HOP FARM SHOWS TO WEMBLEY ARENA

Everything about the European leg of the World Tour!
Murphy575

Re: URGENT: HOP FARM SHOWS TO WEMBLEY ARENA

Postby Murphy575 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:48 am

Lookatme wrote:One by one the guests are paying twice:
What are exactly are the ‘unforeseen circumstances’ is it that the organisers were under the delusion that the Kent countryside would be basking under thirty degrees of sunshine in September, will the Dublin venues now also suffer the same fate if the same criteria are used, what exactly has changed since the tickets went on sale.
Many people, including me have based other arrangements and incurred costs around these venues: and in the word of pre booked non-refundable travel and accommodation, the costs are now lost with no chance it seems of recovery.
I am aware of this happening before on the last tour. At the end of the day I feel Leonard owes my family sixty quid, fortunately and just by chance we do end up seeing Leonard closer to home, though costing us a second hotel for this privilege, whilst the Hop Farm local hotel pockets our money and sells our unused beds for two nights to other guests.
How much have others lost, is anyone considering the legal position on recovering funds, it would be interesting to keep a running total of our losses so far, so let’s start off with £60 and add it up post by post.
See you in London and Dublin.
Caen 2010
I think your username is quite apt... I think this is the 3rd time in three different threads you've posted this exact post...
dharma

Postby dharma » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:55 am

I just got back from my holiday and was going through my emails when I read about the Hop Farm gigs being switched to Wembley Arena.

It's all a bit of a mess for me - it seems my front row ticket is still available, but having spent too much money while on holiday, I don't have the money to buy the like-for-like Wembley ticket. Also, because of a separate issue with the credit card company with whom I bought the Hop Farm ticket, the refund from Eventim has gone to my defunct credit card account instead of to me.

So, I've lost the £106.50 I paid for the Hop Farm ticket, and cannot afford the replacement front row Wembley ticket.

Nice one, Eventim. :?

At least I had an enjoyable holiday...
London 1985 / London 1988 / London 1992 / Dublin, Manchester, London, Paris, 2008 / Weybridge, Venice 2009
Lookatme

Postby Lookatme » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:04 am

As I said in separate post:

Hop Farm into Wembley Arena doesn't go!
by Lookatme » Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:44 pm

It doesn't add up:

The Hop Farm capacity is between 30,000 and 53,000, it was reported that the first night was sold out.

Wembley Arena capacity is only 12,500!

Am I missing something.
Last edited by Lookatme on Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lookatme

Postby Lookatme » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:11 am

Lookatme wrote:I think your username is quite apt... I think this is the 3rd time in three different threads you've posted this exact post...
Indeed and thank you for your interest from one I see who is not even going, as no one else seems bothered having been 'robbed' if they were originally attending, so your concern is welcome.

The limited response to mine and others postings though may demonstrate a fact:

Where are all the angry people, all 53,000 ? (a supposed capacity sell out crowd, comparable in size to the population of an English Market Town!) displaced people from the Hop Farm, they only are represented in then less than a few dozen postings and a couple of comments to online articles in newspapers. I really doubt they were there in the first place!

Face it, it was undersold and the plug was pulled, a few people including me have lost their hotels and travel costs, tough. The End.

Those who still want to go (as I will be with my family, though one row back from originally booked) have a good chance, as from reports; Wembley Arena's only 12,500 seats, are still well undersubscribed, if the original crowd existed and all wanted to go, we would be four to a seat, great for making friends! :lol:

Just 'Google' the seating capacties of The Hop Farm and Wembley Arena and compare.
Mabeanie1

Postby Mabeanie1 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:59 am

Lookatme wrote:Just 'Google' the seating capacties of The Hop Farm and Wembley Arena and compare.
"Look at me" indeed. You are certainly making yourself known. Do you want replies to all your identical posts? I replied to one of the first ones talking about financial losses but I'm not going to reply to each and everyone one separately. Life is much too short.

On the capacity point, and as someone else has already pointed out in reply to one of your other identical posts, the Hop Farm capacity you are talking about is the summer "standing in a field" festival. The seated Hop Farm venue for the LC concerts is much, much smaller - just look at the seating map. You can always count the seats up if you don't believe me. Or, alternatively, you could Google the capacity for the Dublin concerts - the Dublin and Hop Farm seating maps look to be identical.

