2012 Leonard Cohen Event

The Madison Event - before and after
friscogrl

Re: 2012 Leonard Cohen Event

Post by friscogrl »

Hi Todd, go to the Files and you'll see a notice about the Madison event All of the up to date info about the event
And side trips will be there.

Marsha

Www.leonardcohenfiles.com/madison-index.html
2008 Toronto June 6/ 2009 New York Feb 19 Oakland April 13 14 Coachella April 17 Ottawa May 25 26 Barcelona Sept 21 Las Vegas 11/12 San Jose 11/13
2010 Malmo Aug 4 Gothenburg Aug 12 Las Vegas Dec 10 & 11
2012 Verona 9/24 San Jose 11/7. Montreal 11/28 11/29/ 2013 Oakland 3/2 NYC 4/6
Hamilton 4/9
Joe Way

Post by Joe Way »

Dear friends,
Please plan to get to Chicago by Monday, Tuesday before the event. First, Chicago is the place to fly to from any other country and most should be able to get direct flights.

Last August, Anne & I took the architectual tour and it was great. We plan to organize this and then have informal dinners together meeting at a blues club afterward. Vlasta joined us for lunch and pledged to help find a good club to meet. If there are enough people, we will charter a bus to get to Madison, but as Cate has said, there is a bus that goes directly from Chicago that lets people off about one block from our event. You might even want to spend a little more time in Chicago before the event as it is a great American city with terrific museums, public spaces and great restaurants and hotels. We'll post more as we get closer to the event.

After the event, there will be an optional trip to Taliesin-Frank Lloyd Wright's home-which Anne, Vern Silver and I just took about a week ago. It is extremely interesting and you shouldn't miss it. Again, depending on interest, we will rent a bus for this excursion. There is also American Players Theater which is probably one of the most accomplished theaters in the U. S. We are so fortunate to have it so close to Madison. There may be an optional excursion there after the Taliesin tour.

I'm meeting tomorrow with folks to help book the theater for Anjani's concert. It will be a great event.

Joe
"Say a prayer for the cowboy..."
A Brick in the Wall

Post by A Brick in the Wall »

I am SO jealous -- I have been to Madison many times - what a great manageable city --

Sadly my business has an event that weekend that forbids any thoughts of sneaking off to see Joe, Anne & his wonderful & generous family in additon to other Cohenheads.

I will be eagerly reading the communties descriptions of what we missed.

Steve & Ann
Chicago May 5 & 6 - Chicago Oct. 29 - 2009
lennycohenfan

Post by lennycohenfan »

I am sure that we will report plenty and post lots of pictures. I believe that my youngest daughter, Alex, may also be matriculating at the U of Wisconsin in Madison next August. Might have to stay a few extra days to get her moved in. I have two friends that are U of W graduates and they both are completely in love with the city of Madison.
St Louis 2009, Hydra Meet Up 2011, Memphis 2013

Return to “The Leonard Cohen Event in Madison 2012”