Important announcement coming

Everything about the European leg of the World Tour!
Aria

Re: Important announcement tonight

Post by Aria »

mydoglorca wrote:@Aria

I notice you were at the Colston Hall, Bristol in 1976. So were we - it started the whole thing off really.
Jill
I remember the Colston Hall concert well even though we missed a lot of it. Our car, a white Mini Clubman, broke down on the way to Bristol and we had to be rescued by the side of the busy M4 by an AA patrolman after a lengthy wait.
But we were still determined to reach Bristol and see Leonard Cohen live for the first time. We arrived very late and had to tip-toe in between songs so that we wouldn’t disturb the performance. But it was worth it.

The things we sometimes have to endure to enjoy a Leonard Cohen concert…

And thanks Jarkko and the forum for all the info and help these last couple of days so that we can again enjoy another performance.
1976: Colston Hall, Bristol. 2008: London O2. 2009: Liverpool, Dublin. 2010: Lissadell X 2. 2012: Wembley Arena, London x 2. 2013: London O2
Bob Young

Re: Important announcement coming

Post by Bob Young »

This is very disappointing. We were taking in the Hop Farm on our way to France - hotel booked in Tunbridge Wells. Wembley isn't feasible for us, so sorry Leonard, we will have to pass this time around.
Bob Young
cohenadmirer

Post by cohenadmirer »

Only just noticed all this - don't check the leonard news everyday. i hope there aren't too many people with Hop farm tickets who are still oblivious to this situation

Jarkko's opening message is the sort that normally presages something exciting and good ( like a new tour or extra concerts ). How disappointing in this case !

Stressful for a lot of people
Leonard's work resonates
Brighton 1979; Dublin , Manchester june 2008; glasgow, manchester Nov 2008; Liverpool july 2009 ; Barcelona Sept 2009 ;marseille, lille september2010: Ghent August 2012;Barcelona October 2012;Montreal x2 November 2012: 2013; Saint John NB April 2013; Brussels June 2013;Manchester August 2013; Leeds , Birmingham September 2013; Amsterdam September 2013
dogzero

Post by dogzero »

Doh! Just found out about this from a friend this morning.

I bought three tickets for the Saturday (at face value) from a Fan Club member in May as she was no longer able to go. I've tried to get in contact with her, with no luck so far. I'm hoping that her reason for not being able to go doesn't involve her being incommunicado for the next couple of weeks...

Not sure what to do now - a bit skint having just bought train tickets to Kent and pay day is still a few days off. I have the eventim tickets here in my hand, but I think my options are limited. Hey ho. :?

AJ.

Return to “Old Ideas World Tour 2012 / Europe”