Online streaming of Old Ideas (NPR, KCRW, etc.)

Leonard Cohen's previous album (January 2012)
beatingthelilies

Re: Online streaming of Old Ideas (NPR, KCRW, etc.)

Post by beatingthelilies »

dreamermusic wrote:
cpl593h wrote:
lightning wrote:Does anyone know how the musicians can make money if they give their product away? :?:

people like us will listen to the stream and still go out and buy the record, won't we? it's all brand awareness, i believe.

I have listened to the streaming. I have converted the streaming into 10 mp3 tracks in my personal studio, I have recorded a CD with them to listen to it in the car... But it's only to listen to it a little bit earlier. I alredy pre-ordered the original CD to Sony Web site a few months ago. So I'm sure real fans like me will also buy it as I did.
When I seek out an album for download before its release date, I always buy it to justify the download and, most importantly, to help support my favorite musicians. I have yet to pre-order Old Ideas but will buy it in a store within a week of its release. There's nothing like holding the physical product in your hands, reading the liner notes/ lyrics and looking at the pictures as the album plays. Come to think of it, I think I spend more on an artist when I download their music when it comes to limited edition, vinyl releases, merch, etc...
Robocop

Post by Robocop »

I'm impressed with the streaming quality but all I want is to buy the highest quality download WAVE file preferably 24/96 or higher. Whether this will happen is another story. I will get the CD though and live in hope of higher things happening.

People turning streaming into MP3's is beyond me. Surely Cohen lovers would want the highest quality sound they can afford. Especially if they have seen him live in concert!!!!!!!!!!
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

Robocop wrote:People turning streaming into MP3's is beyond me. Surely Cohen lovers would want the highest quality sound they can afford. Especially if they have seen him live in concert!!!!!!!!!!
I suspect that "Cohen lovers" will surely buy the CD/vinyl anyway. If they have made MP3s/CDs of the streaming, it is probably just to enjoy the new album as much as possible while awaiting their "real" copy!

Return to “OLD IDEAS”