Wendy
bean

Postby bean » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:41 am

I thought that the seated capacity for the Hop Farm was circa 10,000.
honeyrose

Postby honeyrose » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:50 am

OK I have successfully booked new tix.

Two questions

1.Old tix were purchased with my Barclaycard, is that where the refund will appear ?- only I do not have online access to it, just monthly statements so will not know if I have a return credit until end of September.

2. Printed out my own Hop Farm tx. Did not see this option for Wembley Arena. Are they being sent out in post?
lightasabreeze

Postby lightasabreeze » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:48 am

honeyrose wrote:OK I have successfully booked new tix.

Two questions

1.Old tix were purchased with my Barclaycard, is that where the refund will appear ?- only I do not have online access to it, just monthly statements so will not know if I have a return credit until end of September.

2. Printed out my own Hop Farm tx. Did not see this option for Wembley Arena. Are they being sent out in post?

Seeing as I was charged £5 handling charge for two tickets, I am expecting tickets to be sent, otherwise what is the £5 for?
Somebody must have died for you
A Thousand Kisses Deep

London 02 x 3..... Radio city New York... Wet Weybridge..... Wembley Arena... Brighton..
Mabeanie1

Postby Mabeanie1 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:05 pm

honeyrose wrote:OK I have successfully booked new tix.

Two questions

I assume the refunds will automatically go back to the credit card used when booking but I suggest you call Eventim Customer Services if you have any queries. Also if you no longer have the original credit card for any reason.

As far as I know, all the Wembley tickets are being mailed out but, again, you can check this with Eventim Customer Services.

Wendy
Murphy575

Postby Murphy575 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:06 pm

What I don't get is.

Wouldn't it have been easier to just accept Hop farm tickets at Wembley. Of course the seating plan is different but there surly is some way to 'convert' the seating chart (obviously there is, what are they doing now?) so if they just had accepted Hop Farm tickets on the door in Wembley, then go round putting stickers on the seats converting them to Hop Farm standards, rather than issuing new tickets, refunding etc etc.
bean

Postby bean » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:09 pm

I agree the with comments above; refund will be to the card you originally paid on (the e-mail last Thursday said it would be within 3 to 5 days; but allow for the bank holiday weekend) and I also understand that the new tickets are being sent out by post.
Mabeanie1

Postby Mabeanie1 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:14 pm

Murphy575 wrote:What I don't get is.

Wouldn't it have been easier to just accept Hop farm tickets at Wembley. Of course the seating plan is different but there surly is some way to 'convert' the seating chart.
This was my initial thought but the seating plans are so radically different I don't think it would have worked. The organisers would have had to make too many random decisions on behalf of ticket holders. For example, someone has a seat for the Hop Farm concerts which is in one of the side blocks but quite near the front. The Hop Farm floor plan was much wider than Wembley Arena - maybe twice as wide. Do you automatically give people who had seats outside the Wembley floor plan (approx 60 seats) seats in the raised section on the side or do you give them floor seats further back? Some people like raised seating & side view; some people would much rather be on the flat floor with a straight on view of the stage and screens. It would have been chaos. Far better (in theory) to let people go in to the seating plan and choose their new seats for themselves. Of course, it didn't really work out so well in practice for a lot of people but there were going to be a lot of very unhappy people whatever they did.

Wendy
Murphy575

Postby Murphy575 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:29 pm

^^ while what you say is very true, to be frank it does not seem like they put much thought into how ticket holders would react anyway.

However, things happen. It seems like the whole festival is cancelled, the website only refers to something in July 2012 :?

I guess the way they did it is better than having no UK concert (which was the original plan). I just feel sorry for the other expenses people have lost (hotels etc). I wish there was something I could do but my flat is only big enough to house one extra person, unless you don't mind getting cosy with a stranger lol
Kanga

Postby Kanga » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:33 pm

Another reason why they can't just accept the old tickets is that some people have asked for a refund. Much easier to resell blocks of tickets than odd ones scattered around.
2008 17 Jul - O2, London; 17 Nov - RAH, London; 22 Nov - NEC, Birmingham
2009 11 Jul - MB World, Weybridge
2012 9 Sept - Wembley Arena, London
anniekilmaine

Postby anniekilmaine » Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:23 pm

Sooo disappointed. I was looking forward to a good pub lunch somewhere in Kent followed by the Hop Farm concert, it would have been such a perfect day. Not at all interested in Wembley Arena - am feeling really let down. :(

Return to “Old Ideas World Tour 2012 / Europe”