2012 Leonard Cohen Event

The Madison Event - before and after
Misty Marie

Re: 2012 Leonard Cohen Event

Post by Misty Marie »

Jim and I have this event on our calendar. It will be exciting to watch as plans unfold.

Grace
“When legend Cohen takes to the stage, it’s no less than a cultural event of Biblical dimensions.” – The Independent
Phoenix 2009; San Jose 2009; Las Vegas 2010
brightnow

Post by brightnow »

Misty Marie wrote:Jim and I have this event on our calendar. It will be exciting to watch as plans unfold.

Grace
Looking forward to seeing you there Grace! :)
Columbia May 11, 2009; Boston May 29, 2009; Durham November 3, 2009; Las Vegas December 10 & 11, 2010; Austin November 1, 2012; Boston December 15, 2012; Brooklyn December 20, 2012
Lamar

Post by Lamar »

If I can help in anyway here in Ft Wayne, IN please let me know. My wife and I saw Leonard in Detroit last year. I've been a fan for almost 20 years. We will be in Madison in August 2012 We've been regular attendees to the Taste of Madison every Labor Day weekend for 10 years or so.

Kevin
Misty Marie

Post by Misty Marie »

Looking forward to seeing you there Grace! :)
Same here, Sam and Avi! I had such casual contact with so many in Las Vegas, it will be nice to have some actual sitting down and getting-to-know-you time in Madison. Crossing our fingers for more than a year will hinder circulation, I know :lol:, but let's hope those who'd like to attend will be able to do so.

MM
“When legend Cohen takes to the stage, it’s no less than a cultural event of Biblical dimensions.” – The Independent
aadambarney

Post by aadambarney »

One of the great things about these events is the opportunity to make even more new friends as we welcome new comers as well as long time participants. With the great energy that Leonard's recent touring has generated, and the enthusiasm that is being created by the anticipated new album, we feel confident that we will be able to put together a program that will have much interest for all of our participants. :D :)
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

You're so right, Adam, and I'm really looking forward to the results of all of ALL of your HARD WORK!!!

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

FYI:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43158398/ns ... s_business

10 Most Dangerous Cities

The only city in Illinois that's on the list is Rockford, Illinois, which is almost 90 miles and almost 2 hrs away from Chicago, and it's #9 out of 10. On the other hand, #1 is Flint, where I was born and raised and where my mother still lives [on the outskirt area]; however, when I went to visit around Easter, we rode through and around and got out to visit a couple places downtown [the Farmer's Market and the revamped Durant Hotel]. Felt safe, which may be ironic, given these stats.

Come on Chicago with all your great music 8) !!

~ Lizzy
~ Oscar Wilde
Misty Marie

Post by Misty Marie »

lizzytysh wrote:FYI:
The only city in Illinois that's on the list is Rockford, Illinois, which is almost 90 miles and almost 2 hrs away from Chicago, and it's #9 out of 10. On the other hand, #1 is Flint, where I was born and raised and where my mother still lives [on the outskirt area]; however, when I went to visit around Easter, we rode through and around and got out to visit a couple places downtown [the Farmer's Market and the revamped Durant Hotel]. Felt safe, which may be ironic, given these stats.
~ Lizzy
That is interesting ... and ironic. When Jim and I were in Illinois in 2008 we visited several of his friends in Rockford, walked all around the area, and felt very safe. If we're able to make the Madison event next year we'll won't miss the opportunity to visit those friends in Rockford again! ;-) (Some of the best food and beer in Illinois can be found in Rockford! :lol: )

MM
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Yes, that's ironic, too.
I think the lesson may be to go where your heart leads you and the rest will follow.

Enjoy Rockford.

~ Lizzy
~ Oscar Wilde
jeanne

Post by jeanne »

Hi Joe.....

Never met....never spoke....but will be on your list....with great pleasure!

Just back from Hydra.......and cannot find words ..yet...to describe the event...
but... the thought of meeting so many new people and sharing ..again... with those from Hydra...
is almost too overwhelming.....

Anything that I can do from Florida...count on me and count me in!

jeanne
"there is a crack in everything.that's how the light gets in " Florence 2010 - las vegas 2010....hope for Hydra......Hydra no longer a hope......now a reality..
"when the gods want to punish you, they answer your prayers"
shooting_star_88

Post by shooting_star_88 »

Just now viewed the thread; Madison sounds nice :) (if we are still going for it as I've just jumped on ;-) )

I could help organise; just drop me a PM or something and let me know what to do :)

Will read more thoroughly tonight after work :)

Cheers everyone & missin' your wonderful faces :)
with the Sublime Sisters of Mercy
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Hi shooting star,

Everything is a little quiet right now but I'm sure things will be heating up in the next few months so please stay on board. I noticed a post of yours in another area....FB vs Forum. Sometimes on FB if I'm not sure of a name (and many of us might not make the connection between shooting star and your real name), I won't accept a person, and I'm sure others might do the same. Hope to see you around....either place.

Diana
shooting_star_88

Post by shooting_star_88 »

Wonderful :) Will do :)

Yes, when I make FB requests from now on I shall use my screen name as well as I usually just tell them I'm a forum member and not who I actually am in the forum :lol:

I just get excited when I find people on FB :)
with the Sublime Sisters of Mercy
lennycohenfan

Post by lennycohenfan »

Willy and Wijbe -

Thanks so much for the photos! Can you possibly send me the two that have me and Susan in them? If so, please send to toddlowe@xipline.com and much appreciated. See you and all others again next year in Madison. Of course I will be going back to Hydra in May to see the wildflowers!

Todd
St Louis 2009, Hydra Meet Up 2011, Memphis 2013
eilean

Post by eilean »

What exactly is the Leonard Cohen event 2012?

Return to “The Leonard Cohen Event in Madison 2012”