HOP FARM # 2 CONFIRMED.

Everything about the European leg of the World Tour!
jarkko
Site Admin

HOP FARM # 2 CONFIRMED.

Post by jarkko »

hopfarm2.jpg
The Hop Farm
Paddock Wood, Kent, UK
Second concert on September 9

Our presale is over.
The tickets are on public sale at http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/event/1F0 ... norcatid=1#
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
miss_p

Re: HOP FARM # 2 CONFIRMED. PRESALE NOW

Post by miss_p »

I know this is slightly off topic but please bear with me. If you have bought tickets from Eventim then the chances are you have been mis-sold event insurance that you didn't need or want. Eventim's booking page deliberately has the insurance box pre-ticked. They know that few people notice this in their rush to secure tickets, so they earn extra money out of concert fans. Travel companies used to run the same scam but I believe it is now illegal for them to do it.

If you've bought tickets today for the second date then check your booking confirmation. You have a 14 day period to cancel the insurance that you've been mis-sold. This is the person to contact:

ravelclaims@travel-insurance.com
Adrian Lawrence
Operations Manager
ETI – International Travel Protection

Send an email giving your booking reference number and formally requesting a refund. You are not obliged to fill out forms or send a letter in the post. State that unless you receive confirmation that the insurance is being refunded to your card then you will complain to the FSA (Financial Services Authority). I believe the FSA is already investigating them so they won't want further complaints.

Sorry for the rant but these people are making a fortune by slipping this on the bill so nobody notices it.
harald

Post by harald »

on the other hand
from my experience with many ticket-sellers, eventim is the best with the clearest and smoothest functioning booking procedure
harald
1979 Kassel / 1980 Munich / 2008 Munich, Hamburg / 2009 Cologne, Antwerp, Lisbon, Budapest, Barcelona / 2010 Salzburg, Florence, Marseille, Stuttgart, Bratislava / 2012 Ghent, Berlin, Verona, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon / 2013 Paris, Mannheim, Rome, Prague, Pula, Zuerich, Amsterdam
2011 Haiger / 2014 Dublin / 2015 Hydra, Viladrau / 2016 Amsterdam / 2017 Hydra, Balaton / 2019 Yorkshire
lightasabreeze

Post by lightasabreeze »

That is odd. because I did untick the box, thinking I don't need that. Afterwards I worried that maybe I should have left it ticked. So thanks, I feel better now that I did actually untick it.
A racket that you have to pay to print your own ticket though. It is my ink and my paper I am using.
I had made up my mind not to go as it was open air - after Weybridge - but when I saw a second date I succumbed.
I hope it is not wellies and macs, that's all.
Somebody must have died for you
A Thousand Kisses Deep

London 02 x 3..... Radio city New York... Wet Weybridge..... Wembley Arena... Brighton..
miss_p

Post by miss_p »

Ditto. I had decided to give Hop Farm a swerve after being soaked at Weybridge. But I gave in and booked the second date, just like you. I have row 3 seats for Paris on the Sunday night, so that even if Hop Farm is a wash out (and I pray that it isn't), I will still have Paris.

The insurance is pretty useless so well done for un-ticking the box. It annoys me that these people are making money out of people who don't understand that they are buying insurance when they don't need to/have to.

I hope this year is an Indian summer and we all have an amazing experience in Kent.
dharma

Post by dharma »

I just noticed that some of the cheaper "blue" seats at the back that are priced at £65 for the Sunday concert, are still on sale for the Saturday concert, but classified as "yellow" and therefore priced at £85.

That seems unfair to have two different prices for the same seats, depending on what day you attend the concerts.

Anyway, nice to see a second gig added and the doubters proved wrong. :)
London 1985 / London 1988 / London 1992 / Dublin, Manchester, London, Paris, 2008 / Weybridge, Venice 2009
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

I'm wondering just how this eBay seller managed to get "more than 10" tickets in block A4 row B for the 9 September show?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LEONARD-COHEN ... 162wt_1037

There were 2 of us looking here when the Forum pre-sale opened at 7.00 am on Friday but rows 1-B were blocked out. And yes, I confess I did check all the ticket agencies when the public sale opened at 7.00 am this morning but the "best" available was row R in a A3.

Speculative listing or ...?

Wendy
Nefelly

Post by Nefelly »

I checked with Eventim about the time of concert and they said the support acts start at 4 pm. They also confirmed that free shuttle buses were available to and from train stations.

I then checked with National Rail whose online timetable only goes up to early August but their last train back from Paddock Wood into London departs at 23.01 on a Saturday and 22.47 on a Sunday. I know occasionally some new timetables come into effect early September but am doubtful if much change would happen with a last train time.

Just depends how many support "acts"there are, how long and what sort of interval until Mr Cohen's set .........

