Judy Collins In Dublin, too!

Anjani, Sharon Robinson, NEeMA, The Webb Sisters, Dino Soldo, Jennifer Warnes, Perla Batalla, Julie Christensen, Unified Heart Touring Band, Leonard's tours musicians...
cohenadmirer

Judy Collins In Dublin, too!

Post by cohenadmirer »

And what's more Judy Collins , who is still well worth seeing, is playing Dublin in June at an incredibly low ticket price

http://www.rte.ie/ten/news/2013/0514/445307-collinsj/
Leonard's work resonates
Brighton 1979; Dublin , Manchester june 2008; glasgow, manchester Nov 2008; Liverpool july 2009 ; Barcelona Sept 2009 ;marseille, lille september2010: Ghent August 2012;Barcelona October 2012;Montreal x2 November 2012: 2013; Saint John NB April 2013; Brussels June 2013;Manchester August 2013; Leeds , Birmingham September 2013; Amsterdam September 2013
Athnuachan

Re: Leonard Cohen In Dublin

Post by Athnuachan »

Went to a Judy C concert once and enjoyed her one and a half hour contribution.
But JC, accompanying pianist and rather lame comedian "support" versus LC and his band?
No comparison.
That's why JC tickets are cheaper - supply and demand. Sad but true.

So let's get back to the topic of this thread - " Leonard Cohen in Dublin" - LOVE the sound of that !

Later edit The previous post, this response, and some following posts about Judy Collins have been moved by the Moderators to this section, where they clearly belong more than on a thread celebrating "Leonard Cohen in Dublin" in a section called " The Summer 2013 Tour in Europe".
Thank you, Moderators.
Last edited by Athnuachan on Wed May 29, 2013 3:57 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Ring the bells that still can ring...
Vicomte

Post by Vicomte »

cohenadmirer wasn't asking for us to compare LC and why Judy Collins ticket are cheaper, just giving the head up for people on the forum to know that she will be playing in Dublin in June and that tickets are at an incredibly low price.
I guess it all started for me sometime around Christmas 1967 and now, goodness me, it's.........2018 and over fifty years later.
No one ever listens to me. I might as well be a Leonard Cohen record.
Neil from The Young Ones
Athnuachan

Post by Athnuachan »

There is a thread designated "Other music", that's where Judy Collins belongs - or maybe even in "Related musicians", since she claims to have given LC his first start.

This thread started by Piero is about "Leonard Cohen in Dublin" - just love repeating that! Up to a few days ago it seemed unthinkable...
Vicomte

Post by Vicomte »

The thread says Leonard Cohen In Dublin, Dublin thereby being the operable word and no doubt why cohenadmirer thought it a very good idea to tell all of us who admire Judy Collins to be aware that she will be playing in Dublin this June. If he had put that fact as you suggest in, Other Music, it would probably have been totally missed by many members, who might have liked to have known this fact. So thanks cohenadmirer for informing us.
I guess it all started for me sometime around Christmas 1967 and now, goodness me, it's.........2018 and over fifty years later.
Neil from The Young Ones
Athnuachan

Post by Athnuachan »

Vicomte wrote:The thread says Leonard Cohen In Dublin, Dublin thereby being the operable word.
Strange logic here ! How can "Dublin" be the operative word in a thread called "Leonard Cohen in Dublin" ?
This thread is clearly about Leonard Cohen...
There are other threads for other musicians. If people don't use them much that's probably because they're more interested in Leonard Cohen, not surprising really on a Leonard Cohen forum!

Anyway, if LC and JC concerts clashed, I know which I'd attend, or advise my best friend to attend, having experienced both.....
Now I'm off to celebrate the tidings of great joy for Ireland, wishing the same for UK next week! :D
Vicomte

Post by Vicomte »

Athnuachan wrote:
Strange logic here ! How can "Dublin" be the operative word in a thread called "Leonard Cohen in Dublin" ?
This thread is clearly about Leonard Cohen...
There are other threads for other musicians. If people don't use them much that's probably because they're more interested in Leonard Cohen, not surprising really on a Leonard Cohen forum!
None so deaf as them that can't see........

Simple really, LC is in Dublin, Judy Collins is in Dublin, Dublin therefore being the operable word.

