"LIVE IN LONDON" Blueray release

Leonard Cohen's previous album (January 2012)
Robocop

"LIVE IN LONDON" Blueray release

Postby Robocop » Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:25 am

Gosh where is it I can't find it anywhere? Surely this will happen, "Songs from the Road" Blueray has stunning sound and picture in comparison.

I suppose they will have to remaster it, even better and while they are at it turn the picture into 16:9.

Ever since his concert I've been unhappy with the DVD sound its showing its age in quality although the music is excellent.
LisaLCFan

Re: "LIVE IN LONDON" Blueray release

Postby LisaLCFan » Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:42 am

You are not the only one who would love to have Live in London in Blu-Ray (and wide-screen, for goodness sake! Who has a square TV anymore?). When Songs from The Road came out in glorious blu-ray, the technical quality of Live in London seemed so inadequate (although, like you say, it is a great concert, and surely worthy of blu-ray treatment!). Sony, are you listening?
jarkko
Site Admin

Postby jarkko » Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:21 am

The London concert was not filmed in high definition, and only 4:3 was used (for the screens). In later gigs they started to use HD, and hopefully in the future we will get another BluRay release with selected "best of the tour" songs.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
oblivion

Postby oblivion » Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:37 am

" best of the tour" on blueray sounds wonderful.......
frankfurt+munic 1976; nuremberg 1988; lörrach, berlin, frankfurt+london 2008;
new york, cologne, venice, istanbul, prague + barcelona 2009
sligo, berlin, ghent, wiesbaden, strasbourg, marseille, hannover, dortmund, warsaw, las vegas 2010
ghent, helsinki, berlin, dublin, verona, paris...2012
oberhausen, mannheim, bruxelles, lucca, hamburg, odense, amsterdam...2013
astranger

Postby astranger » Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:10 am

oblivion wrote:" best of the tour" on blueray sounds wonderful.......
and an accompanying audio cd ;-) with Feels So Good, Darkness, Born in Chains, and A Singer Must Die ;-)
Jake.........Durham, NC 11-3-09; Brooklyn, NY 12-20-12
Robocop

Postby Robocop » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:41 am

" best of the tour" on blueray sounds wonderful.......
Do you mean "Songs From The Road" which by my account is the only recent release on Blueray of recent performances.

As far as I'm concerned "Live in London" needs to be remastered into Blueray for the better sound quality alone. If the picture is 4.3 then so be it.

I have no doubt that there could be a new blueray of live songs from what will be his "Old Ideas" tour to come.
LisaLCFan

Postby LisaLCFan » Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:51 am

Robocop wrote:I have no doubt that there could be a new blueray of live songs from what will be his "Old Ideas" tour to come.
I love your optimism! :D
Robocop

Postby Robocop » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:07 am

I don't see why not, a tour is already being organised and filming it should be mandatory he's not going to last for ever. I'm not sure whether he will make it round the world like his recent sojourn but I sure hope to catch him again if not New Zealand, Australia. His near perfect concert in New Zealand I saw last year still rings in my ears.
astranger

Postby astranger » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:56 am

jarkko wrote:The London concert was not filmed in high definition, and only 4:3 was used (for the screens). In later gigs they started to use HD, and hopefully in the future we will get another BluRay release with selected "best of the tour" songs.

I must suggest that Closing Time from Durham make this hypothetical cut. It's simply magical. Just put in a good word to Leonard or Robert Kory ;-)
Jake.........Durham, NC 11-3-09; Brooklyn, NY 12-20-12
Cheshire gal

Postby Cheshire gal » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:15 am

Thanks astranger,

This gave me a good excuse to delve through my concerts and listen to this Durham performance once again. It was an excellent one and would definitely be a candidate for a Live in.... in HD.

How lucky we are to have all these concerts too, that although we may not have seen them ourselves, can enjoy with people who saw them.

Many thanks to the tapers who did such a wonderful job in keeping these shows 'alive'.

And thank you also to Jarkko who gave us this forum that we can research past posts on them.
'...and here's a man still working for your little smile' -Leonard Cohen
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Return to “OLD IDEAS”