Dublin Meet-up

Concert reports, set lists, reviews, photos and You Tube links. Fan meet-ups before and after the concerts.
merri

Re: Dublin Meet-up

Post by merri »

Hi everyone!

I will be coming to concerts on September 14 and 15th and be happy to meet other LC lovers. Don't have a proper T-shirt though :)
It will also be my first time in Dublin and Ireland, looking forward to seeing the city.

A bit confused about the concert beginning time, do they really start concerts at 16-18 pm (not later considering 16 pm doors time) on Friday? How people who are not on vacation and work in Dublin cope with that?

Marina
basecamp

Post by basecamp »

Caren and I will be in Dublin for the concerts at the 11th and 12th Sept.! We are looking forward to meeting many cohenites at the Brazen Head :D
Cheers!
- Hans
Berlin 90ies /2008: Amsterdam/Berlin/Hamburg/ London RAH /2009: Berlin/Barcelona 2010: Odense/Berlin/Ghent(3x)/Wiesbaden/Strasbourg/Marseilles/Hannover/Las Vegas(2x),2012: Ghent(5x)/Amsterdam(2x)/Berlin/London/Verona/Toulon/Paris(2x)/Barcelona
2013: Paris-Antwerp-Mannheim-Brussels-Rome-Lucca-Berlin-Lodz-Prague-Vienna-Pula-Odense-Zurich-Manchester-Leeds-London-Rotterdam
Diane

Post by Diane »

Look forward to seeing you, Hans.

Merri - yes the gates open at 4 but you don't need to get there that early although there will likely be a support act beforehand. Last time at Kilmainham LC came onstage at 8pm sharp.

No matter about the T-shirt - if you write to Gwen to request a name tag it will be easy to identify others in the pub, or anywhere else in Dublin:-) viewtopic.php?f=58&p=310511#p310511
scarlet

Post by scarlet »

Im staying at the Ashling on 12th for concert. Anyone else staying there too and might be interested in meeting to go search for the Brazen Head?
FOXWOOD

Post by FOXWOOD »

I have just been looking through this thread.
From what I can gather it is all happening at the Brazen Head.

Lookatme will be there on the evening of the 10th.
The Porters wil go there for a "family reunion" at some time.
Also there may be meet ups at lunchtimes pre concerts and also post concerts.

Is there any other important information that I have missed?

Will anyone else be there on the evening of the 10th or will Lookatme be all alone?
Royal Albert Hall London 1988, Manchester Opera House 18th June 2008,
Manchester Arena 30th Nov 2008, Weybridge 11th July 2009,
Lissadell House 31st July 2010, Dublin 11th & 12th September 2012, London O2 21st June 2013,
Manchester Arena 31st Aug 2013,Leeds 7th September 2013
musicmania

Post by musicmania »

A lot of my friends are arriving in Dublin on the 10th so not sure I can make it down then. I will try and get down for a while after soundcheck before any of the concerts depending on time as it is a 25min walk each way. Does anyone know if there is a bar extension there as if there isn't it will be closed after the Tuesday and Wednesday concerts by the time we would get there but that won't be an issue Friday or Saturday as later pub times.
2009 Dublin 2010 Lissadell Katowice LV x2 2012 Ghent x2 Dublin x4 Montreal x2 Toronto x2 2013 New York x2 Brussels Dublin x2

Gwen's Leonard Cohen Journey: http://myleonardcohenjourney.wordpress.com/

"I did my best, it wasn't much"
yvettemc

Post by yvettemc »

Anyone travelling on their own (like me!) to Dublin for the friday concert? I can't wait. I'm flying from Newcastle, UK. Staying 2 nights. Originally the plan wasn't to come on my own (I've got two tickets)..well can't be helped. Looking forward to a great time! yvette
Lookatme

Post by Lookatme »

Hi

Lookatme just checking in here and to say hi, still arriving Ashling on the 10th, after the Hop Farm Kent on the 8th.

Will be at the Ashling till 12th, still up for the Brazen Head for me evenings of 10th and 11th.

Hope to see you all and being a Porter will be on the lookout for other Porters and of course any other Cohenites who want to meetup.

Lookatme. :roll:
real-alan

Post by real-alan »

Lookatme wrote:.... after the Hop Farm Kent on the 8th.

Will be at the Ashling till 12th...,,,
hope you've caught up with today's turbulence, and not expecting to be at Hop Farm any more!

I'll be at the Ashling too, but you'll have to work out who I am, without the aid of any nametags (or even LC tee-shirt....)
you may be right, I may be crazy.... but it just may be a lunatic you're looking for...

blah, blah, blah, blah, blah..... plenty
Lookatme

Post by Lookatme »

real-alan wrote:
Lookatme wrote:.... after the Hop Farm Kent on the 8th.

Will be at the Ashling till 12th...,,,
hope you've caught up with today's turbulence, and not expecting to be at Hop Farm any more!

I'll be at the Ashling too, but you'll have to work out who I am, without the aid of any nametags (or even LC tee-shirt....)

I hope contagion doesn't follow ouside venues!

One by one the guests are paying twice:
What are exactly are the ‘unforeseen circumstances’ is it that the organisers were under the delusion that the Kent countryside would be basking under thirty degrees of sunshine in September, will the Dublin venues now also suffer the same fate if the same criteria are used, what exactly has changed since the tickets went on sale.
Many people, including me have based other arrangements and incurred costs around these venues: and in the word of pre booked non-refundable travel and accommodation, the costs are now lost with no chance it seems of recovery.
I am aware of this happening before on the last tour. At the end of the day I feel Leonard owes my family sixty quid, fortunately and just by chance we do end up seeing Leonard closer to home, though costing us a second hotel for this privilege, whilst the Hop Farm local hotel pockets our money and sells our unused beds for two nights to other guests.
How much have others lost, is anyone considering the legal position on recovering funds, it would be interesting to keep a running total of our losses so far, so let’s start off with £60 and add it up post by post.
See you in London and Dublin.
Caen 2010
musicmania

Post by musicmania »

viewtopic.php?f=58&t=32416&p=312177#p312177

If anyone here is interested in Name Tags for the Dublin concert please see the attached link for details.
2009 Dublin 2010 Lissadell Katowice LV x2 2012 Ghent x2 Dublin x4 Montreal x2 Toronto x2 2013 New York x2 Brussels Dublin x2

Gwen's Leonard Cohen Journey: http://myleonardcohenjourney.wordpress.com/

"I did my best, it wasn't much"
sbreen

Post by sbreen »

In Dublin for the 11th Sept Concert (from New Zealand).
Gates open 4pm.

Does anyone know when the sound check is likely to take place?
(Don't want to miss a single moment!!)
real-alan

Post by real-alan »

sbreen wrote: Does anyone know when the sound check is likely to take place?
(Don't want to miss a single moment!!)
have posted an answer to this question in the other place you posted it... ;-)
you may be right, I may be crazy.... but it just may be a lunatic you're looking for...

blah, blah, blah, blah, blah..... plenty
sbreen

Post by sbreen »

many thanks

We will be there from 3pm hoping to hear something from outside the venue and will be entering ASA we can after 4pm.
Chubi

Post by Chubi »

I have a practical - and yes, somewhat serious - question: Is it likely or at least possible that the weather is such that wearing wellies at the concert might be a good idea? I will travel around Ireland during two weeks and wonder if I should pack them in my suitcase. I'd hate sitting for hours with wet feet but don't want to bring along something unnecessary.
Véronique

Return to “EUROPE 2012 / CONCERT REPORTS & MEET-UPS”