PRESALE TO GHENT

Everything about the European leg of the World Tour!
iris

Re: PRESALE TO GHENT

Post by iris »

but given the fact that both concerts are already almost sold out.... there might be a chance....? for a mondayconcert? :?:
here is your love for all this
2008 amsterdam/rotterdam, 2009 antwerpen, 2010 gent/dortmund, 2012 gent/amsterdam, 2013 antwerpen/oberhausen/rotterdam/amsterdam

Post by guest »

Oh thanks Jarkko, even better.
Last edited by guest on Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by guest »

WOW... that's amazing, two more Ghent dates on the 15th and 17th are on sale NOW! Happy I missed out on the first two dates!
Pawel Gorny

Post by Pawel Gorny »

so... I will be there on 15th!
Thank You Jarkko!
Winnaar58

Post by Winnaar58 »

Wow, two more concerts in Gent. But I feel very lucky to be able to see at least one!
I was a little worried about the payment, but today I got the word that the payment is fine and the tickets will be sent.
Can anyone telle me if there really are no camera's allowed? I mean I have seen all the pictures and you tube films from 2010, so although the site says : no camera's I can't imagine they really are that strict?
I would be happy if someone told me I can bring my camera and won't loose it at the entrance...
Good luck for the one who are still buying tikets.
I didn´t kill myself when things went wrong
I didn´t turn to drugs or teaching
I tried to sleep, but when I couldn´t sleep
I learned to write.
I learned to write what might be read
on nights like this by one like me.

(Leonard Cohen)
Winterblossom

Post by Winterblossom »

Winnaar58 wrote:Wow, two more concerts in Gent. But I feel very lucky to be able to see at least one!
I was a little worried about the payment, but today I got the word that the payment is fine and the tickets will be sent.
Can anyone telle me if there really are no camera's allowed? I mean I have seen all the pictures and you tube films from 2010, so although the site says : no camera's I can't imagine they really are that strict?
I would be happy if someone told me I can bring my camera and won't loose it at the entrance...
Good luck for the one who are still buying tikets.
In 2010 I attended two concerts of Leonard in Ghent. I had hidden my (not so big) camera in my back pack and got in. The second time they checked it but only briefly. My sister had to throw away her drinks though.. I shot photo's from the tribune (section I) and at some point security told me not to do that, so I stopped,always being a good girl ;-) ). The second concert I was in the front row (lucky my!!!) and shot some pictures too, but not too many, as I didn't dare. But no one stopped me! And I saw Maarten(the moderator on this forum here) shot a lot of stunning pictures, but maybe he is alowed..? Are you, Maarten?
Last edited by Winterblossom on Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I came so far for beauty, I left so much behind...
1985 Brussels-1988 Antwerp-2008 Bruges and Brussels-2009 Antwerp-2010 Ghent (2x)-2012 Ghent (2x)-2013 Antwerp
Maarten

Post by Maarten »

Winterblossom wrote:... saw Maarten(the moderator on this forum here) shot a lot of stunning pictures, but maybe he is alowed..? Are you, Maarten?
:-) I'm not allowed to take pics... But I never had any trouble with taking pictures (and I've been taking a lot of them!). The Ghent security does standard, brief checks at the "doors" (open air venue, you can hardly call that doors... entrance would be better), but small cameras are fine. Just don't bring any professional cameras!

Maarten

PS: come and say hi next time you see me! :-)

2008 Manchester | Bruges | Amsterdam | London | 2x Brussels | Rotterdam |2x London
2009 New York | Cologne | Antwerp | Venice | Colmar | Barcelona | Las Vegas | San José
2010 Salzburg | 2x Sligo | Helsinki | 3x Ghent | Lille | 2x Las Vegas
2012 5x Ghent | 2x A'dam | Helsinki | Dublin | Verona | 3x Paris | Lisboa
2013 Paris | Antwerp | Oberhausen | Brussels | Pula | Rotterdam | Amsterdam | 2x Wellington | Auckland
Winnaar58

Post by Winnaar58 »

In 2010 I attended two concerts of Leonard in Ghent. I had hidden my (not so big) camera in my back pack and got in. The second time they checked it but not briefly. My sister had to throw away her drinks though.. I shot photo's from the tribune (section I) and at some point security told me not to do that, so I stopped). The second concert I was in the front row (lucky my!!!) and shot some pictures too, but not too many, as I didn't dare. But no one stopped me! And I saw Maarten(the moderator on this forum here) shot a lot of stunning pictures, but maybe he is alowed..? Are you, Maarten?
Thanks to Winterblossom and Maarten for their respond, a small camera it will be :D
I didn´t kill myself when things went wrong
I didn´t turn to drugs or teaching
I tried to sleep, but when I couldn´t sleep
I learned to write.
I learned to write what might be read
on nights like this by one like me.

