PRESALE to Gothenburg/Dublin/Paris

Everything about the European leg of the World Tour!
Grainnemhaoil

Re: PRESALE on March 29 to Gothenburg/Dublin/Paris

Post by Grainnemhaoil » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:57 pm

sandraa wrote:The seating plan baffles me and i'm infuriated that i turned down tickets which were better than my eventual ones. In block a4 how far back is row dd. I'm taking a child to it so may look for more tickets in the general sale if it's very far.
As I understand it seating in block A has 55 rows, a - z (26), aa - zz (26) , aaa - ccc (3). You should be about half way down, dd is row 30, however I stand open to correction on this. Ideally you would like to be closer but you are center. Depends on how tall the child is, block A is flat seating, so 29 rows of chairs in front of you. Have a look at some videos on youtube, not the good albertnoonan ones, but ones shot from 30 rows back to get an idea. Having said that, I was about 80 rows back on the stands for one of the Lissadell shows and it was still excellent.
Oh God, The Trees Are Excellent.
swan13

Post by swan13 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:14 pm

I am normally always in control but this morning my hands were actually shaking trying to get my tickets.
8.40am decided to have a shower to kill time, so,wrapped in towel, turban on head I sit down to two computers to buy tickets for both nights in Dublin.
9.00am go! Clicked Tuesday on one computer and Wednesday on the other, those nasty wee clocks then started to torment me. In my panic I forgot to log in to TM and was starting to fill in address details again, doh, realised and quickly logged in on the other computer, breathe again. Hearts now pumping and hands are starting to shake, oh s--t what else have I forgotten to do, still those clocks are ticking, in fact I do believe they were shouting at me, "you're not going to get tickets, you're not going to get tickets"! Anyway got first sale going. I was using husbands card, got to the end, his bank asked me to verify with a password, oh f--k, charge upstairs, trying to keep aforementioned towel from dropping off and causing me fall down stairs and break my neck (no tickets would then be required, at the time it seemed like the lesser of two evils)! Gently awaken darling husband, whispered to him, "darling your bank would like me to verify your card with a password, can you please tell me what it is" or words to that effect. He gently sat up and said "what time is it", to which I lovingly replied "never mind the f------g time what is your password I only have 3 minutes to complete the ticket purchase" I said this as I ran out of the bedroom hoping he would follow. He did indeed follow, arriving at my side with the answer to my prayers. I said so what is it? He said try ------, no joy, he said try ------, no joy, that clock is now yelling at me, he then admitted he couldn't remember the password, stress or what. I had to create a new one, blah, blah, blah.
I could go on however I write the above just to give a flavour of what was like for me this morning, hope it gives you a giggle. See you all in Dublin.
Lizxxx
p.s got Block A3 Row D 67-70 for Tuesday and Block A3 Row S 74-77 for Wednesday, I'm happy. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
"Should've got in the car"
holydove

Post by holydove » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:26 pm

Thank you very much to everyone who replied with advice about the email confirmations - all good information to have! I will check my account with topbillet, etc.

David, it's also good to know that the printed order confirmation could suffice.

Looking forward to seeing everyone!
MollyO

Post by MollyO » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:33 pm

ladydi wrote:Inexcusable for there to be no seat chart available for Kilmainham, and now it seems the current one is different from the one in 2008. Gave up for today, but will give it a go tomorrow. Perhaps IMMA and ticketmaster.ie can come up with one by then.
Hi Di!
Spoke to Ticketmaster this evening to have tickets explained and they said they will have a seating chart up for tomorrow. They also apologised for not having one up till now. In case you have not seen other posts, Blocks 3, 4 and 5 are all directly in front of the stage. Hope to see you when you are over this time.
All the best :)
HugoD

Post by HugoD » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:21 pm

I've got two tickets for Dublin for the concert on the 12th, A3 row M, should be good :D
On the confirmationmail it says

Wed 12 Sep 2012, 16:00

Does that mean that the show starts at 4 pm? Sounds rather early, one would expect 7 or 8 pm for the concert to start.

Looking forward to the trip to Dublin, I'm hoping that there will be a pre-concert meeting of some sort.
Lille 2010, Dublin 2012, Mannheim 2013, Rotterdam 2013, Montréal 2017
Happiness is just the side effect of a meaningful life.
therealdriad

Post by therealdriad » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:31 pm

Thank you so much Jarkko for posting links to the Dublin presale. I was delighted to be able to get tickets today and not to have the nailbiting wait for the general sale. I'm very excited at the prospect of seeing Leonard Cohen live again.
Hydrogal

Post by Hydrogal » Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:32 am

Well, I must say this morning was the most animated I've ever been at 3AM!! What a rush. But....got great seats for Paris on Friday night! Yahoo. Also good seats (I think) for the show in Verona. Thank you jarkko and everyone else for the help and advice. My head has been in the clouds all day.
Barbara
we are so lightly here
it is in love that we are born--in love we disappear

