Dublin Meet-up

Concert reports, set lists, reviews, photos and You Tube links. Fan meet-ups before and after the concerts.
anneporter

Dublin Meet-up

Post by anneporter »

We Porters can decide to go to the Brazen Head for our "family reunion". I've never met another Anne Porter...
newfoundland--understand?
daveeliver

Re: Dublin Meet-up

Post by daveeliver »

http://www.porterhousebrewco.com/ !!!

I've sampled many of their brews and can enjoyed them.
Look after yourself and (each)others. All the best Dave ♫♫♫
Lookatme

Post by Lookatme »

anneporter wrote:We Porters can decide to go to the Brazen Head for our "family reunion". I've never met another Anne Porter...
Sorry to hi jack the thread but sounds like a plan is evolving and picking up momentum, the Brazen Head it is then for the pre meet, at least for the Cohenites named Porter, with an invitation extended to all family and 'friends' to meet up.

Personally, I will be at the Ashling from the 10th and will stroll down to the Brazen Head for that evening, so if anyone wants to join feel welcome. On the 11th say lunchtime and post concert at the Brazen Head too, unless someone has a better idea.

Who will join?

I am open to any better ideas or suggestion.

I will be wearing a river's disguise though!
Lookatme

Post by Lookatme »

daveeliver wrote:http://www.porterhousebrewco.com/ !!!

I've sampled many of their brews and can enjoyed them.
Tell me more us more please. :D
Diane

Post by Diane »

Anne - the one with the flower ablaze - you are coming to Dublin! I did wish to meet you and wishes come true, clearly.

While the Brazen Head is a great default (and Portermeet) pub for the entire period people are in Dublin - it has a fair bit of space, and is within 10-15 mins walking distance of the venue if my memory serves - I think we are waiting for one of the active Irish members here who may be making more detailed plans for the meet-up(s). Is anyone? Is there ever such a thing as a plan, in Ireland:-)? If not...
Lookatme wrote:On the 11th say lunchtime and post concert at the Brazen Head
sounds good to me, lookatme.
Kali

Post by Kali »

Just a note where Leonard might be staying.....Last time it was **** as I spotted him there! waitress told me he ordered a tuna sandwich and a 'glass of the black stuff! :razz:

*** Edit by Maarten
Aloevera

Post by Aloevera »

Happy Easter Anneporter.

I cannot believe what I've just read -- you're coming to Dublin. What fantastic news. I am so thrilled. It will be wonderful to meet you in my home town. Can you PM your dates etc so we can arrange to meet up.

In song.
P.
2008 - RHK Dublin x 2, Lucca, Birmingham
2009 - Dublin x 2, Barcelona, Nashville
2010 - Marseille, Las Vegas X 2
anneporter

Dublin Meet-up

Post by anneporter »

Hi, Paula, Diane, Dave, and the Porters,
Happy Easter to you, too, Paula.

I have bought tickets for Dublin and booked the Ashling but I haven't finalized anything else yet... I am still hoping there will be concerts on this side of the Atlantic....
I'll keep you posted.

See you all in September! (chances are..)
Anne
newfoundland--understand?
sbreen

Post by sbreen »

Just checking.

Coming from New Zealand.
Tickets haven't arrived yet - but assuming they will arrive 'any day now'.

Is it really a 4pm concert start?
Diane

Post by Diane »

I have my fingers crossed, Anne.

Hello Sbreen. Apparently yes, gates open at 4pm. I wonder who is support this time? You are travelling some distance. I am certain you will be charmed by Ireland:-)
musicmania

Post by musicmania »

sbreen wrote:Just checking.

Coming from New Zealand.
Tickets haven't arrived yet - but assuming they will arrive 'any day now'.

Is it really a 4pm concert start?
Ticketmaster take their sweet time when it comes to releasing concert tickets so don't fret yet. Gates open at 4pm but the concert won't start til later. When do you arrive in Ireland?
2009 Dublin 2010 Lissadell Katowice LV x2 2012 Ghent x2 Dublin x4 Montreal x2 Toronto x2 2013 New York x2 Brussels Dublin x2

Gwen's Leonard Cohen Journey: http://myleonardcohenjourney.wordpress.com/

"I did my best, it wasn't much"
cate heffernan

Post by cate heffernan »

Anyone know how I can get into booking my presale ticket for Fridays LC Concert please - cannot seem to get into Links/passwords
many thanks Cate x
sbreen

Post by sbreen »

We arrive Dublin airport Sunday 9th (early afternoon).

Leave from London Thursday 20th (evening).

Visiting my husband's family roots (Limerick), looking at Welsh castles and the sights of London while we are there.
emmasothern

Post by emmasothern »

Hi everyone! I'm going to the one on the 14th and would love to join the pints brigade before or after the gig...I love the Brazen Head as well (and it's Ireland's oldest pub so we'd be drinking in some culture as well as our Guinness)...is anyone else going to the Friday concert planning a meet up?
Diane

Post by Diane »

emmasothern wrote:...I love the Brazen Head as well (and it's Ireland's oldest pub so we'd be drinking in some culture as well as our Guinness)...is anyone else going to the Friday concert planning a meet up?
Hi Emma! I will be at the concerts on the 11th and 14th (was unable to prevent myself from opting for a second night), and am looking forward to meeting you, and everyone else in this thread in the Brazen Head, before the gigs. It will be a fabulous week.

Return to “EUROPE 2012 / CONCERT REPORTS & MEET-UPS”