End of December/January Update

The Madison Event - before and after
Joe Way

End of December/January Update

Post by Joe Way »

Poster created by Ania Nowakowska

Dear friends,

We continue to have new registrations and with the urging of many people already registered, we are not ready to cancel the event. We are extending both the $150.00 registration fee and the time by which someone can cancel for a full refund (with the exception of the Paypal fees) to the end of January. This will give people a little more time to decide if they can attend the event and give the organizers more time to plan for an event of a different size. Whatever the case, we are determined to hold an excellent event. We will have great music, good times and outstanding hospitality and perhaps a surprise or two. We will continue to post more information as it becomes available.

All the best,

Joe & the Organizing Committee.

http://www.leonardcohenfiles.com/madison-index.html
"Say a prayer for the cowboy..."
Mabeanie1

Re: End of December/January Update

Post by Mabeanie1 »

Great news on all fronts. Thank you Joe & co for all your hard work and positive thinking.

Wendy
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

I SO hope that it goes as originally planned, Joe.

WONDERFUL poster, Ania!!! Leave it to you!

What are the possibilities of posting something in the News section, Joe? Maybe catch the attention of some who don't read down this far?

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
ania

Post by ania »

thanks L :)
its actually the logo but i guess it can work as a poster :D
"It's strange. You never start out life with the intention of
becoming a bankrupt or an alcoholic or a cheat and a thief.
Or a liar." -- Raymond Carver
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

Thanks for another wonderful logo/poster, Ania. Here is the dark version:

http://www.leonardcohenfiles.com/madison-index.html
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

You're right, ania :lol: . After I wrote that [very tired... my true excuse] and went to the registrations to check the count, I came across Kadir's poster and realized I had called it wrong. Instead of doing anything about it, though, I just went to bed ;-) . I've just seen the dark version that Jarkko posted, too, and like that even better. I hope we get enough registrants that we can get it on a swag something.

Wish, TOO, that we would see you there!!!
~ Oscar Wilde
Henning

Post by Henning »

I think the logo would look very good on a T-shirt. Well done, Ania. Once again.

@Joe: If have put two more words on the blacklist --> "size" and "cancel"

I am sure your first post in 2012 will be full of energy :-)

H.
IT'S DARKER NOW
1979: Frankfurt | 1980: Frankfurt | 1985: Wiesbaden - Munich | 1988: Munich - Nuremberg | 1993: Frankfurt
2008: Dublin - Manchester - Amsterdam - Loerrach - Berlin - Frankfurt - Oberhausen - London
2009: Cologne - Barcelona | 2010: Wiesbaden - Dortmund
2012: Ghent - Moenchengladbach - Verona - Lisbon | 2013: Oberhausen - Mannheim - Pula
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Yes, beautiful on a black t-shirt and a black mug.
~ Oscar Wilde
mickey_one

Post by mickey_one »

Henning wrote:
@Joe: If have put two more words on the blacklist --> "size" and "cancel"

H.

Henning, why do you always worry about someone discussing size with you? Are you concerned they may cancel some event?

If I can get time out of jail to come to Madison, I will be happy to advise you on this and any other personal issues with which you continue to struggle

Lord Mickey of One xxx
Henning

Post by Henning »

Thnx Lord Michael - your third name is Mercy. If you really help me to cope with my handicaps or even get rid of them I will let you sneek in to the glory of the great German football team, the code is BVB which works in both directions. I heard you follow a team with a dog's name. Please sign up for Madison and we will have some good moments together. I said moments.
IT'S DARKER NOW
1979: Frankfurt | 1980: Frankfurt | 1985: Wiesbaden - Munich | 1988: Munich - Nuremberg | 1993: Frankfurt
2008: Dublin - Manchester - Amsterdam - Loerrach - Berlin - Frankfurt - Oberhausen - London
2009: Cologne - Barcelona | 2010: Wiesbaden - Dortmund
2012: Ghent - Moenchengladbach - Verona - Lisbon | 2013: Oberhausen - Mannheim - Pula
mickey_one

Post by mickey_one »

Henning wrote:Thnx Lord Michael - your third name is Mercy. If you really help me to cope with my handicaps or even get rid of them I will let you sneek in to the glory of the great German football team, the code is BVB which works in both directions. I heard you follow a team with a dog's name. Please sign up for Madison and we will have some good moments together. I said moments.

Dear Henning, let me remind you that you are not allowed to be wittier than me in your reply to my provocation. That is sheer rudery, and one thing we Englishmen do not like is sheer rudery. In those circumstances I respectfully ask you not to display any further sheer rudery

Lord Mickey of One
Maarten

Post by Maarten »

Hi,
I'm ready for a whole new Leonard Cohen Era and have replaced my old credit cards by some newer, more up to date ones: :-)
Credit cards.jpeg
Looking forward to using them, I guess...

Maarten

2008 Manchester | Bruges | Amsterdam | London | 2x Brussels | Rotterdam |2x London
2009 New York | Cologne | Antwerp | Venice | Colmar | Barcelona | Las Vegas | San José
2010 Salzburg | 2x Sligo | Helsinki | 3x Ghent | Lille | 2x Las Vegas
2012 5x Ghent | 2x A'dam | Helsinki | Dublin | Verona | 3x Paris | Lisboa
2013 Paris | Antwerp | Oberhausen | Brussels | Pula | Rotterdam | Amsterdam | 2x Wellington | Auckland
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Were you seriously able to do that, Maarten??
If so, how/where??
I would LOVE that.
~ Oscar Wilde
liverpoolken

Post by liverpoolken »

consider yourself lucky maarten at least you chose the design for your cards...imagine my embarrassment when without consulting me my bank issued me with this card as a result of the hole left in my bank account by travelling around europe for 3 years attending leonard's concerts....at first i wasn't amused but now i'm getting use to it.....ta ken

card.jpg
Solitudine non é essere soli, é amare gli altri inutilmente - Mario Stefani
Maarten

Post by Maarten »

lizzytysh wrote:Were you seriously able to do that, Maarten??
If so, how/where??
I would LOVE that.
Lizzy,
I've been using personalised bank cards for a couple of years now and I've got about 6 different sets by now. I can't personalise my VISA like Ken, but my bank (Dexia Belgium) has -just like a few other Belgian banks- an online service where you can upload a picture/design for your card and apply for a new card (without any costs!). They then send you an email if they have approved the design and within the next week, your card(s) is/are delivered at home through postal service! :-)
The letter that comes with the new cards insists that you destroy (cut to pieces, burn,...) your older card(s), but hey: why should I want to do that?! :-)

Maarten

2008 Manchester | Bruges | Amsterdam | London | 2x Brussels | Rotterdam |2x London
2009 New York | Cologne | Antwerp | Venice | Colmar | Barcelona | Las Vegas | San José
2010 Salzburg | 2x Sligo | Helsinki | 3x Ghent | Lille | 2x Las Vegas
2012 5x Ghent | 2x A'dam | Helsinki | Dublin | Verona | 3x Paris | Lisboa
2013 Paris | Antwerp | Oberhausen | Brussels | Pula | Rotterdam | Amsterdam | 2x Wellington | Auckland

Return to “The Leonard Cohen Event in Madison 2012”