5th CONCERT IN GHENT ON SALE

Everything about the European leg of the World Tour!
Caren

Re: 5th CONCERT IN GHENT ON SALE

Post by Caren »

SeventhSon wrote:For all those who have been to this location on the last tour:

Is there a huge difference between the seat categories? I'm thinking of buying a ticket for the fifth Show, and since I already am in front for the first show, I thought that it might be nice to see the show from further back.

So, does anyone of you have been there in the back and can tell me how theses places are? :)
Last time Leonard played in Ghent we had tickets for different categories for all three performances. Of course, front row was best. The seats on the stands/balconies were quite nice too because they provided a good overall view and good accoustics but I would try to avoid sitting at the back rows on the floor as many people talked through the performance which was quite annoying.
1990s Berlin 2008:Amsterdam-Berlin-Hamburg-London RAH 2009:Berlin-Barcelona 2010:Odense-Berlin-Gent x3 -Wiesbaden-Marseille-Hannover-Las Vegas x2 2012:Gent x5 -Amsterdam x2 -Berlin-London-Verona-Toulon-Paris x2 -Barcelona 2013:Paris-Antwerp-Mannheim-Brussels-Rome-Lucca-Berlin-Lodz-Prague-Vienna-Pula-Odense-Zurich-Manchester-Leeds-London-Rotterdam
SeventhSon

Post by SeventhSon »

Thanks for your reponse. Right now, there are Golden Circle Tickets on sale again. So I think i will get these. I know what you're talking about. I have seen Leonard only once, in Strasbourg. And there was a woman sitting next to me who was all the time on her iphone playing a game and talking to her friend. I asked her to stop, but she wouldn't. It made me so angry. :?
After Hallelujah was over, she went and did not come back. Stupid person...

However, as many others do too, I think that if you pay so high tickets prices, you should be allowed to choose your own seat. I don't like this automatic seating machine...
gui01

Post by gui01 »

I have received my tickets for August 12 this morning..... and this time I will sit on the first row :D :D ! Wow, what a big surprise ! Thanks again to all who made the presale possible.

Gui
hansr

Post by hansr »

Sherpa has tickets available now for Tuesday 14 aug. Even Golden Circle Row 3!!

Hans
2008 Rotterdam
2009 Antwerp, Colmar, Barcelona
2010 Malmo, Ghent (3x), Strassbourg, Lille
2012 Ghent (2x), Amsterdam (2x), London, Dublin, Paris, Lisbon
2013 Antwerp, Brussels, Lucca, Vienna, Oslo, Manchester, London, Rotterdam, Amsterdam
Winterblossom

Post by Winterblossom »

!!!!!!!!

Hi all,

New tickets on sale at this very moment on sherpa.be for all nights, even row 4 on the opening night!! I bought two again, because they gave me row 13 at first in the presale,even if I bought them here via the forum in the first 5 minutes!! HAPPY NOW!! :-)
I came so far for beauty, I left so much behind...
1985 Brussels-1988 Antwerp-2008 Bruges and Brussels-2009 Antwerp-2010 Ghent (2x)-2012 Ghent (2x)-2013 Antwerp
Hartmut

Post by Hartmut »

Winterblossom wrote: New tickets on sale at this very moment on sherpa.be for all nights, even row 4 on the opening night!!
Thanks, Winterblossom.
Winterblossom

Post by Winterblossom »

And again: At this very moment tickets on sale for August 15 , GOLDEN CIRCLE ROW 3 !!!! Grab them if you need good tickets!
http://www.sherpa.be and search for Leonard Cohen. I clicked on them but won't buy so if they don't show yet, wait 10 or 15 minutes because the system holds them for me that long..
I came so far for beauty, I left so much behind...
1985 Brussels-1988 Antwerp-2008 Bruges and Brussels-2009 Antwerp-2010 Ghent (2x)-2012 Ghent (2x)-2013 Antwerp
bekaert

Post by bekaert »

I just checked the sherpa.be website and there are golden circle tickets available for EACH OF THE 5 NIGHTS !!!!!! :lol: :roll: :roll:

And all the cheaper classes as well.

My feeling is that http://www.leonardcohenfiles.com/tour2012-index.html and http://www.leonardcoheningent.be/ should update their websites, because the Sold Out information is misleading. :(

Regards

Piet
SeventhSon

Post by SeventhSon »

It seems that it is no longer possible to pay via banktransfer. At the same time, all credit cards are being refused. Sherpa really is the worst ticket site I ever dealt with. Just wanted to buy a ticket for the second night and I can not pay it, because they don't allow me to. What the...
holydove

Post by holydove »

SeventhSon wrote:It seems that it is no longer possible to pay via banktransfer. At the same time, all credit cards are being refused. Sherpa really is the worst ticket site I ever dealt with. Just wanted to buy a ticket for the second night and I can not pay it, because they don't allow me to. What the...
You can say that again, SeventhSon. I had endless problems with sherpa (I won't repeat all the gruesome details here), that went on for over a month, & only ended because a very kind friend living in Belguim was willing to help me out. They don't know how to do international transactions properly & their customer service is awful. For instance, I sent them documents through email, which they had requested, & after getting no response, I sent the same documents ELEVEN times, & still noone responded until after I made a fourth phone call to try to resolve the issues. And the "issues" stemmed from the fact that sherpa did not know in advance that ING Belguim would deduct receiver fees from the bank transfer which I sent (which I had to send because they would not accept any of my credit cards). Of course, they were never honest enough to explain that reason, but I figured it out, because there is no other possible reason that I would "owe" them 9.68 euros, out of nowhere! They wanted me to do yet another bank transfer, just to pay them the receiver fee of 9.68 euros (on this end,there is a fee of $35.00 for every bank transfer, & the first one I did took hours at the bank to get done). But there were so many problems, one after another. . .And why, over a month after the presale, are there now seats available in the first few rows, for every night, that were not available when I got up at 2:45 a.m. to buy tickets. My seats are in the 17th & 14th rows, & from my point of view, the presale was completely useless. I cannot buy new tickets, because even if they were still taking bank transfers, there were so many problems involved in dealing with them, that there is no way I can go through that again.

