PRESALE TO GHENT

Everything about the European leg of the World Tour!
iris

Re: PRESALE TO GHENT

Post by iris »

Yes Hartmut, that's pretty good. But I'm greedy since I had a seat on the first row in Dortmund. For me it was just the difference between watching and listening and being part of what happens on stage. Then and there I discovered that's just what a first row seat means to me. But who knows...
here is your love for all this
2008 amsterdam/rotterdam, 2009 antwerpen, 2010 gent/dortmund, 2012 gent/amsterdam, 2013 antwerpen/oberhausen/rotterdam/amsterdam
yoeri

Post by yoeri »

Cilbo wrote:I keep clicking on my order, and the seat numbers are not displayed. Has anyone else found the same? Does anyone have any thoughts on this?
Feeling worried....
CIlla.
Edit: i think a post or 2 below this one answers your question.

Y
Last edited by yoeri on Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2008: Athens
2009: Madrid
2010: Gent, Lille
2012: Gent, Berlin, Madrid
2013: Antwerp, Brussels, Pula, Amsterdam
Hartmut

Post by Hartmut »

iris wrote:Yes Hartmut, that's pretty good. But I'm greedy since I had a seat on the first row in Dortmund. For me it was just the difference between watching and listening and being part of what happens on stage. Then and there I discovered that's just what a first row seat means to me.
I know exactly what you mean ...
RichardS

Post by RichardS »

Cilbo wrote:I keep clicking on my order, and the seat numbers are not displayed. Has anyone else found the same? Does anyone have any thoughts on this?
Feeling worried....
CIlla.
If you are looking at the English version of the Sherpa site then try the French or Dutch versions. My seat numbers do not appear on the English version but they are there on the French and Dutch versions.

RichardS
Maarten

Post by Maarten »

dynamiksdreamdebased wrote:So, it says my seat is:

Golden Circle
Parterre B, 1-18

Does this mean Row 1, Seat 18 or Row 18, Seat 1?

thanking you...
DDD,
This is Parterre B, Row 1, seat 18!
:-)

(slightly to the right if you face the stage, see viewtopic.php?f=58&t=31693&start=150#p302017 for a seating chart)

See you there!
Maarten

2008 Manchester | Bruges | Amsterdam | London | 2x Brussels | Rotterdam |2x London
2009 New York | Cologne | Antwerp | Venice | Colmar | Barcelona | Las Vegas | San José
2010 Salzburg | 2x Sligo | Helsinki | 3x Ghent | Lille | 2x Las Vegas
2012 5x Ghent | 2x A'dam | Helsinki | Dublin | Verona | 3x Paris | Lisboa
2013 Paris | Antwerp | Oberhausen | Brussels | Pula | Rotterdam | Amsterdam | 2x Wellington | Auckland
Cilbo

Post by Cilbo »

Thanks RichardS for info re where to find my seat details - you were exactly right. And immediatley after I had found them, it now shows they have been sent, and the details appear on the English version too!
Didn't get front row, but row 3 for the first concert, and row 12 for the second - so not too bad....
Cilla.
London 2008, Brighton 2008, Liverpool 2009, Ghent 2010, Stuttgart 2010.
Ghent x 2 - 2012, London 2013, Brighton 2013....
dynamiksdreamdebased

Post by dynamiksdreamdebased »

Maarten wrote:
dynamiksdreamdebased wrote:So, it says my seat is:

Golden Circle
Parterre B, 1-18

Does this mean Row 1, Seat 18 or Row 18, Seat 1?

thanking you...
DDD,
This is Parterre B, Row 1, seat 18!
:-)

(slightly to the right if you face the stage, see viewtopic.php?f=58&t=31693&start=150#p302017 for a seating chart)

See you there!
Maarten
Amazing news!

See you there :-D
blithe, urbane and inebriated.
Winnaar58

Post by Winnaar58 »

Maarten wrote:Ine,
Don't panic! :-)
If you have made yourself an account on Sherpa, you can go to MySherpa and check the status of your order. Mine says that were shipped out today, so I'll give them at least a week to get here... In the past, it generally takes a while for the tickets to arrive, because they use a courier.

See you during the Ghent meetups/concerts/afterparties/sing-alongs...
Maarten
Thank you Maarten and yes see you during the Ghent meet up on august the fourteenth.
I didn´t kill myself when things went wrong
I didn´t turn to drugs or teaching
I tried to sleep, but when I couldn´t sleep
I learned to write.
I learned to write what might be read
on nights like this by one like me.

(Leonard Cohen)
Winnaar58

Post by Winnaar58 »

Oh wow, this means row three for Hilde and me, seat eleven in The Golden Circle
So I guess I am not a lazy basterd in a suit, but a lucky basterd :D
Happy Easter by the way to all of you Cohenites.
I didn´t kill myself when things went wrong
I didn´t turn to drugs or teaching
I tried to sleep, but when I couldn´t sleep
I learned to write.
I learned to write what might be read
on nights like this by one like me.