I just have visions of an almighty scramble after the concert to exit to the shuttle buses
but maybe a high proportion of people will be using their cars. I know this is a long way ahead but I always prefer to know my options well in advance !!!
Vicomte

Post by Vicomte »

dharma wrote:
Anyway, nice to see a second gig added and the doubters proved wrong. :)
Did people doubt a second gig at Hop Farm, didn't think anyone knew if there was to be a second date, do you have a link?
I guess it all started for me sometime around Christmas 1967 and now, goodness me, it's.........2018 and over fifty years later.
No one ever listens to me. I might as well be a Leonard Cohen record.
Neil from The Young Ones
lightasabreeze

Post by lightasabreeze »

Mabeanie1 wrote:I'm wondering just how this eBay seller managed to get "more than 10" tickets in block A4 row B for the 9 September show?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LEONARD-COHEN ... 162wt_1037

There were 2 of us looking here when the Forum pre-sale opened at 7.00 am on Friday but rows 1-B were blocked out. And yes, I confess I did check all the ticket agencies when the public sale opened at 7.00 am this morning but the "best" available was row R in a A3.

Speculative listing or ...?

Wendy
I too was on that pre-sale dead on 7am. and like you I wondered who had all the A and B seats. I assume that The hop Farm have those regardless of the artists appearing, and sell them to 'regulars'. If they don't like the artist then they just sell the tickets on ebay.
Definitely not fair of real fans though. Maybe someone, sometime could find out.
A Thousand Kisses Deep

London 02 x 3..... Radio city New York... Wet Weybridge..... Wembley Arena... Brighton..
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

lightasabreeze wrote:I too was on that pre-sale dead on 7am. and like you I wondered who had all the A and B seats. I assume that The hop Farm have those regardless of the artists appearing, and sell them to 'regulars'. If they don't like the artist then they just sell the tickets on ebay.
Definitely not fair of real fans though. Maybe someone, sometime could find out.
I assumed that AEG had blocked the seats but I could be (probably am) wrong. But if it was Hop Farm then surely they would have blocked seats for the first show as well? Maybe they took seats for locals as part of a deal to get planning permission for a second show and someone is now selling the seats on behalf of the locals? I don't know Kent at all so I have no idea if Paddock Farm has neighbours or not.

I suspect we may never know. BTW the eBay seller claims to have the tickets in hand.

Wendy
lightasabreeze

Post by lightasabreeze »

Mabeanie1 wrote:
lightasabreeze wrote:I too was on that pre-sale dead on 7am. and like you I wondered who had all the A and B seats. I assume that The hop Farm have those regardless of the artists appearing, and sell them to 'regulars'. If they don't like the artist then they just sell the tickets on ebay.
I assumed that AEG had blocked the seats but I could be (probably am) wrong. But if it was Hop Farm then surely they would have blocked seats for the first show as well? Maybe they took seats for locals as part of a deal to get planning permission for a second show and someone is now selling the seats on behalf of the locals? I don't know Kent at all so I have no idea if Paddock Farm has neighbours or not.

I suspect we may never know. BTW the eBay seller claims to have the tickets in hand.

Wendy
I know that part of Kent well, I live less than an hour away. There are neighbours, As you can imagine it is in the country so big houses are around. You make a valid point, as being the second concert is on a Sunday, maybe that has upset them. But having said
that, there are many things going on there on Sundays. Maybe they just don't want a musical concert.

We will all have to go up to the people in front and ask them how they got their tickets before us !!!!!
A Thousand Kisses Deep

rpan

Post by rpan »

I got 2 seats in row B in the 7am Pre-sale for the second concert, sounds as if maybe this was unusual luck?
"We were broken then, but now we're borderline"
---------------------------------------------------------------------
2009: Dublin - Lisbon - Barcelona - San Jose
2010: Sligo - Florence - Marseille - Lille - Las Vegas
2012: Wembley - Kilmainham - Paris - Montreal
2013: London O2 - Lucca - Dublin
sebmelmoth2003

vince power

Post by sebmelmoth2003 »

i believe vince power is the impressario behind leonard's upcoming shows at the hop farm.

Vince Power’s Music Festivals group today warned that economic woes are hitting sales at its Hop Farm Music Festival in Kent...

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/business/ ... 70771.html
Vicomte

Re: HOP FARM # 2 CONFIRMED.

Post by Vicomte »

It may or may not concern the LC concerts, this piece is not talking of the two LC dates but maybe it could later, how are the ticket sales for LC going?
I guess it all started for me sometime around Christmas 1967 and now, goodness me, it's.........2018 and over fifty years later.
No one ever listens to me. I might as well be a Leonard Cohen record.
Neil from The Young Ones

Return to “Old Ideas World Tour 2012 / Europe”