I am very sorry ....

Leonard Cohen's previous album (January 2012)
Winnaar58

I am very sorry ....

Post by Winnaar58 »

Just a message to say that I am very sorry to have posted the inside photo's of Old Ideas. I thought that sharing would make you people happy, but some people got upsaid and very annoyed. I am sorry, it was not my intention to upsad anyone at all.
Ine
I didn´t kill myself when things went wrong
I didn´t turn to drugs or teaching
I tried to sleep, but when I couldn´t sleep
I learned to write.
I learned to write what might be read
on nights like this by one like me.

(Leonard Cohen)
Mabeanie1

Re: I am very sorry ....

Post by Mabeanie1 »

No need to feel bad or apologise Ine. If people didn't want to see inside the CD box, they didn't have to look. I for one was very grateful as I still have not seen the real thing. My CD is waiting at home but I won't be joining it until next week.

Wendy
mutti

Post by mutti »

I am one of the people that was upset and annoyed that Ine had posted the photos of the inside insert of the new CD.
I noticed no one else had shared (leaked?) this and I know others knew it was there.
I still do not have the CD.
It would have been a wonderful surprise to open the CD and find that myself.
Ine had the CD earlier than the rest of us and chose to share this with the intention of making us happy. Most people were fine with it.
I was not.
There had been a few hints that there was going to be some things inside but a week before the CD was for sale
there it was on facebook for all to see due to this post.
So be it...I had the choice to not look. Of course it was too late after I saw what it was at a glance. I did not look at it in detail.
Sorry if this upsets anyone but I was pissed...

Thank you Ine for your post today. I personally appreciate it.

I am hoping the CD will arrive today and I will get to listen (I so far have only heard 3 songs) and I have diverted my eyes from the photos Ine sent. I am fine now and am just excited to have Old Ideas in my hands soon.
Leslie 8)
1988 Vancouver
2009 Victoria/Seattle/Almost Red Rocks/Las Vegas/San Jose.
2010 Sligo x 2/Victoria/Vancouver/Portland/Las Vegas x 2.
2012 Austin x 2/Seattle/Vancouver/Montreal x 2.
2013 Oakland x 2/New York City x 2/Winnipeg...
holydove

Post by holydove »

Ine, I agree with Wendy completely. If someone didn't want to see your photos, all they had to do was click their mouse & they wouldn't have seen it. Personally, I enjoyed seeing your photos; I haven't received the CD yet either (hopefully it will arrive at my doorstep today!), & I was delighted to get a preview of the booklet!! I also listened to the whole album, many times, through the computer (there was no way I could resist that!), so I have no problem at all, with hearing/seeing things in advance!! In this day & age, the term "release date" is, apparently, a completely meaningless anachronism (LOL!). And, most importantly, your intention was quite obviously benevolent, you were trying to share your joy, & I appreciate that, & I'm sorry that you were made to feel bad about it. Please do not dwell on any regret you may feel - your heart was in the right place, so just be happy with the beautiful new gifts of creation that Leonard Cohen has shared with us!!
Jonnie Falafel

Post by Jonnie Falafel »

I agree with you Holydove. I am glad these were shared... the drip drip feed of snippets is part of the excitement.
Maarten

Post by Maarten »

Well, I'll have to go with Wendy and co. about this (sorry Leslie...). We all get (over)excited when somebody posts a link to a new song, an album stream or SoundCloud so why not post the booklet details too?! I -for one- enjoyed seeing the booklet in advance!
(I'm still waiting for my pre ordered album and have been reluctant to go to the music shop to check whether they have Old Ideas in the store already)

Take care,
Maarten

2008 Manchester | Bruges | Amsterdam | London | 2x Brussels | Rotterdam |2x London
2009 New York | Cologne | Antwerp | Venice | Colmar | Barcelona | Las Vegas | San José
2010 Salzburg | 2x Sligo | Helsinki | 3x Ghent | Lille | 2x Las Vegas
2012 5x Ghent | 2x A'dam | Helsinki | Dublin | Verona | 3x Paris | Lisboa
2013 Paris | Antwerp | Oberhausen | Brussels | Pula | Rotterdam | Amsterdam | 2x Wellington | Auckland
Tony Crosbie

Post by Tony Crosbie »

Just to let you know Ine, I was most definitely not upset. My God the entire album was available for download, prior to release, from NPR.
and the Johnny Walker wisdom running high
TineDoes

Post by TineDoes »

No need to be sorry at all, Ine. What a treasure this booklet is that came with this beautiful cd. Scanning them on to the computer is a very good idea, you can enlarge them and see all de hidden treasures, you can reverse them and read the mirrored writing :D . And read te lyrics while you are listening to discover that Leonard Cohen makes small variations while singing.
Tineke
"There’s no forsaking what you love ...."

Rotterdam 2008; Antwerpen, Dublin 2009; Gent 2x, Lille , Las Vegas 2x 2010, Gent, Amsterdam, Dublin 2x 2012, Antwerp, Berlin, Rotterdam 2013
notdarkyet

Post by notdarkyet »

personally, i can't believe anyone had the nerve to complain.

-justin
TipperaryAnn

Post by TipperaryAnn »

notdarkyet wrote:personally, i can't believe anyone had the nerve to complain.

-justin
Why not? That's what a forum is for, surely - honest expression of opinion.
When I first saw these images I felt a bit deflated, thinking "I've heard a lot of this long awaited CD already and now I've seen it too".
(How can you "unsee" something you've seen? :? )

Not being a big fan of Leonard's drawings, (I much prefer his music!) this didn't bother me for long, but when I read Mutti's original (now deleted) post I could understand her disappointment. As she says, it would have been a pleasant surprise to open the cd and see what was inside, instead of already knowing.

Luckily the excellence of "Old Ideas" compensates for all the premature exposures which took from the excitement of its arrival.
Last edited by TipperaryAnn on Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Forget your perfect offering -
There is a crack in everything...
notdarkyet

Post by notdarkyet »

then why didn't you just click out of it as soon as you saw the first thumbnail? you didn't have to expand the picture of scroll down any further to see the others.

-justin
B4real

Post by B4real »

No apology is necessary in my case.
It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to B4real ~ me
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

where did you post it, ine? i've tried to find it here and on FB both and can't. no idea when my copy will arrive and i'd like to see it. thanks!
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

John Etherington

Post by John Etherington »

I can understand if anyone from Sony or Leonard's management were upset with this as it infringes copyright, but it would seem odd for them to complain about it when the whole album was posted on youtube before it was even released and also virtually given away with the relentless previews and streaming! Almost every other potential surprise has also been given away in the reviews.
Last edited by John Etherington on Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “OLD IDEAS”