Around Madison ... it's gonna be fun.

The Madison Event - before and after
Caren

Re: around madison

Post by Caren »

Dear Joe, I fully second what Ken has said. I do not need to travel around half of the globe to see some bigger names than our very own talents on here. This will be all about meeting you lovely forum people. Joe your hard work is much appreciated and I will be happy with whatever smaller kind of event you will eventually come up with.

All the best from Berlin and see you all in Madison.
1990s Berlin 2008:Amsterdam-Berlin-Hamburg-London RAH 2009:Berlin-Barcelona 2010:Odense-Berlin-Gent x3 -Wiesbaden-Marseille-Hannover-Las Vegas x2 2012:Gent x5 -Amsterdam x2 -Berlin-London-Verona-Toulon-Paris x2 -Barcelona 2013:Paris-Antwerp-Mannheim-Brussels-Rome-Lucca-Berlin-Lodz-Prague-Vienna-Pula-Odense-Zurich-Manchester-Leeds-London-Rotterdam
Joe Way

Post by Joe Way »

Ken,
Thank you for posting that photo! It certainly reminds me how lucky I am to have the beautiful Anne next to me to detract attention from my "froggish appearance" as Randy Newman might say.

Also, thank you to all who have indicated support for the Event-I promise if we can make it go forward, we will see that it is filled with good times. We are still examining some ways to change a few things that might be key to making it a very successful, though smaller event. Please bear with me for the next few days.

Joe
"Say a prayer for the cowboy..."
Henning

Post by Henning »

Right so, Caren. It's always a big event for me to sit with the LC friends and have the best fun. Let's occupy Madison. No other city's name seems more appropriate for our event. I think it can deal with some weirdos from all over the world. Hallelujah.
IT'S DARKER NOW
1979: Frankfurt | 1980: Frankfurt | 1985: Wiesbaden - Munich | 1988: Munich - Nuremberg | 1993: Frankfurt
2008: Dublin - Manchester - Amsterdam - Loerrach - Berlin - Frankfurt - Oberhausen - London
2009: Cologne - Barcelona | 2010: Wiesbaden - Dortmund
2012: Ghent - Moenchengladbach - Verona - Lisbon | 2013: Oberhausen - Mannheim - Pula
Henning

Re: Around Madison ... it's gonna be fun.

Post by Henning »

I came to terms with Jarkko about Event Rule No.1: Big and small are forbidden event words. Everyone who uses them from now on will have to pay a round.
IT'S DARKER NOW
1979: Frankfurt | 1980: Frankfurt | 1985: Wiesbaden - Munich | 1988: Munich - Nuremberg | 1993: Frankfurt
2008: Dublin - Manchester - Amsterdam - Loerrach - Berlin - Frankfurt - Oberhausen - London
2009: Cologne - Barcelona | 2010: Wiesbaden - Dortmund
2012: Ghent - Moenchengladbach - Verona - Lisbon | 2013: Oberhausen - Mannheim - Pula
BEATRIZ SALLES

Post by BEATRIZ SALLES »

Henning wrote:I came to terms with Jarkko about Event Rule No.1: Big and small are forbidden event words. Everyone who uses them from now on will have to pay a round.

OK about terms.
Gathering and meeting you has been one of the best spots in my life during the last years.
Very sad but money and familiar reasons don't let me make Madison, I'll be there in spirit...

Bea
2008 Paris. 2009 Barcelona. 2010 Marseille. 2012 Ghent. Verona. Barcelona. Lisbon. 2013 Antwerpen, Berlin, Pula.
Suemerlyn

Post by Suemerlyn »

Hey,
I been looking forward to this event since the great event in Krakow when I first heard you talking about it, Joe.

I really want to come, and have been dithering because of the total cost of flights, accommodation, food - the usual stuff. I too come to lovely Lenny gatherings just as much for all of you lovely people, those I know and those I do not yet know, as for the fun of the event itself. Whatever you arrange will be fine for me, Joe. Have never been to either Madison or Chicago, and would love to. Your pix, Ken, give me an idea what the area looks like - thanks a lot for this - and whets my appetite to be there for myself.

If I can possibly manage it I will book before end Jan - looking increasingly likely.
liverpoolken

Post by liverpoolken »

some more images of madison.........

madison 4.jpg
madison3.jpg
madison2.jpg
Solitudine non é essere soli, é amare gli altri inutilmente - Mario Stefani
Suemerlyn

Post by Suemerlyn »

Hey Joe n all,

I just registered for the Madison event! Woo hoo!

Is this the right thread to follow and to post to about the Madison event? There are quite a few threads now and it's a bit confusing to know where to post.

Joe, do I get a PM confirmation email - or how do I get confirmation that I've registered and paid me money?
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

Glad to hear you can make it Sue.

Wendy
Joe Way

Post by Joe Way »

Hi Sue,
It is wonderful that you are coming! I just received the email about your registration and you should be getting a confirmation shortly. I'm getting very excited about the event and I'll be posting some updates here soon.

All the best,

Joe
"Say a prayer for the cowboy..."
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

I'll be glad to be able to meet you, Suemerlyn 8) .
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
Suemerlyn

Post by Suemerlyn »

Wendy, Joe, Lizzy - thanks for your responses.

Will be good to see you again, Joe and Wendy, and on your home ground Joe ( and Ann). And Lizzy, I will love to meet you too. Didn't you come to Krakow?

I take it this thread is ok to post on then, Joe? Any chance you could make one thread the main thread as I am a bit confused as to which is the 'main one'?
I will look out for my confirmation email. Then I guess I had better start thinking about airfares before they get too expensive ( as it is high season.)

Really looking forward to this, now I've finally bitten the bullet, as it were, and decided to join all of you.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Yes, I did, but if I met you there [which I don't recall], it wasn't with your "Suemerlyn" name in tow ;-) .
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
joyezekiel

Post by joyezekiel »

I've been waiting and hoping.... but I need to be back in UK in August, so cannot be in Madison..... gutted. Yes, it's gonna be fun, but I'll just have to enjoy it vicariously this time around.

Joy
1976 Leicester 2008 London O2/Cardiff 2009 NYC/Austin/Weybridge/Nashville 2010 Ghent x 2/Las Vegas x 2 2012 Ghent x 2/Austin/Montreal/Quebec City/Boston x 2 2013 Memphis/New Orleans/Winnipeg/Birmingham/London O2/Amsterdam/Auckland
Suemerlyn

Post by Suemerlyn »

Lizzy, I thought we met in Krakow - sometimes you meet so many at various events and gigs that you don't always recall who you met where - well, I don't always anyway.

Didn't we go to a museum together after the event and spend quite some time there?? Pretty sure it was with you. I'm just Sue, merlyn is my middle name.

Return to “The Leonard Cohen Event in Madison 2012”