The Webb Sisters in concert in LA

Anjani, Sharon Robinson, NEeMA, The Webb Sisters, Dino Soldo, Jennifer Warnes, Perla Batalla, Julie Christensen, Unified Heart Touring Band, Leonard's tours musicians...
jarkko
Site Admin

The Webb Sisters in concert in LA

Post by jarkko »

1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
Kenadian

Re: The Webb Sisters in concert in LA

Post by Kenadian »

So is this an old poster with a new date, or are they really coming back to CANADA?

I need time to organize the welcoming party!

Cheers,
Ken(adian)
2008: Kitchener|Hamilton x2|Toronto x3|Montreal x2|2009: New York|Detroit|New York x2|Hamilton|Kingston|Ottawa x2 |Colmar|Vienne|Nimes|Philadelphia|New York MSG)|Cleveland|Nashville|2010: Sligo x2|Lisbon |Caen|Grenoble|Strasbourg|Marseille|Tours|Lille|Victoria|Vancouver|Oakland x2|Vegas x2|and more.
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Settle down Ken! May be an old poster but I think they (and all the others) are starting to gravitate to LA for rehearsals, pre European concerts. You may have to grab a flight to California! Or join the tour ;-) ;-) ...good luck, I'm still trying! :D
bridger15

Post by bridger15 »

Thanks for the announcement, Jarkko. You sure are one busy Webmeister these days.

I ordered a ticket and it is "will call". I learned the last time I went in January, that means they look up my name on a list and then stamp my hand which makes me feel 18 years old again. :D

Perhaps I can interest some other SoCal Cohenites to go too? However it is a Sunday night and being the headliners at The Hotel Cafe, it will be a late night which may not be conducive for working folks given the driving distances here.

---Arlene
2009-San Diego|Los Ang|Nashville|St Louis|Kansas City|LVegas|San Jose
2010-Gothenburg|Berlin|Ghentx2|Oaklandx2|Portland|LVegasx2
2012-Austinx2|Denver|Los Ang|Seattle|Portland

Arlene's Leonard Cohen Scrapbook http://onboogiestreet.blogspot.com
bridger15

Post by bridger15 »

Just a reminder about the Webb Sisters gig at the Hotel Cafe this Sunday.

For full details, see Jarkko's post at the top of this thread.

I will be there! :D

---Arlene

jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

A new poster from Arlene:
apu.jpg
apu1.jpg
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
bridger15

Post by bridger15 »

Hattie's new hairdo (see Jarkko's post above with their new flyer)

"The Hattie Charlie and Peter trio"

Here is an article about their manager, the legendary Peter Asher
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19883&start=15#p213101

Ah, this is one of those real life days. So, I will have to return later with a full report and clips.
---Arlene

bridger15

Post by bridger15 »

Big crowd for them again with an enthusiastic cheer when they mentioned they tour with Leonard Cohen.

From their new album coming out, a song called "Dark Sky" performed live for the first time, with another singer, Anita Coats. http://www.myspace.com/anitacoats. The three of them did some interesting choreography.

At the end of the vid, I added a short clip of patter that will please our Canadian forum members.

"Canada...the nicest people on earth...eh..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IkFUxAZ9tU

After their set, I went out to the merch stand in the lobby, but it was too crowded to get near them. I did have a chance to speak to their manager Peter Asher (who by the way graciously gave me permission at the beginning to take pictures). I gave him a DVD I made with all my video clips from the January gig to give to the Webb Sisters.

I shared a table with two ladies who said they came because they loved the LC concert at the LA Nokia. I encouraged them to join the Forum and they said they would. I promised to post their photo. So, Lynn and Terry, if you see this, welcome to the Forum.

---Arlene

Kenadian

Post by Kenadian »

bridger15 wrote:At the end of the vid, I added a short clip of patter that will please our Canadian forum members.

"Canada...the nicest people on earth...eh..."
Nice clip with the Canadian comments. In fact that was me saying 'yea' after they mentioned Canada, and the nice people eh!

Somehow we missed each other Arlene. Morgan and I drove down from the Bay Area for the show and it looks like we were all right side of the stage...us more right. It was a fun show though way too short! We did take some pics, and some day may get around to posting a few.

We did stick around after the show and said hello and they were lovely and very gracious as usual...if not a little surprised to see us there. We talked with Dan, Etienne and Peter Asher, and it felt like the Canadian tour had been just last week :-)

It was my first time in LA and wish we could have been there a few days, but the travel gods were not smiling upon us that weekend.

Cheers,
Ken(adian) counting the days until Ireland!
2008: Kitchener|Hamilton x2|Toronto x3|Montreal x2|2009: New York|Detroit|New York x2|Hamilton|Kingston|Ottawa x2 |Colmar|Vienne|Nimes|Philadelphia|New York MSG)|Cleveland|Nashville|2010: Sligo x2|Lisbon |Caen|Grenoble|Strasbourg|Marseille|Tours|Lille|Victoria|Vancouver|Oakland x2|Vegas x2|and more.
bridger15

Post by bridger15 »

Kenadian wrote: Somehow we missed each other Arlene.
Now I know why they call "you people", dumb Canucks. One would think I would be easy to spot in a trendy Hollywood hotel night club, a woman of a certain age with a cane. I could only be either the resident Madam or... another Cohenphilic Forum member. :D

---Arlene

RegularCliche

Post by RegularCliche »

Last edited by RegularCliche on Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2009: Oakland 2x, St. Louis, Kansas City, Las Vegas, San Jose
2010: Sligo 2x, Lisbon, Caen, Grenoble, Strasbourg, Marseille, Tours, Lille, Oakland 2x (again), Las Vegas 2x
Kenadian

Post by Kenadian »

bridger15 wrote: Now I know why they call "you people", dumb Canucks.
They call us that? Who are they??? Sometimes 'they' say it will rain and it doesn't.
I guess if you had stayed a little longer, we would have connected then...if 'they' wanted.

Cheers,
Ken(adian) whose mother had some dumb children but is not one of them.
RegularCliche

Post by RegularCliche »

Last edited by RegularCliche on Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2009: Oakland 2x, St. Louis, Kansas City, Las Vegas, San Jose
2010: Sligo 2x, Lisbon, Caen, Grenoble, Strasbourg, Marseille, Tours, Lille, Oakland 2x (again), Las Vegas 2x
sturgess66

Post by sturgess66 »

bridger15

Post by bridger15 »

Something strange is going on with "lvpangeles" on Youtube. lvp sent me a comment about my clips of the Webbs at that gig. When I went to my Youtube site to respond, there were 3 removed comments from him. His third and latest comment was designated "removed as spam". His other two comments were designated "removed." All so strange.

---Arlene

Return to “Related Artists”