Track-by-track review of Old Ideas

Leonard Cohen's previous album (January 2012)
rocksucker

Track-by-track review of Old Ideas

Post by rocksucker »

Hello there, hope you don't consider this spamming or that I'm not treading on anyone's toes/breaking any rules by starting a new thread for this, but a good friend of mine has just written a track-by-track review of Old Ideas for my music blog Rocksucker.co.uk and I'd like to share it with you. Suffice it to say, he's a huge Leonard Cohen fan and I'm sure it would mean a lot to him for his review to get a decent audience.

Anyway, enough blather - here it is...

http://jonnyabrams.blogspot.com/2012/02 ... ideas.html

Hope you enjoy reading it, and if you've any comments to make I'll be checking back here to see what you have to say :o)

All the very best,
Jonny
Rocksucker.co.uk
Evie B

Re: Track-by-track review of Old Ideas

Post by Evie B »

Hello Jonny

Thank you for posting your friend's review of Old Ideas, I very much enjoyed reading it. It was interesting to find that his preferences coincide with my own, at least in these early days, but as any fan of Leonard knows all that could be turned on its head in the fullness of time! One day we re-find a song we hadn't particularly appreciated at first only to find it has taken us over; I feel a little more interested in Banjo now that I know where it had its origins in Leonard'd mind.

Again, thanks for the posting

Evie B
...he shows you where to look amid the garbage and the flowers

Return to “OLD IDEAS”