Verona 2012, Paris 2012, Detroit 2012, Boston 2012, Miami 2013, New Orleans 2013
Aido

Post by Aido » Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:46 am

Sooooooo happy with how smoothly things went getting the tickets. Thanks Jarkko as ever. It's true that there should have been a seating chart so that we could see what we're getting for our €100, but thanks to Helmut's posting of the chart I'm a very happy man. Block A5. Row G seats 111 + 112. .........Happy Days!
Kilmainham 2008 (1st night!), O2 London 2008, O2 Dublin 2009, Lissadell 2010, Kilmainham 2012 (2 nights).
ScottM

Post by ScottM » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:13 am

HugoD wrote:I've got two tickets for Dublin for the concert on the 12th, A3 row M, should be good :D
On the confirmationmail it says

Wed 12 Sep 2012, 16:00

Does that mean that the show starts at 4 pm? Sounds rather early, one would expect 7 or 8 pm for the concert to start.

Looking forward to the trip to Dublin, I'm hoping that there will be a pre-concert meeting of some sort.
Last time in 2008, at the same venue, the gates were due to be opened about the same time. However there was a slight delay (about 45 mins). The sound check was still going on. Also there was a support act, Damian Rice, around 7.30, and Leonard did not come on until 8.00 pm. Nearly every concert I have attended has started at 8.00 pm. Would not expect these concerts to be any different.
Also, I would be surprised if there was not a local meet up. Our Irish friends are very hospitable.
See you there.

Regards,

Scott
2008: Dublin/London (O2)-Jul 17/London (O2)-Nov 13/London (RAH)/Brighton
2009: Liverpool/Madrid/Barcelona
2010: Sligo x2/Lille/Las Vegas x2
2012: Ghent/Amsterdam/London x2/Dublin Sep 11&12/Paris Sep 28
2013: London (O2) Jun 21/Brighton/Manchester/Cardiff/Birmingham/Amsterdam
ladydi

Post by ladydi » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:04 am

MollyO wrote:Hi Di!
Spoke to Ticketmaster this evening to have tickets explained and they said they will have a seating chart up for tomorrow. They also apologised for not having one up till now. In case you have not seen other posts, Blocks 3, 4 and 5 are all directly in front of the stage. Hope to see you when you are over this time.
All the best :)
Hi Molly,
Thanks so much!! I truly think Ireland got screwed. Between the IMMA and ticketmaster.ie, they couldn't come up with a seating chart until 4 hours after the fan presale started. People were so excited about their seats but had no idea where they were. I have a feeling some fans who were thrilled about row QQQ will not be so thrilled come September 11th. I've lucked out via a friend with an extra seat for the 12th. So...although tomorrow is one of my days off, I'll be at the computer at 4am my time for the public sale, and see what I can get for the 11th. Understand touts are already offering the first few rows for 3X the original price. Guess everyone needs to make a dollar (or euro), but I would never pay their prices. On another note, if I can get a seat for the 11th, I look forward SO much to seeing old friends, and meeting new ones!!

Thanks Molly...xo
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:39 am

And how is it the touts obtain such access to begin with?
Wonder if limiting the number of tickets any one person could buy MIGHT make a dent in this egregious behaviour.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
Travelingladiesman

Post by Travelingladiesman » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:26 am

Lets make the meet up simple !!
In 2008 the Brazen Head was our base for all 3 concerts.
Good food,drink,craic and within reasionable walking distance ,
BRAZEN HEAD ??

Joe ;-)
musicmania

Post by musicmania » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:32 am

This makes me so angry. Scroll down and just read what he/she has written about getting the tickets :cry:

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/2-x-LEONARD-COHE ... 337331809a
2009 Dublin 2010 Lissadell Katowice LV x2 2012 Ghent x2 Dublin x4 Montreal x2 Toronto x2 2013 New York x2 Brussels Dublin x2

Gwen's Leonard Cohen Journey: http://myleonardcohenjourney.wordpress.com/

"I did my best, it wasn't much"
DerekH

Post by DerekH » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:35 am

A much less stressful morning today and the panic of yesterday morning is over. Unless of course UK gigs are announced that is. Two nights in Paris to look forward to. Just the travelling and accomodation to go now but I think I'll leave that for another day.
1972 : Royal Albert Hall, London.
2008 : O2, London X 2, Brighton.
2009 : Weybridge.
2012 : L'Olympia, Paris X 2.
2013 : June O2, London
DerekH

Post by DerekH » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:42 am

Yes Musicmania it makes me very angry as well. I was just feeling at peace with the world when I saw your post. Some people have no shame.
1972 : Royal Albert Hall, London.
2008 : O2, London X 2, Brighton.
2009 : Weybridge.
2012 : L'Olympia, Paris X 2.
2013 : June O2, London

Return to “Old Ideas World Tour 2012 / Europe”