A lyric video for "Show Me The Place"

Leonard Cohen's previous album (January 2012)
Goldin

Re: A lyric video for "Show Me The Place"

Post by Goldin »

My two cents:
It's also better for foreigners to have the text before their eyes, even if they know lyrics.
It usually confuses me in the situation with Russian lyrics, but expectfully helps in dealing with other languages.
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

Why this is wonderful? The song is wonderful, this is more or less boring.

FIRST there's amazing misspelling at the very beginning, FORGOTTON, which even I as non-native speaker, saw. That's sub-standard for Leonard Cohen.
Second, the page goes down, run by software, even when there's no words just instrumental so it is generated by software.
THIRD, it is not Leonard's hand-writing but generated by software what you can see from the airplane (both that it's not Leonard's handwriting and that it is generated by computer software automatically.)

It would be interesting is they used Leonard's own hand-writing. But this way it's cheap, computer-animated, and good way for song promotion. Let's wait for proper video clip for new single.
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

lizzytysh wrote:. . . this song needs nothing added . . .
i agree, and i am sorry for having committed exactly this crime. the completed song is as finished and polished as any piece of music may be. indeed, a legitimate argument is whether or not leonard alone should be accredited with such art. a religious person might suggest that perfection of this calibre could not be achieved without divine assistance, that inspiration from a higher force intervened, causing leonard's pen merely to be a conduit between the nameless and his notebook. rearrange one note and the song becomes inferior, add or subtract one syllable and it is weakened - the fragile structure would fall like a house of playing cards. look at the written text, little bars of delicate scaffolding precariously built around a spiritual observation that only a god could describe. to interfere with this holy work would be a cardinal sin, of which i am guilty. i apologise, and hope for forgiveness.
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

Just a note: last night Sony removed the clip and posted it again to LeonardCohenVEVO.

Only difference is the correct spelling of word "forgotten" :)

Anyway all websites etc. have now to remove and replace the links... Also all of you who linked it at Facebook now have dead links.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

... and someone is happy in Croatia ;-)
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

I dooooooont' know, it's little stupid as thousands of websites who linked to clip now have dead links etc. and many nice comments and statistics have been lost.
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

New direct link to the video: http://www.leonardcohen.com/us/news/sho ... yric-video
Also note that the "Show Me the Place" audio download will soon be removed.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

tomsakic wrote:. . . many nice comments and statistics have been lost.
not necessarily, tom. work at the great hadron collider is continually progressing, and if all goes well, several physics professors claim it may later be possible to travel back in time without violating any laws of physics. below is a link to just one of many serious articles:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 163330.htm
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

The Fredericton live stuff is limited to Canadians and iTunes only, and only 24 hours. There are no plans to release it in the usual way.

Sony will be switching the song on the splash page on Leonard Cohen.com from “Show Me The Place” to “The Darkness” next Wednesday. “The Darkness” is also going to be played on the radio that day in Canada and the US.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
remote1

Post by remote1 »

jarkko wrote:New direct link to the video: http://www.leonardcohen.com/us/news/sho ... yric-video
Also note that the "Show Me the Place" audio download will soon be removed.
This link does not work: "This video has been removed by the user"...
"We are so lightly here"
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

leonardcohen.com hasn't yet replaced the video. We did, check the link in the very first post in this thread!
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

Now removed again. As Darkness replaced Show Me the Place in online streaming at LeonardCohen.com, somebody removed the video as well. But we expect it will be back (apparently this is mistake).
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

The lyric video is back online. Use these links:

YOUTUBE
http://youtu.be/WCtoVoE5Mm4

VEVO
http://vevo.ly/tqP4m0
jeremek

Post by jeremek »

1985/2008/2010/2013/Always
seadove

Post by seadove »

I think "Show me the place" is the best song in this album.

I might change my mind after I get overdozed with the other songs. :-)

Return to “OLD IDEAS”