I don't know who makes the decisions as to what ticket sellers will be used (maybe AEG?), but whoever makes that decision, someone should tell them to NEVER use sherpa again. They don't treat people properly, they give contradictory information, they force customers to pay for their mistakes/ignorance, they don't respond to emails even if they have requested the emails,they are dishonest, they don't accept credit cards from other countries & don't know how to do bank transactions properly, & most importantly: THEY DO NOT HAVE THE CAPABILITY TO DO INTERNATIONAL TRANSACTIONS & THEREFORE SHOULD NOT BE SELLING TICKETS TO EVENTS WHICH ATTRACT PEOPLE FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD.

I apologize for all the ranting, but really, I have never seen such incompetence before, & my husband, who dwells in the world of international business, has also been horrified by sherpa's unbelievable incompetence.
SeventhSon

Post by SeventhSon »

What you are telling here sounds even worse. At least my bank transfer worked, although I had to wait some time for a confirmation.
But you are absolutely right holydove: if they sell tickets for concerts where people from all over the world are likely to come, they should at least accept all foreign credit cards. I've never seen a ticket site that only accepts local credit cards...

I just contacted sherpa about this credit card problem and the fact that they no longer offer the bank transfer option. This is what they replied (I must admit that I was surprised that they replied so quickly):

"Dear client,

In order to protect u from fraud, the Sherpa website is protected and therefore blocks all risky transactions.
The ticket purchase via the phone is authorized.

Feel free to call us at 0032 70 25 20 20

Kind regards,
Laurent"

I bet that this hotline is really expensive or that the number doesn't even work from where I'm calling...

I also don't understand how it can be, that there are tickets on sale again for all nights. It seems as if the presale clients have got the worst seats (I got row 22 in golden circle and bought them right at the opening of the presale). For such high ticket prices, they should at least allow people to choose their own seats!
holydove

Post by holydove »

SeventhSon wrote:
In order to protect u from fraud, the Sherpa website is protected and therefore blocks all risky transactions.
The ticket purchase via the phone is authorized.

Feel free to call us at 0032 70 25 20 20

Kind regards,
Laurent"
SeventhSon, I spoke with Laurent in one of my phone calls to sherpa, & he told me that I could pay the 9.68 euros over the phone (which I agreed to pay even though that amount was added on by sherpa, after I payed the full amount for the tickets, plus a wire transfer fee); & Laurent said " we have no restrictions on credit card payment by phone", & when he tried, several times, to put my credit card number through, it did not work! Sometime later, another person at sherpa thought he could get their system to accept my credit card number, so I sent the card number in an email, & again - it did not work, because their "system" would not accept it.

The above phone number, which you wrote in your post, is the number I called, & I made sure to call during the Belgian work hours, & sometimes they answer & sometimes they don't (none of the other numbers mentioned in their website ever worked at all - at least that one worked sometimes). Maybe something has changed at this point, & they will accept your credit card. Good luck!
Franks

Post by Franks »

There are still tickets available.
I bought 2 tickets for row 9 about 3 hours ago. :D
I am happy but I really don't understand how Sherpa works.
Frank.
Chubi

Post by Chubi »

I also have problems with Sherpa. Not with the payment, because I can easily make a SEPA transfer, but to this day, I still haven't received my tickets (for August 17th).
These were, according to the website, sent "securely" on April 17th . They hadn't arrived until May 2nd so I called Sherpa and was told I would be informed by email the next day. Since no email arrived, I called again on May 4th, and was told that tickets were sent by registered mail on May 3rd. They are still not here. I have just called, and was told that they had been back at Sherpa on May 10th*. No explanation as to why, none wanting to give me the registration number with which I could contact the post office, but I have been told - only because I called, there is nothing new under my account since April 17th - that I will have to pick up my tickets directly at the venue. I am not happy about this as I paid for the tickets to be sent securely , and my address is 100% correct. (Oh, and of course, I see now that some tickets for better seats are sold now in my category. Next time I will wait muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch longer before ordering.)

The question: Am I the only one in this case? Any idea as to what else to try with this stubborn company?

Véronique

*In Germany, registered mail that can't be distributed immediately is kept for 7 days by the post office. Strange.
Franks

Post by Franks »

Chubi wrote:The question: Am I the only one in this case? Any idea as to what else to try with this stubborn company?
I received the tickets I ordered on 09-05 today 16-05 by secured delivery. So one week after order date.
I am from the The Netherlands but mail from Belgium to Germany should work just as well as from Belgium to The Netherlands.
I payed online with my MasterCard when I ordered from the Sherpa website.
So for me no problems with Sherpa.
Frank.

Return to “Old Ideas World Tour 2012 / Europe”