Israel not included.

Everything about the European leg of the World Tour!
seadove

Israel not included.

Post by seadove »

It saddens me to observe that Israel is not included in Cohen's list of concerts.

It saddens me even more that there is actually a potential demand of over 100,000 (one hundred thousand) fans here that would want to see his show.

:-(
Inna

Re: Israel not included.

Post by Inna »

hey, maybe Israel is in plans for later, say 2013 or something. I sure hope so, keeping my fingers crossed.
"climb on your tears and be silent, like the rose on its ladder of thorn."
Paris 07/07/09, Tel-Aviv 24/09/09, Salzburg 27/07/10
seadove

Post by seadove »

I sincerely hope so, but hoping that next time he comes he will not be bullied by forcing him to create fund trusts and the money would simply disappear into private pockets. I hope that if he comes next time he will keep the income for himself and his band.

There is enough work potential here for him to give at least 3 concerts in the Ramat Gan Football Stadium. And I will be there for one concert, that's for sure.
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

Well, there are many countries and it's all to logistics and sales. I.e. Poland is great Cohen market but all shows went poor in 2008-10. On the other hand, Croatia is small market but it is the only country I guess were Old Ideas are still in Top 5 (with Iceland), and the Zagreb show in July 2010, in the midst of Summer vacations, sold out (12,000 seats in Arena Zagreb) and was heralded as "the concert of decade" in Croatia. And still, we have to travel to Verona this year.
Inna

Post by Inna »

If he is to perform in Turkey, it would be such a shame...
"climb on your tears and be silent, like the rose on its ladder of thorn."
Paris 07/07/09, Tel-Aviv 24/09/09, Salzburg 27/07/10
NEW_IDEAS

Post by NEW_IDEAS »

It´s European tour isn´t it? (but after that, who knows... Brazil....)
L.C. - Helsingborg, Gothenburg, Copenhagen 2008. Malmö 2010. Copenhagen, Gothenburg 2012. ????????? 2026 :=)
seadove

Post by seadove »

Inna wrote:If he is to perform in Turkey, it would be such a shame...
I understand you, but I don't think others here do. The politics is too local, I'm afraid.
oak

Post by oak »

very well, but i'd like to ask why.
sharon.e

Post by sharon.e »

oak wrote:
very well, but i'd like to ask why.
Hi Oak,
I believe Inna meant (or at least I'd mean it had I written it this way) that Turkey is so close to Israel it would be a shame if he's that near and not perform in Israel.

Logistics wise it isn't trivial, all the gear needs to be flown in (while in Europe it's many times driven from one place to another) with additional sound gear, to meet the super high sound criteria UHTC is keeping. They pretty much re-engineered Ramat-Gan Stadium in 2009..
Then politics...

And I do agree with Seadove. With 2009 TLV concert selling out some 50,000 seats in 17 hours, there were thousands of people left very disappointed and desperately trying to get hold of a ticket. I am sure demand will be just as high if we are lucky to have a concert again.

Leonard expressed his wish to return here in numerous interviews and to people I have spoken with.
I truly hope his wish and ours will come true. 2009 concert was a transcendent experience.
If not, guess I'll just have to trust Rob Hallett's words that "this is going to be a very long tour" and hope a future leg would include the land of holy.

--Sharon
2009 Tel Aviv; San Jose
2010 Sligo [x2] ; Las Vegas [x2]
2012 Berlin; Paris; New York, Brooklyn
2013 London (Sept); Amsterdam

Return to “Old Ideas World Tour 2012 / Europe”