Setlist predictions

Everything about the European leg of the World Tour!
clive cass

Re: Setlist predictions

Post by clive cass »

Lisa, Yes I had thought it might be a bit tranquil and bias towards the first half of his output and I agree it needs jazzing up but LC does have an innate ability to jazz up even the most tranquil songs if he wants to. Both I am your Man and The Future were well represented on last tour so how about First we take Manhattan and/or Dance me to the end of Love from the former and Democracy and/or The Future from the latter as well as the beautiful Tacoma Trailer to quieten down the crowd before the band come on.
Dublin(3) 14/5/12, Lille 25/9/10, Liverpool 14/7/09, Manchester 30/11/08, Manchester 17/6/08, London 1988 or 1993 date unknown, Manchester 27/2/85
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

Hi Clive, would that be the "Dance Me to the End of Love" from Various Positions? ;-) I think that "First We Take Manhattan" is essential (and/or The Future). Of course, for uptempo, we now have Different Sides, and I hope that gets played! And, yes, it would be interesting to a get jazzed-up version of one of your suggestions (or any other normally slower song). I always think of Amen as working well at a faster tempo: that's how I tend to hear it, for some reason, perhaps it is the incredible rhythm of the lyrics.
clive cass

Post by clive cass »

Yes sorry wrong album for Dance me. The shows will be great whatever the set lists but I do think we will see a big change in the set lists on top of the inclusions from Old Ideas.I predict a maximum of 10 songs from the last tour plus 5 or 6 from Old Ideas and up to 15 "new" songs. Perhaps forum members would like to predict there own list of 30 songs and I would be happy to schedule them out and see who gets closest to the opening night set list. Anyone up for the challenge?
Dublin(3) 14/5/12, Lille 25/9/10, Liverpool 14/7/09, Manchester 30/11/08, Manchester 17/6/08, London 1988 or 1993 date unknown, Manchester 27/2/85
SeventhSon

Post by SeventhSon »

Hi people,

Do you think there's any chance that Leonard might play "Night comes on"? Has this song ever been played live? It's such a beautiful song and I would love to hear it during the concerts :)
holydove

Post by holydove »

SeventhSon wrote:Hi people,

Do you think there's any chance that Leonard might play "Night comes on"? Has this song ever been played live? It's such a beautiful song and I would love to hear it during the concerts :)
Yes, SeventhSon, Leonard did live versions of Night Comes On alot in the 1985 tour. So there is hope for your wish to come true!
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

holydove wrote:
SeventhSon wrote:Hi people,

Yes, SeventhSon, Leonard did live versions of Night Comes On alot in the 1985 tour. So there is hope for your wish to come true!
Especially as, so far as I can remember he also played Night Comes On once on the New Zealand(?) leg of the 2010 tour.

Wendy
holydove

Post by holydove »

Mabeanie1 wrote:
Especially as, so far as I can remember he also played Night Comes On once on the New Zealand(?) leg of the 2010 tour.

Wendy
Wendy, you are right - I had forgotten that Leonard did that song live in 2010 (how could I forget that??!!) - thank you for the delightful reminder!!
Goldin

Post by Goldin »

You are right, Wendy.
Here's an essential HOAG post about it:
http://1heckofaguy.com/2010/11/08/leona ... nload-mp3/
SeventhSon

Post by SeventhSon »

Thanks for your responses. The live version from New Zealand sounds good, I sure hope that the song will be included in the setlist, although the chances are not that good, since it was only played live once on the last tours. :?

I've just checked the statistics from the 2008/2009/2010 tours on setlist.fm and there are some songs which were played only once or very rarely like There is a War, Passing Through or One of us cannot be wrong. I didn't know that Leonard changed his setlist some times (although only on rare occasions). I would love to hear Passing Through on the new tour. :D

I'm also wondering whether he will include Lover Lover Lover in the setlist or only play it on special locations. Can't wait for August 12th to find out! :D
Goldin

Post by Goldin »

SeventhSon wrote:I've just checked the statistics from the 2008/2009/2010 tours on setlist.fm and there are some songs which were played only once or very rarely like There is a War, Passing Through or One of us cannot be wrong.
Actually, none of these songs was performed in 2008-2010.
My statistic overview is based on very accurate setlist collection by Maarten Massa (http://www.maartenmassa.be/LCdocs/setlists.html). I hope, it's accurate as well:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/70685896/LC/So ... 8-2010.doc

...and this is the only "performance" of Passing Through - during the last concert of 2010 Tour in Las Vegas:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDfDdwAgTzE :razz:
SeventhSon

Post by SeventhSon »

I don't really understand the setlist that you posted. What do the different letters mean? :oops:

The audience singing Passing Through and Leonard joining in must have been a great moment. It's sad that he didn't continue playing the whole song.
Goldin

Post by Goldin »

Numbers mean how many times each song was performed.
E.g., above-mentioned Lover Lover Lover could be heard at 20 concerts, all in Europe.
SeventhSon

Post by SeventhSon »

Actually I was refering to the first link. For example before Dance me to the end of Love is written "Emi". What does that mean?
Goldin

Post by Goldin »

First chord, I believe.
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

Roman,

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/70685896/LC/So ... 8-2010.doc

This is a FANTASTIC list! Thank you!

Grateful regards,
Mary
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20

Return to “Old Ideas World Tour 2012 / Europe”