CONCERTS OF THE OLD IDEAS WORLD TOUR IN EUROPE

Everything about the European leg of the World Tour!
Kiwi56

Re: OLD IDEAS WORLD TOUR: CONCERTS AND TICKET INFO

Post by Kiwi56 »

Wohoooooooo, what an announcement :D :D :D :D :D :D !!!
2008 Lörrach,Oberhausen,2009 Dublin, 2010 Stuttgart, 2012Verona
holydove

Post by holydove »

This is soooo wonderful & miraculous & ecstatic!!!

Jarrko & Marie, thank you so much for all the fantastic info. I wished I lived in Europe!!

I was just thinking, wouldn't it be nice if a bunch of us non-Europeans could rent an apt. or house, & just stay in Europe for a couple of months (& of course, needless to say, go to all the concerts)??!! Yes, it's a (greedy) fanstasy, & I will be infinitely grateful for whatever concerts I can get to, but these fantasies just seem to crop up in my mind, all of their own volition. . .
holydove

Post by holydove »

joyezekiel wrote:Perfect! I leave UK on August 19th, so will be able to make Ghent again - one of my absolute favorite venues in 2010.
Joy, I'm glad the schedule is working out so nicely for you! We will probably come to Ghent too & it will be so lovely to see you there!!
Actually

Post by Actually »

Ha, finally. :mrgreen:
Now all I have to do is hope that I will be able to take a few days off...
joyezekiel

Post by joyezekiel »

holydove wrote:[
Joy, I'm glad the schedule is working out so nicely for you! We will probably come to Ghent too & it will be so lovely to see you there!!
I think quite a lot of us will want to be there for that first concert, Rachel...... it will be a wonderful reunion!

Joy
1976 Leicester 2008 London O2/Cardiff 2009 NYC/Austin/Weybridge/Nashville 2010 Ghent x 2/Las Vegas x 2 2012 Ghent x 2/Austin/Montreal/Quebec City/Boston x 2 2013 Memphis/New Orleans/Winnipeg/Birmingham/London O2/Amsterdam/Auckland
remote1

Post by remote1 »

fusional wrote:Jarkko, or anyone, have there been any discussions about festivals?

Glastonbury 2008 was very special. Even better to be watching Leonard with 'non-fans' and watch them slowly turn into disciples :)
Sadly, there is no Glastonbury this year. But yes, another festival would be cool...
"We are so lightly here"
somewhat_nifty

Post by somewhat_nifty »

Personally I'd hate to see Leonard at a festival! The terrible sound systems, the noise, the hordes of people. Much nicer in a cosy concert venue :lol:
I'm chained to the old masquerade...
2008: London O2 14th Nov, RAH 18th Nov; 2009: NY RCMH 16th May, Weybridge MBW 11th July, Barcelona 21st Sept; 2010: Sligo 31st July, Lille 25th Sept, Las Vegas 11th Dec; 2012: Wembley Arena 8th Sept, Dublin 11th Sept 2013: London O2 21st June, London O2 14th Sept
harald

Post by harald »

hi all
for once i will also try to interprete Jarkko
in his signature he writes for 2012: X / Helsinki / Verona
I would understand that like he is planning to got to another concert before Helsinki, which is not announced yet

I trust you won´t be angry with me, Jarkko - thanks for everything you do for us - looking forward to meet you at least in Verona - and best greetings to Eija and all finnish friens
harald
1979 Kassel / 1980 Munich / 2008 Munich, Hamburg / 2009 Cologne, Antwerp, Lisbon, Budapest, Barcelona / 2010 Salzburg, Florence, Marseille, Stuttgart, Bratislava / 2012 Ghent, Berlin, Verona, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon / 2013 Paris, Mannheim, Rome, Prague, Pula, Zuerich, Amsterdam
2011 Haiger / 2014 Dublin / 2015 Hydra, Viladrau / 2016 Amsterdam / 2017 Hydra, Balaton / 2019 Yorkshire
ilockyer

Post by ilockyer »

This is awesome news. Some stunning venues there, Wuhlheide in Berlin is a wonderful venue, right out in the middle of the forest. Really easy to get to on the S-Bahn too. Arena Di Verona is another I would love to go to.

Gutted they're both on weeknights, but more gutted that work internet blocks forum access so I'll not be able to get involved in the presales. :(
Goldin

Post by Goldin »

harald wrote:I would understand that like he is planning to got to another concert before Helsinki, which is not announced yet
Don't think so.
25-26-rest-28-29-rest-31-rest-2
3 days of rest during 9 day period. Two days out of nine - hardly imagine that.

P.S. Oh. Sorry, I understand you now. I'm thinking too much about Sweden.
:roll:
swan13

Post by swan13 »

real-alan wrote:so where's the "Dublin help for newbies" thread then???? Come on..... ;-) ;-) :roll: :lol:
Go Alan!... :lol: :lol:
"Should've got in the car"
stella s.

Post by stella s. »

harald wrote:hi all
for once i will also try to interprete Jarkko
in his signature he writes for 2012: X / Helsinki / Verona
I would understand that like he is planning to got to another concert before Helsinki, which is not announced yet
Here's another guess - Wouldn't Jarkko want to attend the first concert of the tour? ... So maybe Ghent will not the first concert ... ;-) I'm still hoping there will be 1 or 2 concerts in Central Europe. Well if not, I will take Berlin!
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

Such wonderful news! I can't wait to hear more about the North American leg of the tour! But, I will look forward to YouTube videos from Europe to tide me over until then! (Irish Al, are you ready? ;-) )

Lisa
bekaert

Ghent CONCERTS AND TICKET INFO

Post by bekaert »

http://www.facebook.com/events/20486218 ... herpacode=

Tickets cost € 98,5 - 88,5 - 78,5 - 58,5 (inclusive of service tax and shuttle bus to the parking of Flanders Expo).
Max 6 tickets per person. All seats are numbered.

Sale starts on March 30th at 9 am on
. www.sherpa.be
. +32 (0)70 25 20 20

More infos on www.leonardcohenagand.be
its4inthemorning

Post by its4inthemorning »

Jarkko (or others in the know), I am still a newbie to all this, although I did purchase Las Vegas tix through the presale here in 2010. I want to be prepared for some presales, so what do I need to do? For Las Vegas I think purchase was via Ticketmaster, is that the case with these new concerts? If not, how should I be prepared to pay? Are credit cards OK, or must I set up Paypal? And, because I only know English (I know, ugly American--but I DID take 3 years of French in high school many years ago), will I be able to navigate through the pre-sales? Any help will be appreciated.

Curt
2010 DECEMBER 10 - CAESARS COLOSSEUM, LAS VEGAS / 2012 SEPTEMBER 28 - L'OLYMPIA, PARIS
2012 OCTOBER 3 - PALAU SANT JORDI, BARCELONA / 2012 DECEMBER 13 - K-ROCK CENTRE, KINGSTON
2013 APRIL 6 - RADIO CITY MUSIC HALL, NEW YORK CITY / 2013 JULY 9 - PIAZZA NAPOLEONE, LUCCA
2017 NOVEMBER 4-8 - MONTREAL "TOWER OF SONG" CELEBRATION - RIP, YOU GOT ME SINGING!

Return to “Old Ideas World Tour 2012 / Europe”