(Leonard Cohen)
glass

Post by glass »

Does anyone know if the view is still okay for the least expensive tickets? I'm in Tribune B, row 17, seats 17 and 18. I've no idea if this is closer to Tribune A or Tribune C, or if this is still a nice spot to see something on stage, haha. I really can't afford the more expensive tickets and I don't mind being less close to the stage (just being there will be wonderful), but it would be nice to know if the seats are really rubbish or just... less good ;) I suppose it is a weird angle to see the stage from.
yoeri

Post by yoeri »

And suddenly there are tickets again for all 4 dates in gent also golden seats!!!
2008: Athens
2009: Madrid
2010: Gent, Lille
2012: Gent, Berlin, Madrid
2013: Antwerp, Brussels, Pula, Amsterdam
tof44

Post by tof44 »

This morning I could buy 2 tickets in the golden circle for the 14th :D
holydove

Post by holydove »

In the grand scheme of things, this is small; & apparently some people have had a very positive experience with sherpa, & I'm glad for them, but for me (& maybe others, as it's hard to believe I'm the only one), the difficulties continue, & I just feel that this should be stated. So here is the sequence of events that have taken place:

1. The website wouldn't accept either my Master or Visa card (which I have used to buy tickets from websites in France, Ireland, Spain, Sweden, & Denmark, with no problem at all), & sherpa stated no reason for not accepting my credit cards. So I had to waste time, trying to put the numbers in again & again, finally selecting Bank Transfer; therefore, probably due to the time lapse, my seats are not so great.

2. I was told, when I went to the bank, that Sherpa didn't give all the information the bank needed to do the wire transfer, so I had to go back & forth between the bank & home, the next day (cancelling all other commitments), until I got the info the bank needed.

3. Sherpa confirmed receipt of payment for the tickets for 8/12, but not for 8/14, even though I sent the amounts for both dates together. I sent them an email asking why they hadn't confirmed payment for 8/14, & they never answered me. I tracked down phone numbers (as the website does not give the right phone # to reach them), but kept getting constant busy signals. I decided to just wait a while, & continued, for 2 weeks, to check my order history in the website. My order history kept showing that the tickets for 8/12 were dispatched (though the date of dispatch changed every day, & always showed whatever the date was on the day I was checking!); but there was no date of dispatch for the tickets for 8/14, & under "status", there was a symbol with dual images: one meaning "ready to dispatch", & next to that a picture of a little clock, with no explanation of what that meant, so I assumed it meant they were still processing the order for those tickets, & I continued to wait.

4. Today, I finally got through to them by phone, & the person on the phone told me that they couldn't dispatch the tickets for 8/14 because I hadn't paid the full amount & I owe them 9 euros & 68 cents. I told the person on the phone that I have bank documents showing that I did pay the full amount for both sets of tickets - the amount was exactly the same for each set of tickets (which the agent on the phone confirmed) & I paid exactly double that amount. I also paid the wire fee, which is shown in a separate box as having been paid, so that can't be the issue. So the sherpa agent told me I have to prove that the full amount was paid, by scanning the bank documents & putting it in an email to them. I asked her why nobody told me about this issue, which they believe to exist, since they have my email address, & she said, "I don't know". (There was also nothing in my order history in the website, indicating that this alleged problem existed). I asked her what could be the reason that my bank documents show full payment of both amounts, but they think I owe 9 euros & 68 cents, & she said, "I don't know".

The agent did say that if, for whatever reason, I can't or don't send them the scan of the bank documents, they will still hold my tickets & I can bring the documents to Ghent & present them at the venue 2 hours before the show. Thank goodness they are at least holding my tickets.

I bought tickets for the third Ghent concert through a different website, which accepted my credit card without a problem. And I don't intend to ever do business with Sherpa again.
gilly-rjd

Post by gilly-rjd »

If you are looking at the English version of the Sherpa site then try the French or Dutch versions. My seat numbers do not appear on the English version but they are there on the French and Dutch versions.
RichardS
Well, I've tried the French and the Dutch versions and they're all the same,ie.date of dispatch changes daily, ikons change daily, and definitely no indication of row or seat numbers I have bought.
This is poor; I cannot remember the last time I bought seats for a show and at time of booking could not see where they were.
Yesterday I contacted Sherpa, and they emailed me a reply. No, they could not tell me when my tickets would be sent. No, they could not tell me what row they were in or what seat numbers. In fact they said,
"La commande est payée et les tickets seront bientot imprimés (a savoir que les tickets ne sont pas nécessairement imprimés immédiatement, particulierement quand un spectacle est si loin dans le temps)"
So, the tickets I ordered 10 minutes after the pre-sale began HAVE NOT YET BEEN PRINTED!!
Gilly.
- 2008 - Birmingham - 2009 -Liverpool - 2010 - Sligo, Lille
2012 -Guent, Paris - 2013 Bournemouth, Manchester, Birmingham
douglas07

Post by douglas07 »

Two weeks ago they took our money:
Hi Sherpas,
-are you still waiting for a new belgian governent to come into action?
Are´n t there enough people who by now payed their Cohen-tickets by
credit card that they by now deserve deliverance?
Can you hear me? Hello, Sherpas ! wake up!

at least they let a machine answer:
Nous avons bien reçu votre demande et nous l'avons enregistré sous le numéro de référence: 42782.
Nous faisons tout notre possible de vous répondre dans les plus brefs délais.

Bien à vous,
1970s "Beautiful Loosers"; 1980s "Poems of ..."
UH Tour: Oslo-Copenhagen-Cologne; Odense; OI-Tour:Ghent-Odense

Return to “Old Ideas World Tour 2012 / Europe”