I hope this doesn't put off members like cohenadmirer from putting on a very informative post in what is the right place. Nothing worse than a self appointed sheriff telling all and sundry where any post should have been placed. We have very good, neutral moderators and admins who will decide, personally I thought it an excellent idea to inform us all on this thread that Judy Collins would be in Dublin in June, seeing as how she had such a large influence on LC's career.
Neil from The Young Ones
real-alan

Post by real-alan »

Vicomte wrote:The thread says Leonard Cohen In Dublin, Dublin thereby being the operable word and no doubt why cohenadmirer thought it a very good idea to tell all of us who admire Judy Collins to be aware that she will be playing in Dublin this June. If he had put that fact as you suggest in, Other Music, it would probably have been totally missed by many members, who might have liked to have known this fact. So thanks cohenadmirer for informing us.
no, sorry... don't get that logic at all.... Neil Young is on in Dublin in June... The Guinness Storehouse is in Dublin... I could go on (I frequently do!), but really I'm only on here because Leonard is is Dublin....

.... and I'll be there... :D
you may be right, I may be crazy.... but it just may be a lunatic you're looking for...

blah, blah, blah, blah, blah..... plenty
Vicomte

Post by Vicomte »

Neither Neil Young, nor the Guinness Storehouse played a part in LC's career, Judy Collins had a major part.......quite simple really

Aficionados know all this;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... wt8PVrM5KY#!

http://1heckofaguy.com/2010/07/10/how-j ... er-career/

Perhaps that should allow Judy Collins to be posted on the same thread as LC but you never know............
Neil from The Young Ones
real-alan

Post by real-alan »

Vicomte wrote:Neither Neil Young, nor the Guinness Storehouse played a part in LC's career, Judy Collins had a major part.......quite simple really

Aficionados know all this;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... wt8PVrM5KY#!

http://1heckofaguy.com/2010/07/10/how-j ... er-career/

Perhaps that should allow Judy Collins to be posted on the same thread as LC but you never know............
so sorry.... we'll leave it to you "aficionados" then, shall we?

(oh, I did know that stuff.... but I wouldn't presume to call myself an aficionado...)
you may be right, I may be crazy.... but it just may be a lunatic you're looking for...

Vicomte

Post by Vicomte »

real-alan wrote:[

(oh, I did know that stuff.... but I wouldn't presume to call myself an aficionado...)
So Judy Collins must really miff you, I guess you have always though LC was sent down from heaven, rather than being naturally born and a person needing help to make it in the music industry. Have no fears, I wouldn't presume for one minute to call you an aficionado, perhaps a fawning fan would be better.....
Neil from The Young Ones
real-alan

Post by real-alan »

Vicomte wrote:
real-alan wrote:[

So Judy Collins must really miff you, I guess you have always though LC was sent down from heaven, rather than being naturally born and a person needing help to make it in the music industry. Have no fears, I wouldn't presume for one minute to call you an aficionado, perhaps a fawning fan would be better.....
so, on what basis am I a "fawning fan"? You know absolutely nothing about me.... I was really hinting at your pomposity in setting yourself up as an "aficionado".... I actually quite like Judy Collins, and I'm well aware of her place in the story.... I don't feel wildly bothered about her getting a mention in this thread, but it's hard to ignore the tone of superiority you choose to adopt when someone (obviously a lesser being) has the temerity to disagree with you....

James T

Post by James T »

Stop being ridiculous. Someone said there was a concert in Dublin as well as a leonard Cohen concert in Dublin. No big deal.
Vicomte

Post by Vicomte »

James T, well put Sir but it would appear that should someone dare to talk of anyone else on a thread containing the words Leonard and Cohen then woe betide the member and the artist mentioned!!
Neil from The Young Ones
Vicomte

Post by Vicomte »

real-alan wrote:
so, on what basis am I a "fawning fan"? You know absolutely nothing about me.... I was really hinting at your pomposity in setting yourself up as an "aficionado".... I actually quite like Judy Collins, and I'm well aware of her place in the story.... I don't feel wildly bothered about her getting a mention in this thread, but it's hard to ignore the tone of superiority you choose to adopt when someone (obviously a lesser being) has the temerity to disagree with you....
Sad really, as personally I never hinted nor mentioned I was an aficianado but I just felt you were belittling the very person that we should remember brought LC to us all and as James T states, what is your problem of mentioning someone else being in Dublin? Judy Collins, to me has every right to be mentioned on this thread, why you disagree with that is quite beyond me to be honest. Surely if anyone should be allowed to share a thread under his name, then she is right in the forefront. As for knowing nothing about you, that is true of course but I have noticed that whenever the words Leonard Cohen and Dublin (or Ireland) then you appear to act like a headless chicken in your joy. Perhaps you are just a little over excited rather than a fawning fan, for which I apologise.
Neil from The Young Ones

Return to “Related Artists”