(Leonard Cohen)
Winterblossom

Post by Winterblossom »

Maarten wrote:
Winterblossom wrote:... saw Maarten(the moderator on this forum here) shot a lot of stunning pictures, but maybe he is alowed..? Are you, Maarten?
:-) I'm not allowed to take pics... But I never had any trouble with taking pictures (and I've been taking a lot of them!). The Ghent security does standard, brief checks at the "doors" (open air venue, you can hardly call that doors... entrance would be better), but small cameras are fine. Just don't bring any professional cameras!

Maarten

PS: come and say hi next time you see me! :-)
Maarten, I will do that ! I saw you looking at me while passing by, at that last concert, and I saw you wondering:" What is she doing in the front row, who is she"? But I didn't dare to disturb you, you were very busy, talking to many people you knew . I knew your face from an article about you in Gazet van Antwerpen. I'll send you a friend request on Facebook, so you can see my face too, ok?
I came so far for beauty, I left so much behind...
1985 Brussels-1988 Antwerp-2008 Bruges and Brussels-2009 Antwerp-2010 Ghent (2x)-2012 Ghent (2x)-2013 Antwerp
holydove

Re: PRESALE TO GHENT ACTIVE NOW

Post by holydove »

MaryB wrote:
I don't know how this works for folks in Europe, but, when I need to make a purchase out of the US, I always make sure to call my credit card company in advance to let them know I am going to make a purchase outside of the area of where I live. Otherwise, it sends up 'flags' to the credit card company of a potential fraud situation. Always call your credit card company in advance of making any purchase outside of your locality or that purchase may be blocked by them for your protection.
Just so people know this: I called my bank to find out if this was the issue, & I was told that there is no "suspicious transaction alert" or "fraud protection", or anything like that on my card, & that it should work anywhere, anytime. So, unless the woman I spoke with didn't know what she was talking about, it seems that the issue was not coming from this end, but from the sherpa website.

So far, I have received confirmation of payment for one concert, but not for the other one. I checked my account in the website, & the language used is confusing (even when translated into English), but it looks like the payment for the second concert is still being processed (even though I sent payment for both in one lump sum). Hopefully, they will confirm the other half of the payment soon.
victoriaplum

Post by victoriaplum »

I now have a seat allocation "Golden Circle Parterre B, 15-1 and 15-2" - is this good, does anyone know? :)

edit - sounds like I am 15 rows from the front, which is pretty much what I predicted. Darn, shoulda remembered to be at computer one hour ahead of UK time! :D
Dance me to the end of love
------------------------------------
'Live in London' 2008; Ghent 2012; London 2013.
Ingrid

Post by Ingrid »

victoriaplum wrote:I now have a seat allocation "Golden Circle Parterre B, 15-1 and 15-2" - is this good, does anyone know? :)

edit - sounds like I am 15 rows from the front, which is pretty much what I predicted. Darn, shoulda remembered to be at computer one hour ahead of UK time! :D
Attachments
Stage in Ghent  ;-)
Stage in Ghent ;-)
Maarten

Post by Maarten »

victoriaplum wrote:I now have a seat allocation "Golden Circle Parterre B, 15-1 and 15-2" - is this good, does anyone know? :)

Yes, Row 15, seats 1 and 2. In block B that means right next to the center aisle, so perfectly in the center.

See attachment:
Ghent seating plan 2.JPG
Maarten

2008 Manchester | Bruges | Amsterdam | London | 2x Brussels | Rotterdam |2x London
2009 New York | Cologne | Antwerp | Venice | Colmar | Barcelona | Las Vegas | San José
2010 Salzburg | 2x Sligo | Helsinki | 3x Ghent | Lille | 2x Las Vegas
2012 5x Ghent | 2x A'dam | Helsinki | Dublin | Verona | 3x Paris | Lisboa
2013 Paris | Antwerp | Oberhausen | Brussels | Pula | Rotterdam | Amsterdam | 2x Wellington | Auckland
B4real

Post by B4real »

This is probably not the correct place to put it but I thought for those of you who haven't seen this great video before and are going to Ghent, this should wet your appetite! The ending is not the usual way to finalise a session!

Soundcheck Ghent May 09, 1993
http://www.laobserved.com/archive/2012/ ... dcheck.php

.....maybe some of you will be lucky enough to see a 2012 soundcheck!
It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to B4real ~ me
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
pe swijngedouw

Post by pe swijngedouw »

goodnight, victoriaplum
i don't think that the timezone-difference has made a lot of difference for your seat number : i was there in the first minutes from the start of the sale, and got seats B14-5&6, not so close to stage (+- 15 m), but perhaps we're lucky, to have places right in front of mr cohen.
pe
... precisely ...

Return to “Old Ideas World Tour 2012 / Europe”