HOP FARM (UK), 8 SEPT ON GENERAL SALE

Everything about the European leg of the World Tour!
Hand_Of_Omega_91

Re: HOP FARM (UK), 8 SEPT ON GENERAL SALE

Post by Hand_Of_Omega_91 »

Don't post here often however going to the Hop Farm. :D

Wasn't going to go at first as I''ve spent a lot on going to festivals in Europe over the summer and wasn't sure how well one of Leonard's concerts would work outside however one of my friends who missed Leonard last time around was desperate to go. This, and the fact that my father's house is only four miles away clinched the deal.

I wonder if there will be a support act or acts.
17/07/08 - The O2 Arena, London
13/11/08 - The O2 Arena, London
08/09/12 - Wembley Arena, London

Last concert: Wacken Open Air Festival, Germany
Next concert: Leonard Cohen, Wembley Arena, London
lightasabreeze

Post by lightasabreeze »

Cilbo wrote:A agree with those above who are thoroughly fed up with the current negative feel on the forum.
I commented somewhere else that there is not the usual excited buzz, as generally happens during tour announcements.
We are so lucky to have opportunities to see Leonard again - I don't know about everyone else, but for me work is tough, so it's great to have occasions such as 3 days in Ghent and two great concerts to look forward to.
Can we get back to feeling excited and privileged to see Leonard again?
Cilla.
Perhaps those who are feeling negative are some of us who cannot afford or circumstances prevent them, to follow Leonard around Europe. Therefore it
would be less negative for them if they knew they could see Leonard in their own country, especially as he ignored us on the last tour.
Don't you think that entitles us to feel negative???????
Enjoy your concerts.

Yes, I know now he is in Kent, but it is a field - I have been there before- and if it was anything like Wetbridge, best to skip that one unless you are fairly young,
able bodied, in good health and the means to get there. At least one indoor concert would be nice.
Somebody must have died for you
A Thousand Kisses Deep

London 02 x 3..... Radio city New York... Wet Weybridge..... Wembley Arena... Brighton..
cohenadmirer

Post by cohenadmirer »

lightasabreeze wrote:
Cilbo wrote:A agree with those above who are thoroughly fed up with the current negative feel on the forum.
I commented somewhere else that there is not the usual excited buzz, as generally happens during tour announcements.
We are so lucky to have opportunities to see Leonard again - I don't know about everyone else, but for me work is tough, so it's great to have occasions such as 3 days in Ghent and two great concerts to look forward to.
Can we get back to feeling excited and privileged to see Leonard again?
Cilla.
Perhaps those who are feeling negative are some of us who cannot afford or circumstances prevent them, to follow Leonard around Europe. Therefore it
would be less negative for them if they knew they could see Leonard in their own country, especially as he ignored us on the last tour.
Enjoy your concerts.

Yes, I know now he is in Kent, but it is a field - I have been there before- and if it was anything like Wetbridge, best to skip that one unless you are fairly young,
able bodied, in good health and the means to get there. At least one indoor concert would be nice.
I personally have negative feelings about the infrastructure deficiencies that i have read about in relation to hop farm , so i decided not to go !
i'm also a dylan fan and i won't be going to see him there even though that too is the only uk concert
i am glad that i have the ability to get to a couple of the concerts on mainland europe and feel very positive about the hints of a lot more to come in the uk in 2013 ( with background hopes that leonard and his team know his limits and win't overdue it )
By the way dylan fans get to read a lot of negative stuff about the man !
Either we decide to censor negativity or we let ourselves and our friends express it . i think the latter is healthier . We can choose what we want to read in detail !
Leonard's work resonates
Brighton 1979; Dublin , Manchester june 2008; glasgow, manchester Nov 2008; Liverpool july 2009 ; Barcelona Sept 2009 ;marseille, lille september2010: Ghent August 2012;Barcelona October 2012;Montreal x2 November 2012: 2013; Saint John NB April 2013; Brussels June 2013;Manchester August 2013; Leeds , Birmingham September 2013; Amsterdam September 2013
da2008

Post by da2008 »

All for constructive negativity, all against self-loving trolling. Two very different things.
Cilbo

Post by Cilbo »

I am really sorry – I didn’t mean to offend!

Yes – I am extremely lucky to be able to go to Ghent, and I am sorry to have offended those who are, for whatever reason, unable to travel abroad.

I know that people are very understandably concerned about issues such as prices of tickets, touts, only one concert in England, change of date for Verona etc etc, and this has affected the tone of the forum - which is sad, because it should be an exciting time. However, it was the comments above about what sort of person may or may not be going to the Hop Farm which I found less justifiable.

I in no way meant to suggest that people shouldn’t say what they feel and think! The diverse and strong personalities who contribute to this forum make it interesting and complex.

