DUBLIN 2012

Everything about the European leg of the World Tour!
real-alan

Re: DUBLIN 2012

Post by real-alan »

On later with Jools this week...
Joining Jools is Plan B, who returns to the studio to showcase tunes from his Ill Manors album and his directorial debut film.

Making their TV debut on this show are eclectic London based four-piece Django Django, with numbers from their acclaimed self-titled debut. Also new to the studio is Ren Harvieu, who has been described as Salford's answer to Patsy Cline. Melody Gardot returns to the show with titles from her brand new The Absence album.

Taking a break from his current role as coach on The Voice, Tom Jones is back on the day job with tunes from his new album Spirit in the Room, which sees him perform songs by Leonard Cohen, Tom Waits and Odetta. US Progressive bluegrass types Punch Brothers are also on hand with a track from their new Who's Feeling Young Now album.
you may be right, I may be crazy.... but it just may be a lunatic you're looking for...

blah, blah, blah, blah, blah..... plenty
real-alan

Post by real-alan »

Last night in Letterkenny, the inestimable Jack L.... with his version of Dance Me to The End of Love....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIiB7cDiQvU
you may be right, I may be crazy.... but it just may be a lunatic you're looking for...

burningviolin

Post by burningviolin »

2009 Liverpool 14/07/09, Dublin 20/07/09, Belfast 26/07/09, Lisbon 30/7/09, Barcelona 21/09/09.
2010 Sligo (x2), Lille 25/09/10 Las Vegas 11/12/2010
2012 Wembley 8/9/12, RHK 11/9/12
O2 London 2013 O2 Dublin 2013
"I've been where you're hanging, I think I can see how you're pinned."
real-alan

Post by real-alan »

by jarkko » Mon May 14, 2012 6:45 pm

We will announce one new concert in Europe tomorrow morning, with presale on Wednesday. Stay tuned.
Maybe that elusive fourth night....? 8)

real-alan

Post by real-alan »

real-alan wrote:
by jarkko » Mon May 14, 2012 6:45 pm

We will announce one new concert in Europe tomorrow morning, with presale on Wednesday. Stay tuned.
Maybe that elusive fourth night....? 8)
Finally! :D

real-alan

Post by real-alan »

Tickets arrived today..... :D

evie

Post by evie »

My tickets for Dublin arrived too, yay! Eve
I heard of a man who says words so beautifully that if he only speaks their name women give themselves to him.

Manchester 1972; London O2 2008; Bournemouth 2008; Manchester 2008; Dublin 2012; Bournemouth 2013; Brighton 2013
real-alan

Post by real-alan »

No Lissadell. :( :(
Plans for a Leonard Cohen extravaganza at Lissadell House this year have been scuppered over a row about rights of way through the estate, according to an international promoter.

The Sligo landmark was the singer's favourite venue and work was under way for a series of shows which would also celebrate Irish culture, said Rob Hallett, the impresario who coaxed Cohen out of retirement.

"We were planning a couple of nights there with Leonard," he said.

"I was working on a series because we think Lissadell is a magical place. It was going to include Leonard and other artists as well; a blend of music, poetry, culture and food. So you could go to Lissadell, get a Yeats experience, get a Cohen experience and have famous actors and writers reciting great Irish works."

Hallett, president of international touring at AEG Live, said he had spoken about his plans with Lissadell owners Eddie Walsh and Constance Cassidy but was told it was a non-runner amid their dispute with Sligo County Council.

Last year the couple were expected to challenge a High Court ruling confirming rights of way through the estate, the former home of Countess Constance Markievicz, which has strong links with WB Yeats.

Cohen, a fan of Yeats, opened a museum to the poet at the house during his gigs there two years ago but that has since been closed to the public, along with the house and gardens.

Hallett said the concerts would have been planned for the August bank holiday this year and could have pumped as much as €10m into the local economy.

"It was going to be a whole cultural celebration," he said.

greeny

Post by greeny »

Hello Dublin.... I'm new on here, and looking forward to meeting you all in Dublin... my first visit :D
evie

Post by evie »

Hi Greeny,

Although I'm not new on this site it will be my first visit to Dublin too.....can't wait, Eve
I heard of a man who says words so beautifully that if he only speaks their name women give themselves to him.

Manchester 1972; London O2 2008; Bournemouth 2008; Manchester 2008; Dublin 2012; Bournemouth 2013; Brighton 2013
TipperaryAnn

Post by TipperaryAnn »

greeny wrote:Hello Dublin.... I'm new on here, and looking forward to meeting you all in Dublin... my first visit :D
Welcome greeny, it's good to hear new voices and new visitors to Dublin. ( Greetings also to Evie) You'll have a GREAT time - apart from the concert, (which will of course be great!) you'll be near the Zoo in the lovely Phoenix Park, in which the President also lives in Aras an Uachtarain, and the Guinness hop store - and - and - anything else you want to see in Dublin will be no problem! In other words,as I said, you'll have a great time ! :D
Forget your perfect offering -
There is a crack in everything...
real-alan

Post by real-alan »

TipperaryAnn wrote:
greeny wrote:Hello Dublin.... I'm new on here, and looking forward to meeting you all in Dublin... my first visit :D
Welcome greeny, it's good to hear new voices and new visitors to Dublin. ( Greetings also to Evie) You'll have a GREAT time - apart from the concert, (which will of course be great!) you'll be near the Zoo in the lovely Phoenix Park, in which the President also lives in Aras an Uachtarain, and the Guinness hop store - and - and - anything else you want to see in Dublin will be no problem! In other words,as I said, you'll have a great time ! :D
Hi Ann... good to see you back here... you've been away for a while.... :shock: hope it wasn't anything I said... :oops:

TipperaryAnn

Post by TipperaryAnn »

real-alan wrote: hope it wasn't anything I said... :oops:
Of course not ! Sure you're a model of discretion... :roll:

No, this lovely summery weather is too good (and too infrequent ) to waste tied to a computer. Anyway, I'm trying to kick the habit, so I'm off now to enjoy the Referendum tomorrow and an extra- long long weekend ! :D
Forget your perfect offering -
There is a crack in everything...
evie

Post by evie »

Thanks Ann for the tips on what to do, sooo looking forward. Enjoy your long weekend, Eve

greeny

Post by greeny »

evie wrote:Thanks Ann for the tips on what to do, sooo looking forward. Enjoy your long weekend, Eve
yes, thank you Tipperary Ann.... Dublin sounds wonderful... I am sure I will enjoy my first visit..... :D

Return to “Old Ideas World Tour 2012 / Europe”