NEeMA CD Launch at Joe's Pub

Anjani, Sharon Robinson, NEeMA, The Webb Sisters, Dino Soldo, Jennifer Warnes, Perla Batalla, Julie Christensen, Unified Heart Touring Band, Leonard's tours musicians...
scubasam

NEeMA CD Launch at Joe's Pub

Post by scubasam »

Hi All,

I haven't seen a post about this yet, so wanted to let everyone know about the launch.

NEeMA will be launching her latest CD, Watching You Think at Joe's Pub in NYC on March 30th. She is a fantastic artist and great performer. Several of us are going and if you are in the area, we would love to see you all there. Tickets are now available on the Joes Pub website.

You can find more information about NEeMA at www.neema.ca or on Facebook. Do a search for neema and you will come to her fan page.

If you need hotel rooms, let me know. I have a group rate at one hotel and am still looking at one or two more. PM me and I'll fill you in.

Take care and hope to see you there.

Sam
leonardmtl

Re: NEeMA CD Launch at Joe's Pub

Post by leonardmtl »

I agree with Leonard that NEeMa is the "real deal" .......,but a correction to your post....... her website shows the CD "Watching you Think" was released on June 29, 2010....."launch" in NYC is post-mature!

I listen to it a lot, same tradition as LC!

Leonard from Montreal
We're all on one road....we're only passing through....

1967 Montreal / 2008 Toronto/ 2009 New York Beacon /Boston 2x /New York MSG / Chelsea Hotel Plaque Celebration /San Jose / 2010 Las Vegas 2x / 2012 Montreal 2x /Boston 2x
MarieM

Post by MarieM »

The March 30 date is the US launch of NEeMA's album.
Marie
Speaking Cohen
scubasam

Post by scubasam »

leonardmtl wrote:I agree with Leonard that NEeMa is the "real deal" .......,but a correction to your post....... her website shows the CD "Watching you Think" was released on June 29, 2010....."launch" in NYC is post-mature!

I listen to it a lot, same tradition as LC!

Leonard from Montreal
Yup, the date is for her US launch. Thanks for clarifying Marie.
leonardmtl

Post by leonardmtl »

Marie,

I am curious....where was the June, 2010 launch? in Canada?

I purchased my CD from Amazon in the summer, 2010 ...pre-launch?

Leonard from Montreal

1967 Montreal / 2008 Toronto/ 2009 New York Beacon /Boston 2x /New York MSG / Chelsea Hotel Plaque Celebration /San Jose / 2010 Las Vegas 2x / 2012 Montreal 2x /Boston 2x
scubasam

Post by scubasam »

Her CD is still not available in the US except at her shows and via her website/mp3 online. It will become available in the US on Amazon Feb 1st. Her original launch date was Feb 15, but it was put off until March 30.
Last edited by scubasam on Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
leonardmtl

Post by leonardmtl »

Sorry, a "senior moment"

Amazon listing.....

Watching You Think (2011) - Audio CD by Neema
Buy new: $12.46
Available for Pre-order. This item will be released on Feb. 1, 2011.

Now I have to remind myself where I bought the darn CD (LOL).........have only been to US concerts and never download mp3s

Marie, can you help?

Leonard from Montreal

brightnow

Post by brightnow »

leonardmtl wrote:Sorry, a "senior moment"

Amazon listing.....

Watching You Think (2011) - Audio CD by Neema
Buy new: $12.46
Available for Pre-order. This item will be released on Feb. 1, 2011.

Now I have to remind myself where I bought the darn CD (LOL).........have only been to US concerts and never download mp3s

Marie, can you help?

Leonard from Montreal
Len,

The CDs are sold at NEeMA's concerts and on her website. Apparently (as you noted) they will ship from Amazon soon. After the official launch they will be available in stores in the US. Some very special CDs might also turn up in a certain monkey's charity raffle, but those details are still being worked out. 8)
Columbia May 11, 2009; Boston May 29, 2009; Durham November 3, 2009; Las Vegas December 10 & 11, 2010; Austin November 1, 2012; Boston December 15, 2012; Brooklyn December 20, 2012
leonardmtl

Post by leonardmtl »

Avi,

Thanks for the refresher ....I probably did get it from her website, as soon as Leonard's praise..... and association as producer.... was public!

Leonard from Montreal

bridger15

Post by bridger15 »

If my memory is up to snuff, I believe NEeMA told me there is one additonal track on the US version, her "Prayer Song".

She performed that song at her Los Angeles gig. Very haunting.

---Arlene
2009-San Diego|Los Ang|Nashville|St Louis|Kansas City|LVegas|San Jose
2010-Gothenburg|Berlin|Ghentx2|Oaklandx2|Portland|LVegasx2
2012-Austinx2|Denver|Los Ang|Seattle|Portland

Arlene's Leonard Cohen Scrapbook http://onboogiestreet.blogspot.com

Return to “Related Artists”