HOP FARM (UK), 8 SEPT ON GENERAL SALE

Everything about the European leg of the World Tour!
Neville 45

Re: HOP FARM (UK), 8 SEPT ON PRESALE NOW

Post by Neville 45 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:01 pm

Once again, fans are being ripped off with excessive extra charges! An extra £2.00 charge to print your own tickets! On top of the other usual charges.
Getting to be a case of taking yourself only to gigs these days? Any tour promotors know there is a recession on??
Love is the Law
loulou

Post by loulou » Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:26 pm

thanks Wendy, and i wish you well with your purchase

i don't know enough of the inner workings between AEG & local promoter & ticket agent, which where i sense the possible issue, if it were another Berlin 2008 scenario, might lie.
i.e. AEG have the ultimate power, promoter might have announced in what they considered to be 'good faith' and instructed ticket agent, possibly without confirmation from AEG

my glass is a little half empty on this at the moment

and to be honest, i have been blessed & touched & my soul has been nourished with the concerts i have seen in recent years, Manchester Opera House, Royal Albert Hall (i sat out the O2 as wasn't my kinda thing and had fingers & toes crossed and RAH came through !) and Berlin Waldbuhne when it actually happened (were a good friend just bought me ticket as a present and told me to get my backside over there, hehe)

so i am still fulfilled, and if that was my lot for concerts, i'll die a happy woman anyway - so on this one, i'll hang back for now

good luck to you all, and if you want to take the risk, then it is fine, just do it with your eyes open x
desire the horse
depression the cart
John Etherington

Re: Uk Venue

Post by John Etherington » Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:31 pm

Anyone else just happen to become a fan. today?
John Etherington

Post by John Etherington » Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:36 pm

Glad to here those who are going got good seats (this one was always out for me, because I have another commitment then). Those who are a few rows back may find they've got the better deal. I hear the stage has been high in the past, and you don't get pushy cameramen going past!
ja123

Post by ja123 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:41 pm

Thank you so much, got tickets for row c, so I am now very very happy :D .xx
ja123

Post by ja123 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:46 pm

No John I have been a fan for ages, but only joined the forum and made it official yesterday. Please be happy for me I am so excited.xx
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:21 pm

John Etherington wrote:Glad to here those who are going got good seats (this one was always out for me, because I have another commitment then). Those who are a few rows back may find they've got the better deal. I hear the stage has been high in the past, and you don't get pushy cameramen going past!
You must get this week's award for negativity John! Yes,the stage will be high but the seats will be set well back too. Photographers are only allowed in front of the stage for the first song at Leonard's concerts so they are never a problem in practice. Everyone will rush to stand in front of the stage for the encores but the beauty of being in the front row is you can get there quicker than everyone else.

Wendy
victoriaplum

Re: HOP FARM (UK), 8 SEPT ON SALE NOW

Post by victoriaplum » Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:25 pm

loulou wrote:all a bit deja vu for me

eventim also announced a Berlin concert at the Waldbuehne, send me the ticket (charged me 60 Euro on top of ticket price for courier, only option) and then it turns out it WAS NOT OFFICIAL. had ticket and all second row, flight booked. eventually, after long time got ticket price back but but not the 60 euro they charged me for sending me ticket they were not authorised to sell me. flight money not refundable either. lost a bucket of money and don't trust eventim at all.

so, i won't be dashing to buy, seeing waht Jarkko said on page 2 (i haven't rad all the rest yet) - just to share this story, as it is still possible - as happened before, ticket in hand and all, that it is not approved.

i had also wondered, selling thousands of tickets at say £100 a pop, is a lot of money to hang on to, even if you eventually, after weeks or months (as before with same tivket seller eventim) pay back the ticket fee - just a cynical thought people
Gosh, how worrying! Hope people get the tickets they think they have got!
Dance me to the end of love
------------------------------------
'Live in London' 2008; Ghent 2012; London 2013.
loulou

Post by loulou » Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:37 pm

to be fair, that was 2008 and now we have 2012
and on reflection, a number of things are different, i.e. i see someone mentioned a small fee to print own tickets
so noone would need to lose that massive ticket courier charge that i lost
and as long as you don't fork out for air or train tickets before you hear AEG confirmation
you should be alright and not really out of pocket , even if it ends up no being on and you will eventually get refunded

anyway, don't mean to be a party pooper, just had that deja vu !
peace & love, loulou
desire the horse
depression the cart
Deena

Post by Deena » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:26 pm

As ever, I'm late for everything...getting to grips with the internet, discovering this forum, arriving home from holiday this week, finding out about Hop Farm, late up this morning...but I'm very happy with A4 row K and just to be there! Rain or shine! (Incidentally, I wasn't late discovering Leonard - that was age 14 a very long time ago).

I didn't realise it was £2 to print your own tickets though - that bit escaped me, in my frantic attempt to get tickets.

Anyway, I think it's going to be wonderful and we're very fortunate... blessed. See you there!

Deena
dharma

Post by dharma » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:29 pm

I just got this email from ents24.com:

Tickets go on sale to the general public Friday 13th April at 2pm, but as a fan, you can get your tickets from 7am tomorrow (13/4), 7 hours early!

Or 22 hours late for users of this thread!

Quite funny really - how many presales are there? :D
London 1985 / London 1988 / London 1992 / Dublin, Manchester, London, Paris, 2008 / Weybridge, Venice 2009
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:09 pm

All the ticket agencies get their own allocation of seats to sell and it seems that this time round they are all deciding when they can sell them as well!

Wendy
ciaran

Post by ciaran » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:15 pm

...and I see Viagogo already has 63 tickets (excluding those in hotel packages) in block A4 Category 1 for sale at prices up to £378 each + booking fees, delivery, etc....

Sigh

Ciará
bean

Post by bean » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:25 pm

dharma wrote:I just got this email from ents24.com:

Tickets go on sale to the general public Friday 13th April at 2pm, but as a fan, you can get your tickets from 7am tomorrow (13/4), 7 hours early!

Or 22 hours late for users of this thread!

Quite funny really - how many presales are there? :D

I got that same e-mail and smiled :)
stargazer61

Post by stargazer61 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:33 pm

ciaran wrote:...and I see Viagogo already has 63 tickets (excluding those in hotel packages) in block A4 Category 1 for sale at prices up to £378 each + booking fees, delivery, etc....

Sigh

Ciará

It is just horrendous :cry:
1970 IOW
2008 Birmingham
2009 Liverpool. Weybridge. Paris. Barcelona
2012 Paris.The Hop Farm.

Return to “Old Ideas World Tour 2012 / Europe”