Judy Collins interview

Anjani, Sharon Robinson, NEeMA, The Webb Sisters, Dino Soldo, Jennifer Warnes, Perla Batalla, Julie Christensen, Unified Heart Touring Band, Leonard's tours musicians...
B4real

Judy Collins interview

Post by B4real »

I've just finished listening to The Music Show on FM ABC Radio National Australia and the last section of it is a phone interview from Australia to Manhattan with Judy Collins aged 81 years and still going strong. The programme begins with her singing the first part of Amazing Grace but her interview and the song in full starts at approx. 27mins 35secs. The interviewer mentions LC but Judy doesn't talk about him. It's still interesting and includes past and present events - https://www.abc.net.au/radionational/pr ... e/12994058
Judy Collins was there when Dylan went electric and Leonard Cohen lost his nerve on stage. She blew the 60’s generation away with her cover of Joni Mitchell’s Both Sides Now and Leonard’s Suzanne. But it’s her 1970’s recording of Amazing Grace that has rocketed her back into the present. Judy and the Global Virtual Choir consisting of over 1000 singers including some hefty names, have just re-released the hymn as a “service” to those struggling under the COVID epidemic. And it all started with a preacher outside a hospital in London...

Music in Judy Collins' interview
Track title: Amazing Grace
Artist: Judy Collins and The Global Virtual Choir
Composer: hymn, lyrics J Newtown

Track title: The Moon is a Harsh Mistress
Artist: Judy Collins
Composer: J Webb
Album: Judith
Label: Elektra
All proceeds from her new version of Amazing Grace go to the World Health Organisation.
It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to B4real ~ me
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!

Return to “Related Artists”