Our recidivists

The New York Event - before and after!
Kush

Post by Kush »

There are more Canadians and Greeks who have found refuge in US than the other way around. Far far more!! Leonard Cohen is one of them.
There are also approx. 3.5 to 4 million Arabs who have found refuge in US - in the last elections 46% of Arab-americans voted for George W., 29% for Al Gore.
Things that make you go hmmm....
Linda

Post by Linda »

You need not fear being in the USA any more than you should fear any other part of the world right now. We are not giving in to terrorism, and if we do you will know what real fear is.

I am not going to the New York event, and it is not for fear or lack of money for me. It would take the man himself to get me to the same spot as some of you from this forum, quite frankly. Note the word some. I have met some beautiful people here also.

Kush, maybe they voted for Bush for the same reasons I did. :) Eight years was Bill was enough. By the way where do you get these statistics?

Not to start any politcal discussion, I do not visit here often, and mostly to see what LC is up to.

No further comment.
Linda
Paula

Post by Paula »

How did this thread become so political? The only reason I am not going is fear of flying nothing to do with terrorists I am just as likely to get caught in something here as I am there. If only the Tardis was real :lol:

I hope you all have a really great time.
Partisan

Post by Partisan »

If only the Tardis was real
Very funny Paula. You'll be telling me next that the Tooth Fairy doesn't exist either. Going around telling fibs is neither big nor clever.

p.

p.s. By Andrew McG's definitions George(s) is a poet because he thinks he is. Sadly there does not seem to be a 'roll on the floor laughing my ass off' icon here.
Paula

Post by Paula »

:lol:
George.Wright

Post by George.Wright »

[[quote]Very funny Paula. You'll be telling me next that the Tooth Fairy doesn't exist either

I doubt that you even exist P, you keep appearing like a bad fairy (excuse the innuendo), to attack that which you can never realise. If it's not Liz, it's Georges. James, you are becoming a bore, with only a snipers wit and soooooo predictable. James Willamson, shame on you. Time for you to take on another's disguise. Try the rivers and FLOW off.
Georges
I am a right bad ass, dankish prince and I love my Violet to bits.
Kush

Post by Kush »

Linda...I saw these stats sometime ago at an arab-american website after it was brought to my attention by a palestinian colleague (albeit with a Brooklyn accent ). I have a special interest in little facts and figures and issues of various minority communities - especially of south asia but others too.
I must emphasize though that I do like 'Billary' (i.e., Bill+Hillary). :)

yeah - I agree I should've stayed off the politics on this thread.

I've been missing George and James show for sometime - maybe we can pick up the pace now :) .....
Vesuvius

Post by Vesuvius »

Ciao Linda!

I miss you and your perspective. But I know what it is to be the minority view here on the world scene. So I do not blame you. It is weary to have to defend the view that everyone else thinks is wrong. That is why I do not go looking at the news-group that often. The view there is that President Bush = Hitler and the poltics is always brought into the topics. No matter what the topic is. That is why I defend here to try and stem the trickle. If you do not stop the trickle it becomes a flood. :)

I hope everyone has a wonderful time in New York no matter what side you're on.

Vesuvius
Vesuvius

Post by Vesuvius »

Ciao George!

Ignore the Evil Eye!

My poem about Leonard is not going very well so I will try to write one about Partisan!

Vesuvius
George.Wright

Post by George.Wright »

Ves, you have plenty to write about in that evil ba****d. He has more faces and identities than Lon Chaney. The funny thing is, that he thinks that he is smart.
A purrfect specimen for a study and a good poem, write on my friend, write on.........i look forward to your offering.....
Georges
I am a right bad ass, dankish prince and I love my Violet to bits.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Thanks for your sincere wish of a good time for all of us in New York, Vesuvius. If all goes well, we'll all be on the same side there ~ Leonard's :D !

Didn't the men of olde retire to the drawing room to smoke cigars and talk politics? At the dinner table, all enjoyed the food and each other.

~ Lizzy

Return to “The Leonard Cohen Event in New York 2004”