PRESALE TO the 3rd CONCERT IN DUBLIN

Everything about the European leg of the World Tour!
FatherDougal

Re: PRESALE TO the 3rd CONCERT IN DUBLIN

Post by FatherDougal » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:52 am

MarieM wrote:
Advance ticket booking for Files/Forum members
by jarkko » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:20 pm

The list of venues of the summer tour will be announced on this website on March 11 at 00.01 am European time - either Finnish time (UTC+2) or UTC/Greenwich Mean Time - we will let you know which time zone!

There will be a special advance ticket booking open only to the members of The Leonard Cohen Files and Forum, thanks to Leonard and his management.

Many people joined this Forum in the month of March 2008 and many joined during the subsequent months. You came here for the presales, you partook of the presales, you got your tickets, you saw your concerts. Now that you have been feed, you wish to bar the doors to everyone else?

Most of us discovered Leonard Cohen by happenstance. There was no effort involved. We heard a song and by some grace, some personal need, our lives were changed. Most of us were just a pawn in the universe's grand scheme that put us in a certain spot at a certain time and opened our ears and our heart. How does something so random make people feel entitled? There is no documentation that anyone has to produce to prove they are worthy to be here. The only credential required is the desire to experience Leonard.

When Jarkko began this Forum a tour was an impossibility. Those of you who joined on or after March 2008 know nothing of the Forum that existed without the word "tour" in every post. But before 2008 there was a body of work, Leonard's poems and songs, that was and remains worthy of being experienced by everyone. It is sacrilege to me that after all these years, after dreaming for so long that Leonard would just get a tiny amount of attention from the mainstream, that now folks here would be talking about excluding the very people we hoped would come to Leonard. Do I long for the days when no one knew his name? Yeah, I do sometimes. Sometimes so many of you babbling "tour, tour, tour" as if Leonard is some kind of aging Justin Bieber gets on my nerves. But guess what, there never would have been a 2008-2010 World Tour if there weren't so many of you. And there wouldn't be a 2012 Old Ideas World Tour if there weren't even more of you. So, thank you to everyone who came to Leonard years ago or months ago. Thank you to all of you who came to Leonard yesterday. As far as WE are concerned, you are all welcome here. Thank you to those who will come to Leonard tomorrow and well into the future. You are the people we have been waiting for.

Jarkko and Marie
Very well said.

I joined this forum in 2010, on the basis of looking for a ticket. I subsequently found lots of
information, & hopefully gave some, on other threads on this forum. My friends & I had great
seats in Lissadell ( although exiting there was a complete nightmare, but the sounds
& words of Mr Cohen, The Webb Sisters , Sharon R & the band, kept us happy).

Last Sunday, I gave details of joining this forum to another "fan" of Leonard's - one
of the so-called newbies (& he doesn't deserve to be outed).

Anyways that's enough preaching from me!

Fr D
Well, Ted, as I said last time, it won't happen again.
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:01 am

The presale is active now.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
Bingo

Post by Bingo » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:06 am

Thanks a lot!
Pudy

Post by Pudy » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:07 am

Got my ticket! Block A4 row C! (That must be at the front right?)

See you there and thanks for the pre-sale code!
sharon.e

Post by sharon.e » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:08 am

Am not going but here to help out others - holding 1 ticket: A3, Row F, Seat 66 - any forum member interested?
2009 Tel Aviv; San Jose
2010 Sligo [x2] ; Las Vegas [x2]
2012 Berlin; Paris; New York, Brooklyn
2013 London (Sept); Amsterdam
musicmania

Post by musicmania » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:11 am

Thank you so much Jarkko! 5th row almost centre stage so very happy :D
2009 Dublin 2010 Lissadell Katowice LV x2 2012 Ghent x2 Dublin x4 Montreal x2 Toronto x2 2013 New York x2 Brussels Dublin x2

Gwen's Leonard Cohen Journey: http://myleonardcohenjourney.wordpress.com/

"I did my best, it wasn't much"
piwi

Post by piwi » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:12 am

Got 2 tickets for me and my husband, defintely not for resale to those who think I joined just to resell on ebay. I am so deligthed, never thought I'd get to see Leonard Cohen live, it's a dream come true. Roll on September. I won't be giving details to anyone apart from true fans. Thanks again.
Grainnemhaoil

Post by Grainnemhaoil » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:13 am

Thanks Jarrko, and well said on the earlier post. Welcome everyone, take the scalpers on the chin.

Block A4 row C, Yay!
Oh God, The Trees Are Excellent.
AnthonyKelly

Post by AnthonyKelly » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:14 am

Heh can someone please help, how do I get the presale password? Am getting lost in the threads & getting nowhere?
majmunka

Post by majmunka » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:15 am

musicmania wrote:Thank you so much Jarkko! 5th row almost centre stage so very happy :D
5th row for me too, Gwen :D Might be next to you :D

Thanks, Jarkko and Marie, you have the patience of a saint <3
Majmunka
Sheila

Post by Sheila » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:17 am

Got Block A, row B. So thrilled
johnos

Post by johnos » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:18 am

got 2, a4 row q, newbie to the forum, discovered Leonard when unemployed 1 yr before Lissadell, every cloud has a silver lining, have been going to concerts for 25 yrs, Lissadell definitely my all time concert highlight, attending Kilmanhim this year with 5 new fans converted since Lissadell, Leonard is touring for newbies as well as those long time fans, never too late
emmasothern

Post by emmasothern » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:19 am

Ladydi, thanks for the crappy start to my day. I am in fact a genuine fan, not some person hoping to make a quick buck off ebay. I have all his albums but have so far only been able to see him at the O2 in Dublin. When I heard he was playing Kilmainham again I couldn't believe my luck but didn't manage to get tickets for the first 2 dates, despite constant page refreshing...so last night I realised that I could join the forum for presale tickets. I didn't post because I thought it would increase my chances, but simply because I was excited about this morning, because I did really appreciate you sharing the information and because I wanted to share my hopes with other fans. Just because I wasn't part of the forum beforehand doesn't mean I'm less of a fan and I certainly won't be on here again if that's how you treat people. I got my two tickets anyway (not 'several prime seats in the first few rows') and I can't wait for the concert. You'll probably delete this comment anyway so it doesn't matter but I had to speak my mind. There's better ways of dealing with people. Have a nice day.
shelly19

Post by shelly19 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:20 am

Thank you jarkko so much, I got my tickets this morning happy out. I have 2 tickets for the wed night if anyonebody needs them i got them but we cant do wednesday now. Soooooo glad to have my Friday tickets roll on September if its anything like Lisadell i think il have died a second time and gone to heaven. :D
sarahkelleher.74

Post by sarahkelleher.74 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:26 am

jarkko wrote:THE 3rd concert in Dublin will be on Friday, September 14.

Our presale to this concert is active now until Thursday 8 am local time.
The show goes on general sale at 9am Thursday April 19th.
(all times local)

The Presale link has been posted in "Presale links and passwords" .
I just wanted to thank you as I bought my tickets in the presale first thing this morning! I have been a huge fan for years and missed his last concerts in Ireland. This will be one of the biggest highlights of the year! Thank you for making it happen :-) !!!

Return to “Old Ideas World Tour 2012 / Europe”