Australia for Old Ideas?

Everything about the European leg of the World Tour!
grremily

Australia for Old Ideas?

Post by grremily »

Is there any news of LC returning to Aus for this tour?
I would _love_ to see him return to outdoor (vinyards etc) venues rather than the huge Arena type places.
I don't suppose it's practical.. but I dream of being able to see him at a small intimate venue like The Vanguard http://www.thevanguard.com.au/.
Daydreams aside, come to Aus! Pretty please!
B4real

Re: Australia for Old Ideas?

Post by B4real »

Hi grremily,
grremily wrote:Is there any news of LC returning to Aus for this tour?
Firstly welcome to the forum and secondly I will just say "be patient and time will reveal all". ;-)

See here:
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=31722&p=301730#p301715
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=31722&p=301730#p301730
It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to B4real ~ me
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
martysue7

WORLD TOUR 2012

Post by martysue7 »

will leonard be coming to australia again, PLEASE !!!
B4real

Re: WORLD TOUR 2012

Post by B4real »

Hi martysue7,

Welcome to the forum and read this thread please
....and follow the links contained within.
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
Shockvalue

Post by Shockvalue »

I'd say January , Feb 2013 he'll be here! Nice to escape the Northern Hemisphere winter.
B4real

Post by B4real »

You could be right but that is the hottest time of the year here :razz: He'll definitely be rolling up his sleeves especially at the outdoor concerts!

Swan Valley WA Feb 2009

Hunter Valley NSW Jan 2009

Hunter Valley NSW Jan 2009

They just wouldn't organize an outdoor concert in Queensland at that time of the year with outdoor temperatures of 35 - 40 degrees Celsius - the waistcoat would definitely have to go :razz:
musicmania

Post by musicmania »

Great photos Bev. It is "summer" in Ireland now and we have had thunder storms today. At one stage my internet went for a couple of minutes about an hour before the Montreal presale and I nearly had heart failure :!:
2009 Dublin 2010 Lissadell Katowice LV x2 2012 Ghent x2 Dublin x4 Montreal x2 Toronto x2 2013 New York x2 Brussels Dublin x2

Gwen's Leonard Cohen Journey: http://myleonardcohenjourney.wordpress.com/

"I did my best, it wasn't much"
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

B4real wrote:You could be right but that is the hottest time of the year here :razz: He'll definitely be rolling up his sleeves especially at the outdoor concerts!

They just wouldn't organize an outdoor concert in Queensland at that time of the year with outdoor temperatures of 35 - 40 degrees Celsius - the waistcoat would definitely have to go :razz:
Not completely correct, Bev.
At the Leconfield concert just outside Adelaide 26th January 2009, it was 42 degrees C and didn't cool down a lot after sundown.
Waistcoat on, sleeves rolled.
Waistcoat on, sleeves rolled.
No waistcoat for Bob - he looks a little warm.
No waistcoat for Bob - he looks a little warm.
After sunset LC has jacket, but no waistcoat.
After sunset LC has jacket, but no waistcoat.
Too much Leonard Cohen is never enough.
London 1972, Adelaide 1980, 1985, 2009
Sydney 2010; Adelaide 2010
Sydney 2013 X2; Melbourne 2013; Adelaide 2013
B4real

Post by B4real »

Hi Alan,

I remember that now :razz: I was thinking at the time that he won't come back here in summer because of the weather! Bob's face is more than a little pink!
It can get very hot down there as well but it is a dry heat with not much humidity - that really kills you! He just wouldn't do an outside concert up here in the middle of summer!

But remember this from Hanging Rock Nov 2011 - summer with sunscreen in the day and scarves at night!

btw....I seem to be talking a lot about the weather today - summer and winter (Montreal's).

Anyway, I know you are like me - waiting patiently.......did I say waiting patiently..... :)

musicmania wrote: At one stage my internet went for a couple of minutes about an hour before the Montreal presale and I nearly had heart failure
That is absolutely scary Gwen, when that happens. But in your case - all's well that ends well :D

Return to “Old Ideas World Tour 2012 / Europe”