Las Vegas help -Q and A's/Meet ups etc

July 25 - December 11, 2010. Meetups before and after the concerts
jeanne

Re: Las Vegas help -Q and A's/Meet ups etc

Postby jeanne » Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:46 pm

VEGAS MEET-UPS.......................MAY I ASK , WITH SO MANY MEMBERS GOING, HOW, AND WHO, WILL BE COURAGEOUS ENOUGH TO TAKE ON THE MIGHTY TASKS OF ARRANGING THE MEET-UPS..................I HAVE NEVER BEEN TO VEGAS SO I DONT THINK THAT I COULD BE OF MUCH HELP, BUT IF THERE IS SOMETHING I CAN DO, LET ME KNOW..........I HAVE THE TIME.................................JEANNE
"there is a crack in everything.that's how the light gets in " Florence 2010 - las vegas 2010....hope for Hydra......Hydra no longer a hope......now a reality..
"when the gods want to punish you, they answer your prayers"
carlowmike
Location: it's just the way it changes, like the shoreline and the sea,!

Postby carlowmike » Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:41 pm

Tigerm may be able to advise on venue for pre-concert meet up,
but as many of the group may be staying in Caesar's Palace and the Concerts are being held there,
it might make sense to pick one of the bars or meeting rooms in the hotel complex :?:
there have been some suggestions on the Honolula-Portland etc. thread regarding dinner or drinks meetup.
2008~Dublin x 3,- Amsterdam,- London,- Berlin,- London x 2,. 2009~Dublin x 3,- Barcelona, Sept.- New York, Chelsea Hotel Plaque Dedication and MSG Concert,- Las Vegas. 2010~Sligo x 2, Las Vegas x 1.]2012, Ghent, Berlin, Dublin, Los Angeles, New York.
Like You Would Do For One You Love
KaimiK

Postby KaimiK » Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:06 pm

Last year, I believe that Diana (ladydi), Leslie (mutti) and Maarten were involved in organizing a dinner. I bet they'll have some great suggestions and lessons learned. Let's see what they think? I don't want to be in charge (way too much pressure!), but would be very happy to play a heavy supporting role!

Not that we have to go this way, but I would love to have at least one non-bar get-together. My husband and I will be there with our young children and we'd love the chance to get-together with other fans. It sounds like there will be many, many of us though, so perhaps a catered brunch or dinner in a private room would be best, if feasible? And I love the idea of name-tags - that would make it so much easier to approach one another.

And has everyone seen this? You can type in your forum ID, drag an icon to your seat and see where everyone is sitting. Brilliant! http://www.lcfans.us/vegas/ Thank you nomadic!!! :D (This is for Saturday's concert!)

So, maybe everyone can give ideas of what they would most like to see happen and we can see what will fit best for the most people? Thanks to Tigerm's great input, we're planning on getting away from the strip for some kid-friendly activities. I know our kids would love to meet some new playmates - maybe we can coordinate schedules?

Everyone's thoughts?
You let me sing, you lifted me up, you gave my soul a beam to travel on. You folded your distance back into my heart.
tigerm

Postby tigerm » Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:45 pm

Well I sure have plenty of ideas for places to have meet-up parties/dinner. I will work on a list! But a few places spring to mind:

http://www.peppermilllasvegas.com/
http://www.fireflylv.com/index.htm Tapas style, great cocktails. Has a great downtown location overlooking Fremont.
http://www.hashhouseagogo.com/location/ Twisted farm food in Imperial Palace

But let me know what kind of venue you want-casual, laid back, quiet,

Unfortunately (or fortunately) Saturday clashes with my birthday, so the concert tickets are my birthday present to myself. But my wife will be taking me for my traditional birthday sushi and sake pre-show. I also can't guarantee I will be in much shape to run around and organize meetings since I run the marathon on Sunday, Dec 5th.
ladydi

Postby ladydi » Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:07 am

LOL...Peppermill! That's where we used to go many years ago in the early morning hours for breakfast, after a night out on the town! Great that it's still there. In the 80's there was a lounge in the back with cozy seats and fire burning on water. You are bringing many memories back to me!!
mutti

Postby mutti » Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:14 am

Last year, I believe that Diana (ladydi), Leslie (mutti) and Maarten were involved in organizing a dinner. I bet they'll have some great suggestions and lessons learned. Let's see what they think? I don't want to be in charge (way too much pressure!), but would be very happy to play a heavy supporting role!
Hi Kelsey, yes last year Diana, myself and Maarten organized a dinner in a private room at Caesar's Palace on the night before the concert. It was a great event. Diana and Maarten played a bigger role than I did but we all took part in organizing it. It was a lot of fun!
I look forward to seeing what gets planned this year... I am not going to be involved in planning it again but will attend with a big smile on my face.
Really looking forward to seeing you Kelsey! You are part of my Wet Rocks experience and I look forward to meeting your 2 little ones.
Leslie/Mutti ;-)
1988 Vancouver
2009 Victoria/Seattle/Almost Red Rocks/Las Vegas/San Jose.
2010 Sligo x 2/Victoria/Vancouver/Portland/Las Vegas x 2.
2012 Austin x 2/Seattle/Vancouver/Montreal x 2.
2013 Oakland x 2/New York City x 2/Winnipeg...
grannypoe

Postby grannypoe » Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:36 am

Hi all,
Since I have been living and working [high school and college English teacher] in Vegas for 31 years--raised my kids and now grandkids here--I will volunteer to help check out possible areas for meet ups. I certainly appreciated what Diana, Maarten and others did for last year's meet up. I will be attending both evenings [I haven't informed my husband yet, as he won't be going--don't ask!!!] so we should probably get a list started for who will be at the Friday meetup and/or Saturday. Once we have estimates, I can check out the possibilities. I have several students who work on the Strip as well as my daughter-in-law (The Venitian) and my son, a manager/chef at one of the Cheesecake Factories in town--there is one in the Forum Shops--so that could be a possibility--so anyway I will will gather as much advice as I can muster. Anyone else in Vegas want to help? I am soooo excited--I never thought I would be able to see LC again.

