Old Ideas release date in Ireland Friday 27th!!

Leonard Cohen's previous album (January 2012)
tomsakic

Re: Old Ideas release date in Ireland Friday 27th!!

Post by tomsakic »

Can anybody say when Amazon ships CDs if I pre-order? I have to count is it worth ordering or I can wait until Friday....
Tony Crosbie

Post by Tony Crosbie »

I telephoned my local record shop to-day having ordered the album some time ago from them. They confirmed that they have it in stock and I can collect it to-morrow morning. That will do, nicely.
and the Johnny Walker wisdom running high
John Etherington

Post by John Etherington »

I know that Amazon U.K. sent out first class U. K. orders today, as I ordered two "Old Ideas" as belated Christmas presents, and they notified me that they'd be sent today. I don't like Amazon's global monopoly and their demands for huge discounts though, as it's killing the independent stores who can't compete. I'll be buying my own copy from Fopp on Monday. I've still only heard three tracks from the album once only, so it's great to have the album to look forward to (hopefully with the words included).
musicmania

Post by musicmania »

Heading over to HMV in the next town to me first thing in the morning to get it. Had planned on ringing them today to confirm they will have it but didn't get a chance as I have a lot going on in my life this week so the album will be a welcome distraction. With the exception to Show Me the Place I haven't really listened to much else as yet as I want the CD sleeve with lyrics in my hand when I listen in full so I avoided the streaming online this week. Saw some photos of the sleeve on Facebook today though didn't study them but did check and the lyrics are there. Roll on 9.5 hours and all going well Old Ideas will be in my hands. Then it will be straight home and a couple of listens before work and then straight home after work tomorrow night and lots more listening :D
2009 Dublin 2010 Lissadell Katowice LV x2 2012 Ghent x2 Dublin x4 Montreal x2 Toronto x2 2013 New York x2 Brussels Dublin x2

Gwen's Leonard Cohen Journey: http://myleonardcohenjourney.wordpress.com/

"I did my best, it wasn't much"
Goldin

Post by Goldin »

The Drift Record Shop (Totnes, Devon, UK)
http://www.driftrecordshop.com/post/165 ... e-releases
Leonard Cohen is on CD & LP (which is kind of limited) and we’ve already been playing it instore. Gravely!
merton

Post by merton »

Hi,

My eyes adored you
Though I never laid a hand on you,
My eyes adored you

I sang the opening lines of a Frankie Valli song today as I left the local record store. I looked at Old Ideas and wailed at my decision to buy it online. Now I'll have to wait another week? Could everyone just hold out until I get my copy? :)

All the best,
Merton
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

Yes, AmazonUK started to ship today (Saturday 28th).
musicmania

Post by musicmania »

tomsakic wrote:Yes, AmazonUK started to ship today (Saturday 28th).
:D
2009 Dublin 2010 Lissadell Katowice LV x2 2012 Ghent x2 Dublin x4 Montreal x2 Toronto x2 2013 New York x2 Brussels Dublin x2

musicmania

Post by musicmania »

merton wrote:Hi,

My eyes adored you
Though I never laid a hand on you,
My eyes adored you

I sang the opening lines of a Frankie Valli song today as I left the local record store. I looked at Old Ideas and wailed at my decision to buy it online. Now I'll have to wait another week? Could everyone just hold out until I get my copy? :)

All the best,
Merton
Well I hope you have learned from your "mistake" for the next album ;-)

tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

The CD and LP were finally distributed today, Friday february 3rd, here, it's in shops downtown Zagreb since noon (2 hours ago). Apparently today's street date for everybody who didn't get it earlier this week, including Australia.
merton

Post by merton »

Hi,

It came, I listened, it conquered. A great time to live. What was life like b.c.e. (before the Cohen era) :)

All the best,
Merton

Return to “OLD IDEAS”