Roscoe Beck in Conversation with Hattie Webb as part of Hattie's 'conversations with' series.

Anjani, Sharon Robinson, NEeMA, The Webb Sisters, Dino Soldo, Jennifer Warnes, Perla Batalla, Julie Christensen, Unified Heart Touring Band, Leonard's tours musicians...
asta

Roscoe Beck in Conversation with Hattie Webb as part of Hattie's 'conversations with' series.

Post by asta »

Roscoe Beck - How I started working with Leonard - and more .........
in conversation with The Webb Sisters Hattie Webb,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTRG4c08m0k&t=98s
AlanM

Re: Roscoe Beck in Conversation with Hattie Webb as part of Hattie's 'conversations with' series.

Post by AlanM »

Thank you very much for posting this link. I really enjoyed listening to the chat between 2 friends.
At 2 hours and 20 minutes it may appear daunting, but believe me it is worth listening to.
Many Leonard anecdotes among other information.

Treat yourself,

Alan
Too much Leonard Cohen is never enough.
London 1972, Adelaide 1980, 1985, 2009
Sydney 2010; Adelaide 2010
Sydney 2013 X2; Melbourne 2013; Adelaide 2013
B4real

Re: Roscoe Beck in Conversation with Hattie Webb as part of Hattie's 'conversations with' series.

Post by B4real »

I haven't watched this yet but maybe I should, sooner rather than later :)
In 2013 I met both Hattie and Roscoe the day before the concert in Townsville. Both were absolutely charming. I remember Hattie said her and Charley had been out on the Great Barrier Reef the day before in Cairns and that they had a wonderful time. She said Charley got a bit sunburnt and you could see it a little at the concert that night.
It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to B4real ~ me
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
B4real

Post by B4real »

I’ve just finished watching this and yes, some interesting exchanges between them.
Thought-provoking how the musical arrangement and lyrics for a new song by them about Leonard materialised.
It really sounded like it was created almost spontaneously out of the air. Roscoe said, “it just came out of my head” and Hattie said, “trust the channels”. I’m tempted to say that spiritually LC also had a hand in it; who really knows ;-) It’s called Waltz For Leonard. I love that Alex is playing his violin in the song :D seems so fitting to do so.

EDIT: I'd like to add, Happy Birthday, Roscoe!
You almost share the same birth date (not years) as my mother, just 2 days prior to it.
It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to B4real ~ me
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!

Return to “Related Artists”