PROGRAM FOR THE HELSINKI MEETUP, Sept 1-2

Concert reports, set lists, reviews, photos and You Tube links. Fan meet-ups before and after the concerts.
jarkko
Site Admin

PROGRAM FOR THE HELSINKI MEETUP, Sept 1-2

Post by jarkko »

UPDATE on August 17: See next page for an update of our Meetup schedule!!!
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
gallina

Re: Helsinki, September 1-2 Meetup

Post by gallina »

Hi Jarkko,
I'm very pleased to go to the beautiful Finland! As you know I arrive Saturday night to Turku, so I can do just the Sunday programs. Please count on me ;-) And thank you again for your priceless collaboration. Szilvia
2009 Budapest
2010 Zagreb, Gothenburg, Florence, St. Margarethen, Bratislava, Las Vegas x2

2011, 2015 Ύδρα
2012 Ghent x5, Helsinki, Dublin x2, Verona
2013 Roma, Lucca, Vienna, London
2015 Viladrau
Goldin

Post by Goldin »

Two men from the east (we are going to spend both 1st and 2nd of September in Helsinki). I'll try to gather some more Russian-speakers later.
ilia

Post by ilia »

Two men from the east
Yes, i'm one of two men from east (sounds like review of character from Sergio Leone movie . I'm Ilia from Belarus. Hello!
silvia

Post by silvia »

How could I skip my chance of meeting fellows cohenites? Count me in for both day!
And many many thanks for all the work you're doing for us, Mr Arjatsalo!

Silvia
Lucca 2008, Antwerp e Venezia 2009, Helsinki 2010
Ksenia

Post by Ksenia »

I might be joining, but I can't promise.
I'll probably arrive to Helsinki on the 2nd, in case I'll be in town in time for any activities then count me it :)
2012 Helsinki | 2013 Stockholm
JanneK

Post by JanneK »

Me and my wife will arrive in Helsinki either on Friday (31st of August) or on Saturday (1st of September). So we might want to join. Before confirming our participation we have one big decision to make. We are probably taking the kids along to our trip to Helsinki. Their grandma is also coming and will enjoy their company during the concert. The big decision is that do we have the heart to be apart from our children two consecutive nights.

So we might join or we might not :)
Show me the place
Where the Word became a man
Padma

Post by Padma »

We often take our children with us! They are now not quite as young as when they first came with us to Hydra - and, a few years ago they came to Krakow with us and loved every minute of it. Depending on how young they are, I would suggest you take them with you!
Wirebird

Post by Wirebird »

Thanks for organizing, Jarkko :-) I will arrive Saturday afternoon, so I will probably miss the walking tour? But count me in for the other meet ups.
85: Oslo 88: Oslo (2x) 93: Oslo 08: Gothenburg 09: Langesund; Bratislava; Prague 10: Malmø; Oslo; Oakland (2x); Las Vegas (2x)
12: Ghent (2x); Halden; Gothenburg; Helsinki; London; Verona; Paris (2x); Lisboa; Montreal (2x); Quebec; NYC; Brooklyn
13: Memphis, New Orleans, Louisville, London (2x), Antwerp, Mannheim, Brussels, Rome, Pula, Stockholm, Odense, Oslo, Bournemouth, Brighton, Birmingham, Rotterdam, Amsterdam, Wellington (2x), Auckland.
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

My flight is due to arrive just after 2.00 pm on Sept 1st so I won't be able to make a walking tour on Saturday afternoon either. However it will be nice to meet up with everyone on Saturday evening and I am looking to seeing something of the city on Sunday.

Wendy
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

There will be an Art Exhibition of Leonard Cohen (more than 50 of his art prints) at the Porvoo Art Factory.
The exhibition will be open daily except Mondays from August 31 to September 23.
Adam Cohen will perform at the opening night on August 30, and some Finnish artists will play LC's songs.
Porvoo is an old idyllic city near Helsinki (30 min by bus).
I will post more information soon.

We could organize a group trip to Porvoo on Saturday morning, September 1, for members who have
arrived in Helsinki. For Saturday evening we are looking for a nice restaurant in Helsinki.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

Jarkko - will it be possible for those of us who will arrive in Helsinki a little later on Saturday to get to the art exhibition on e.g. Sunday morning?

Wendy
jarkko
Site Admin

Helsinki, September 1-2 Meetup

Post by jarkko »

Absolutely. I will give some travel hints. The organizers also promised to keep It open for cohenites on Monday, if there are several who'd be interested and cannot make it on Sat nor Sun.
Goldin

Post by Goldin »

jarkko wrote:We could organize a group trip to Porvoo on Saturday morning, September 1
We are arriving in Helsinki on Saturday morning. Can you give some more information about timing?..

Anyway, this is a brilliant idea. Thanks a lot, Jarkko!
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

I am waiting for the press release of the Art Exhibit - the organizers promised to send it today. It will certainly include the opening times etc. There are bus connections to Porvoo every 15 or 30 minutes, so this will not be a problem. I will come back with details as soon as possible. I will also ask all who want to join us at the Saturday night dinner to email me. We need to know how big group we will have.

Return to “EUROPE 2012 / CONCERT REPORTS & MEET-UPS”