Patricia aka grannypoe from Vegas
friscogrl

Postby friscogrl » Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:48 am

Hi Patricia, I thought of you when it was announced that Las Vegas would be the city for the last two cocnerts. I am glad that you will be able to attend both of these shows. Thanks for checking out possible places for meet ups.

Marsha
2008 Toronto June 6/ 2009 New York Feb 19 Oakland April 13 14 Coachella April 17 Ottawa May 25 26 Barcelona Sept 21 Las Vegas 11/12 San Jose 11/13
2010 Malmo Aug 4 Gothenburg Aug 12 Las Vegas Dec 10 & 11
2012 Verona 9/24 San Jose 11/7. Montreal 11/28 11/29/ 2013 Oakland 3/2 NYC 4/6
Hamilton 4/9
LisaLCFan

Postby LisaLCFan » Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:33 am

Hey Patricia! It will be great to see you again, so glad to hear that you will be at the shows! I, too, am so excited, since I didn't think I'd see Leonard Cohen again, either (at least, on this tour!). I'll be in LV for almost 4 days, so I hope to meet lots of forum people, and to re-unite with all the great folks from last year! You're right, there definitely needs to be a meet-up thread for LV, to help organize things. Can you start one?
mutti

Postby mutti » Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:34 pm

Hi Patricia
It will be great to see you again and everyone else from last year in Las Vegas !!!
I agree that it would be nice if there was a separate thread just for the meet ups.
My suggestion but I know there is not a chance of it happening...
If there is a bar at Caesar's Palace that has no smoking that would be awesome.
Thats my little request but I know that is few and far between though I did hear the 'poker' room has non smoking! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thanks again
Mutti/Leslie 8) ;-) 8)
1988 Vancouver
2009 Victoria/Seattle/Almost Red Rocks/Las Vegas/San Jose.
2010 Sligo x 2/Victoria/Vancouver/Portland/Las Vegas x 2.
2012 Austin x 2/Seattle/Vancouver/Montreal x 2.
2013 Oakland x 2/New York City x 2/Winnipeg...
Purple Princess

Postby Purple Princess » Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:05 pm

Hi all,

I plan to arrive in Vegas on 7th December through until the following Monday so would be really happy to meet up with anyone over those days as I am travelling alone. I am planning to stay at The Mirage so if anyone else is travelling alone and wants to share the room and costs then PM me.

Looking forward to meeting all and seeing Leonard yet again in this amazing auditorium!!

PP ;-)
Manchester 1979; Birmingham 1985; London x 2 1988; London 1993; Edinburgh Castle, London 2008 Ramat Gan and Las Vegas 2009Sligo 2010Las Vegas Dec. 2010
Verona September 2012; Leeds sept 2013
grannypoe

Postby grannypoe » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:37 pm

"Las Vegas Meetups for Dec 10/11
by grannypoe » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:20 am

Let me know what night(s) you would like for meetups and if you want food and drinks or just drinks

Thursday December 9: dinner? late night drinks?
Friday December 10: dinner? after show drinks?
Saturday December 11: dinner? after show drinks?

location(s) tba depending on numbers

granny"

I've started a separate thread just to get names and numbers for the different days and meetup times; apparently, but not surprisingly, this is going to be quite an event:

"by jarkko » Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:14 am
Looks like we will have the highest number of Forum members ever getting together in one city - in Las Vegas. Hundreds, judging from the presale. Including a very big delegation from Europe!"

For example, if we have 200+ members interested in a get together on a certain day and time [food and/or drinks], just showing up at a venue without prior arrangements could lead to disappointment for many; plus, "numbers" equals negotiating power to get a deal. Let me know so that I can start on the preliminaries and work/coordinate with tigerm. Three months to THE END
Patricia aka grannypoe
j6ppc

Postby j6ppc » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:49 pm

My wife and I would definitely be interested in dinner & after show drinks Saturday December 11.
I'm looking forward to seeing some familiar faces and making some new friends.

Thanks!
Bests

Jon
zodkavombie

Postby zodkavombie » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:25 am

Hi
I will be there, not sure when I will arrive yet, going to the Saturday show so please include me in whatever is going on. I will book flights and hotels very soon.
Victorine
O2, 17th July and 13th November 2008, Weybridge 11th July 2009, Barecelona 21 September 2009, Lille 25 September 2010, Las Vegas 10th and 11th December 2010, Wembley 9th September 2012, Paris 29th September 2012, O2 London 21st June, 15th September 2013.
nomadic

Postby nomadic » Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:19 pm

Jarkko - can we have some kind of poll/voting so everyone can select the meet ups that are interested in?

Return to “The World Tour 2010 Meetups”