before the concert on the 28. We are from the US and our French is very limited. Might be a good match!

Barbara
Barbara
we are so lightly here
it is in love that we are born--in love we disappear

Verona 2012, Paris 2012, Detroit 2012, Boston 2012, Miami 2013, New Orleans 2013
bean

Post by bean »

DerekH wrote:Hi,
I'm going to both the Saturday and Sunday performances. I live in Worthing Sussex, UK and was intending flying from Gatwick, but it looks like it will probably have to be Heathrow, due to a lack of flights from Gatwick. I intend travelling on the Friday and Monday so I would be up for a meet up over the weekend. I have only stayed in Paris on one previous weekend break and do not know it at all. In fact I still have to check out where the venue is.
Have you considered the Eurostar?

The service from St Pancras to Gare du Nord is excellent.

Paris is a fairly small city (compared to London) and most things are easily walkable if you don't fancy the Metro. You also see so much more above ground.

I love Paris; sadly I am not coming this time around.

Enjoy.
hazel

Post by hazel »

Hey everyone!
Just wanted to touch base and let you know I haven't dropped the ball on this, just trying to get booked up for Scotland first (ticket fares are horrific!) and once I get that locked in can then figure out when I head over to Paris. In the meantime if you are all feeling a day that looks good for the majority of us interested in meeting up then please jump in and start organizing and I will join in if possible. Would really love to meet a bunch of you, it's soooo exciting for me :)
hazel

Post by hazel »

maryellen wrote:I ll be in Paris for the show 28th
I ll be alone and find it s good idea to meet before or after the concert in a pub next to Olympia
Tell me if some of you interesting
I m french my english is very poor sorry
You can't go alone to see LC! If I'm in town (and think I will be) lets definitely meet up before. I don't go to the show until the 30th but we can meet, have a chat, glass of vino and then I can sit and wait at the bar for you to give me a review afterwards :)
hazel

Post by hazel »

bean wrote:
DerekH wrote:Hi,
Have you considered the Eurostar?

The service from St Pancras to Gare du Nord is excellent.

Paris is a fairly small city (compared to London) and most things are easily walkable if you don't fancy the Metro. You also see so much more above ground.

I love Paris; sadly I am not coming this time around.

Enjoy.
I am going to the Sunday concert too so we should definitely meet up and I'm as clueless as you about Paris (went there once on my kind of gap) but we'll figure it out :)
hazel

Post by hazel »

lizzytysh wrote:Hi Hazel ~

I'm going to the Sunday night [30th] concert, too, but will be in Paris on Friday[?] I'm thinking. I've never been to France, much less Paris... and would love to experience it somewhat knowledgeably, as well. I'm interested in meeting up with you no matter what and know of at least one other person who will be there with her husband. She and I have agreed to exchange a big hug. I'm sure they'll be interested, too. Will ask her.

Thanks for the pub information LC&LC... do you suppose it'll be packed ;-) ? Is it rather small or quite large? Have you been to it after a huge concert?

~ Lizzy
Hey Lizzy -
We should so figure out how to meet up especially as we're going on the same concert night. Once I get myself booked to the UK I can determine when I'm heading over to Paris and hope to have that sorted within the next week or two. I won't be later than Friday getting there though unless something pops up so hopefully we can work it out. Looking forward to meeting you! :)
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Hi Hazel ~

I'm going to PM you 8) .

~ Lizzy
~ Oscar Wilde
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Hi Mary Ann ~

I'll be PMing you, as well. I plan to attend all 3 meet-ups in Paris, even though I'll only be going to the one concert on the 30th.

~ Lizzy
~ Oscar Wilde

Return to “EUROPE 2012 / CONCERT REPORTS & MEET-UPS”