Kilmainham, summer 2012?

Everything about the European leg of the World Tour!
Diane

Re: Kilmainham, summer 2012?

Post by Diane »

Hallelujah! (sang in the pouring rain, again, please.)

Yes, there were three nights in 2008:-)
Yon1967

Post by Yon1967 »

Oh happy happy days :D

I was content enought that I had the pleasure twice - once in the O2 and then in the beautiful Lissadell and now.........................
I simply cannot believe it - I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo very happy - September cannot come soon enough. Will have to try and get rid of this silly grin on my face before work tomorrow :lol:
real-alan

Post by real-alan »

Confident! Hotel booked.... now for the tickets.... :D
you may be right, I may be crazy.... but it just may be a lunatic you're looking for...

blah, blah, blah, blah, blah..... plenty
FanForLife

Post by FanForLife »

musicmania wrote:From The Irish Times website

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/bre ... ing12.html
The page which MusicMania links to has been updated and now included one of Albert's very best videos - justified recognition indeed - how Albert manages to produce professional quality video with a tiny handheld camera never seases to amaze me. Let us hope that Albert and Camera are in full swing in 2012 !

The direct link to the embedded video is here.......... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRT2i8QJBG0 - I just love when LC says tot he audience "My you sing so pretty"
2008 - dublin (kilmainham - the best, ever)
2009 - dublin (The Point) and tampa and NY(MSG) and san jose
2010 - sligo (second best) and oakland and portland and las vegas
2011 - lenny and me were resting, so we were
2012 - dublin (kilmainham again) and austin
2013 - dublin (The Point, 2 times)
2014 & 2015-enjoying the memories and saving the pennies; just in case; just in case..............
JimmyBulb

Post by JimmyBulb »

Such great news!! I thought Lissadell would have been his last visit over here! Lissadell was one of the best gigs to be at and no doubt Kilmainham will be just as good! Leonard was on my bucket list....so great to see him again!! Can't wait. Oh, can somebody put in an order for some sun for September!!
The Belfast Partisan

Post by The Belfast Partisan »

Have managed never to see Mr Cohen in the flesh. Am so looking forward to this...

Came across this recently, recorded at the National Stadium around two miles from IMMA Kilmainham. I was told about it by someone who was there, and he described it as the most electric live moment ever (especially given the mood following events three weeks earlier).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jG6D7-PAIKI
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

I found it interesting that the rates at Leonard's favourite Dublin hotel soared from the $185 USD range to well over $700 USD for the nights of the concerts...including the night of the 13th (hmmm?). I have a feeling it's to prevent any "frenzied fans" from grabbing up rooms. Also noticed that the Kilmainham Hilton suddenly raised their rates, but only for the 11th and 12th. Capitalism is alive and well. ;-)
sandraa

Post by sandraa »

The Shelbourne hotel is completely booked up for those dates.It looks amazing
real-alan

Post by real-alan »

sandraa wrote:The Shelbourne hotel is completely booked up for those dates.It looks amazing
I booked the Ashling (about 1k from Kilmainhaim) on Monday - was 99 euros a room in the morning... 119 when I booked another in the afternoon.. goodness knows what it is now (if it isn't booked out...) - oh, and I have my tickets now (smug grin!)
8)
you may be right, I may be crazy.... but it just may be a lunatic you're looking for...

real-alan

Post by real-alan »

real-alan wrote:
sandraa wrote:The Shelbourne hotel is completely booked up for those dates.It looks amazing
I booked the Ashling (about 1k from Kilmainhaim) on Monday - was 99 euros a room in the morning... 119 when I booked another in the afternoon.. goodness knows what it is now (if it isn't booked out...) - oh, and I have my tickets now (smug grin!)
8)
I checked, The Ashling still showing availability at 119 euros....

scarlet

Post by scarlet »

I just got a room at Ashling too
so_long_marianne

Post by so_long_marianne »

Booked my tickets :D
Does anyone know the approximate capacity of the venue?
Manchester 2008
Dublin 2012
Manchester 2013
Dublin 2013
carlowmike
Location: it's just the way it changes, like the shoreline and the sea,!

Post by carlowmike »

We have overbooked a twin room at the Gresham for Monday, September 10th and Thursday September 13th.
If interested contact me ( via email is best for me ).
The price is same as we reserved at 98 euro per night ( room only )
;-) .
Last edited by carlowmike on Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
2008~Dublin x 3,- Amsterdam,- London,- Berlin,- London x 2,. 2009~Dublin x 3,- Barcelona, Sept.- New York, Chelsea Hotel Plaque Dedication and MSG Concert,- Las Vegas. 2010~Sligo x 2, Las Vegas x 1.]2012, Ghent, Berlin, Dublin, Los Angeles, New York.
Like You Would Do For One You Love
carlowmike

Post by carlowmike »

by so_long_marianne » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:50 pm

Booked my tickets
Does anyone know the approximate capacity of the venue?
For Leonard Cohen concerts in 2008 the premission was for up to 10,000 seated but I believe they add and rearrange seating depending on demand :!: ;-)
2008~Dublin x 3,- Amsterdam,- London,- Berlin,- London x 2,. 2009~Dublin x 3,- Barcelona, Sept.- New York, Chelsea Hotel Plaque Dedication and MSG Concert,- Las Vegas. 2010~Sligo x 2, Las Vegas x 1.]2012, Ghent, Berlin, Dublin, Los Angeles, New York.
carlowmike

Post by carlowmike »

looking to swap one seat for Wednesday Concert ( in Block A4 , Row Y, seat 93 ) for seat on Tuesday in Block 3 or 5. ;-)

Return to “Old Ideas World Tour 2012 / Europe”