So, again, sorry!
London 2008, Brighton 2008, Liverpool 2009, Ghent 2010, Stuttgart 2010.
Ghent x 2 - 2012, London 2013, Brighton 2013....
Jim Williams

Post by Jim Williams »

£85??!! You have got to be kidding! I've seen LC three times, and it was worth every penny, but there's no way I'm forking out 85 quid. Daylight robbery.
The lion and the calf shall lie down together, but the calf won't get much sleep.
Liamberney

Post by Liamberney »

Cilbo

You have nothing to be sorry about, your views are fair and constructive. LC will be touring the UK (we know this) just a question of when. Some of the 'old lags' on the forum simply feel there is some kind of hierarchy. Enjoy Ghent. I'm off to Verona, and really looking foreward to it :D .
Vicomte

Post by Vicomte »

Liamberney wrote:Cilbo

You have nothing to be sorry about, your views are fair and constructive. LC will be touring the UK (we know this) just a question of when. Some of the 'old lags' on the forum simply feel there is some kind of hierarchy. Enjoy Ghent. I'm off to Verona, and really looking foreward to it :D .
Would you care to elucidate on that? I don't see any of that?

Also the accusation made by da2008 and his "all against self-loving trolling" which again is something else I don't recognise on here?
I guess it all started for me sometime around Christmas 1967 and now, goodness me, it's.........2018 and over fifty years later.
No one ever listens to me. I might as well be a Leonard Cohen record.
Neil from The Young Ones
stargazer61

Post by stargazer61 »

What on earth is going on on this forum? Accusations and grumbles are flying around!

Perhaps we should not forget that just 4 years ago none of us had any inkling that we would ever see LC in concert again! Since then we have had the most glorious gift of being able to see LC in dozens of countries and on most continents. He has undertaken, over the last few years, a gruelling concert schedule which many younger artists would find daunting.............and still he goes on!!!

Yes, I know that many of us cannot get to as many concerts as we would dearly wish to - age, finances, health, and distance are all factors - I certainly know they are factors for me. I said my 'goodbye' in Barcelona, never expecting that he would once again take to the road.

LC has given far more than we could have ever expected in his music, his writings and in his exceptional concerts.

He will, unless circumstances change, undoubtedly be coming to the mainland next year, so let us be patient and be grateful for the gift we have already received.

Sorry, don't mean to sound pompous but the concerts I have seen have given me some of the best memories of my life and I feel priviledged that I had the opportunity to be there.

As for The Hop farm.....it is only a few miles from my home and it is just LC, so am taking my chances. Not going to see Dylan tho' because it is part of a festival and am not doing festivals ever again!
1970 IOW
2008 Birmingham
2009 Liverpool. Weybridge. Paris. Barcelona
2012 Paris.The Hop Farm.
anneeshipley

Post by anneeshipley »

Please every person on this forum has a view and that view should be accepted as valid even if you disagree. I dont believe this makes them more or less appreciative of LC and his music and this is what I think has been forgotten.

Anne ;-)
Yorkshire Lad

Post by Yorkshire Lad »

lightasabreeze wrote:
Enjoy your concerts.

Spot on assessment of the situation lightsabreeze ! I am getting more frustrated by the day as I see all the new European concerts announced and as you say all we have is a field in September .It has occurred to me that the overriding thinking of The management team is maximum capacity minimum up front costs and to hell with the outcome musically just so long as we sell tickets ,lots of tickets
manchester, london,manchester , a mountain in Wales ,hills in Haiger
Be content with a mistake or two. Perfection holds no compromise. It's a prison for perfect people .Where the flag of insanity flies
SuffolkLass

Post by SuffolkLass »

I totally agree with everything stargazer 61 said above. Even though I would have preferred better seats and an indoor concert, I'm counting my blessings that I'm able to see LC in concert again. I just know it will be an unforgettable experience just as his other concerts I've attended have been.
lightasabreeze

Post by lightasabreeze »

Yorkshire Lad wrote:
lightasabreeze wrote:
Enjoy your concerts.

Spot on assessment of the situation lightsabreeze ! I am getting more frustrated by the day as I see all the new European concerts announced and as you say all we have is a field in September .It has occurred to me that the overriding thinking of The management team is maximum capacity minimum up front costs and to hell with the outcome musically just so long as we sell tickets ,lots of tickets
Yorkshire lad - I think you have 'got it in one' It has just come down to money as usual.
Somebody must have died for you
A Thousand Kisses Deep

London 02 x 3..... Radio city New York... Wet Weybridge..... Wembley Arena... Brighton..
loulou

Post by loulou »

for John
just saw this about Judy Collins and thought of you (you probably know already, but just on the off-chance)
http://leicestersquaretheatre.ticketsol ... a5e52fa181
desire the horse
depression the cart
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

Hop Farm seems cheaper than many European shows... I used to pay 200 Euros for first rows in Italy in 2008 and 2009.....

Return to “Old Ideas World Tour 2012 / Europe”