HOP FARM (UK), 8 SEPT ON GENERAL SALE

Everything about the European leg of the World Tour!
Deena

Re: HOP FARM (UK), 8 SEPT ON PRESALE NOW

Post by Deena »

Bean, according to the seating plan info, there are 28 seats in the central block (A4) numbered 81 to 108, so seat 88 would be eight in from either side. So, not dead centre, but more of a 'golden mean' type arrangement.
Deen ;-)
dharma

Post by dharma »

Bean, by my reckoning this is where you'll be sitting, but hopefully there won't be a big red arrow pointing at you. ;-)

I'm next to you in seat 87. Tis good to see so many tickets sold already. :D

London 1985 / London 1988 / London 1992 / Dublin, Manchester, London, Paris, 2008 / Weybridge, Venice 2009
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

Email from AEG this afternoon still informs us that the Hop Farm concert has not been confirmed to be announced and to be put on sale.
Those who are buying tickets please hold flight and hotel reservations until we have got the missing info.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
ja123

Post by ja123 »

Ticketmaster, are now saying they are selling tickets 2pm today. How odd that there is no official announcement!! xx
tomsakic

Re: HOP FARM (UK), 8 SEPT ON GENERAL SALE

Post by tomsakic »

http://www.facebook.com/ADayAtTheHopFarm wrote in its status that tickets are now on GENERAL SALE at EventimUK's website.
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

For those who have tickets in blocks other than A4 (central block), here is the seating plan being used by HMV, which sells tickets through the main agent, Eventim.
Hop Farm seating plan.jpg
I'm not sure what's going on with Ticketmaster. They offered me a seat in row R of "Block A" - whatever that is meant to be. Ticketmaster don't offer a seating plan.

AEG will make a lot of people very unhappy if they don't confirm the concert.

Wendy
loulou

Post by loulou »

i suspect that the promoter, in thsi case Vince Power has instructed the ticket agencies, eventim, ticketmaster etc
so that all makes sense
does Mr Powers have an inked contract from AEG/legal team behind Cohen Mgt ?
if he does not, then he is taking a risk
but as they are many parties and contracts involved, it is conceivable that one element is not secured in chain

i also just saw this :

Ticket sales for Leonard Cohen’s one-off show at the Hop Farm in September look almost certain too see a second date added. A Day at the Hop Farm is scheduled for Saturday, September 8 went on sale this morning. A second date will be added on the Sunday. The all-seater show will play to 10,000 each night, with the audience promised a three-hour long setlist.

from here : http://www.kentnews.co.uk/news/exclusiv ... _1_1348391

i can imagine though with Vince Powers gig selling 10,000 at about £100 a pop, and adding another one - he is a strong position with AEG, in case they had not agreed yet

just musing of course
desire the horse
depression the cart
loulou

Post by loulou »

p.s. i meet Vince Powers many decades ago, he is a bit of a marverick, risk taker and ambitious business man too

i see now that he is planning to take Hop Farm to stock market, so it a possibitly that he 'has not yet got Cohen' but racing ahead to make it done deal and front it out

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2011 ... -flotation

again, just musing ....
desire the horse
depression the cart
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

And according to their Facebook page, the whole Hop Farm concert is SEATED.

Apparently they're trying something new and big here with that project, and I'm glad that Leonard is in front of that happening, trying the new ways and not succumbing to festival slots and sport arenas.
quix

Post by quix »

Ah, my first post!

Hmm, it would be interesting if a 2nd UK date was added, given the show is being billed as the only UK show of the year! Basically everyone and anyone would be entitled to refunds on the 1st if they do add a second. All kinds of laws about false inducement and false advertising.

http://adayatthehopfarm.com/

Any (wild) guesses on who might make up the 'full support bill'? (speculation acceptable)

Also, did anyone else receive an email saying that Eventim tickets have been posted already? Seems like the organisers are confident of the go ahead. Maybe a bargaining ploy?
Glastonbury 2008
dharma

Post by dharma »

loulou wrote:i also just saw this :

Ticket sales for Leonard Cohen’s one-off show at the Hop Farm in September look almost certain too see a second date added. A Day at the Hop Farm is scheduled for Saturday, September 8 went on sale this morning. A second date will be added on the Sunday. The all-seater show will play to 10,000 each night, with the audience promised a three-hour long setlist.

from here : http://www.kentnews.co.uk/news/exclusiv ... _1_1348391
I just read that link and noticed that Bruce Forsyth will be one of the support acts for Bob Dylan on June 30! :shock:
London 1985 / London 1988 / London 1992 / Dublin, Manchester, London, Paris, 2008 / Weybridge, Venice 2009
spottsue

Post by spottsue »

dharma wrote:
loulou wrote:i also just saw this :

]
I just read that link and noticed that Bruce Forsyth will be one of the support acts for Bob Dylan on June 30! :shock:
_1_1348391[/quote]

what a nightmare that would/will be..!!!.Does BF in any way complement BD??..?
No support for Lenny please if these sort of decisions are being made!

******* apologies to dharma and loulou - I think I've messed up with the quotes ********
Last edited by spottsue on Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

The concert is now, finally, confirmed by AEG
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
loulou

Post by loulou »

'what a nightmare that would/will be..!!!.Does BF in any way complement BD??..? '

well i think you are comparing apples and potatoes here
while it is held in the same place

Dylan headlines the festival, with lots of different bands like the sublime Patti Smith and Peter Gabriel, and lots of different stages
so if you don't like Brucie, you just go to another stage or eat or sunbathe

the one day set up with Leonard looks like its concept is like a traditional concert with support

so i wouldn't worry ....
Last edited by loulou on Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
desire the horse
depression the cart
loulou

Post by loulou »

ah, thanks Jarkko, what a cliff hanger, that one .....
did you also hear about a Sunday one being added ?

***no. / Jarkko***
desire the horse
depression the cart

Return to “Old Ideas World Tour 2012 / Europe”