Is there a connection with Mt. Baldy and Lenny's bald look?

Ask and answer questions about Leonard Cohen, his work, this forum and the websites!
rocksoff

Is there a connection with Mt. Baldy and Lenny's bald look?

Post by rocksoff »

Is there a subconscious reason that our Lenny is drawn every now and then to take himself up to a place called Mt. Baldy? And before Lezzietuchas responds that this is an idiotic question, may I immediately point out that it is not.

If she wishes to dismiss the power of the subconscious, then that is her business, but I for one would rather not be so dismissive of the subconscious. It is a powerful motivating engine underlying much of our behaviour. Which is why I indeed wonder if Lenny's retreats to a place named Mt. Baldy are triggered by his awareness of age and his very evident loss of hair. Is it a subconscious admission of these life changes?
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

R,
Alternative meanings of "bald" = "unadorned; undisguised; palpable; marked with white" ~ I could go further with my response to you [several directions]; however, will let it rest with what I've just said.

Humour and poor taste make unpleasant bedfellows.

~Lizzytysh
linmag

Post by linmag »

What is it with you and the state of Cohen's cranium, Rocksoff? This must be about the third time you have tried to start a discussion about it. Who cares how much hair he has!
Linda

1972: Leeds, 2008: Manchester, Lyon, London O2, 2009: Wet Weybridge, 2012: Hop Farm/Wembley Arena
rocksoff

Post by rocksoff »

linmag. the state of Lenny's cranium is a very subject indeed. From there emantes the man and his music. In recent yeras the man has become very light on top, in tandem with the little music he has produced. Don't you see that there is a connection here. Take a very mindful moment to focus on this and you will appreciate that his hair loss and his musical loss are not at all that unconnected.

Lezzietoochas: i have no idea what yuo are trying to point out, and failt to find it humorous by any stretch of the imagination. If you are having problems in trying to find meaning in lenny's poetry, then, I may be able to help you out. I can recommend that you again read Beautiful Losers, but this time try to do it after ingesting about half a bottle of good vino.... the words will really blow your mind.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Thanks for your thoughtful suggestion, R....however, I've recently discovered I don't really care for wine much anymore.
~Lizzytysh
smile

Post by smile »

Who is this Rocksoff????? why is he obsessed with pulling LC to bits?
rocksoff

Post by rocksoff »

Smile: smile.

Post by Guest »

if you have a look at Guest`s picture you will see he has hair!!!!!
rocksoff

Post by rocksoff »

I've seen recent pictures of lenny, and there's no doubt that he has become quite hairless on most of his scalp. he is able to mask this by shaving completely as a Zennist. and retreating to Mt. Baldy, aka" the last refuge of the baldies."
George.Wright

lennies hair

Post by George.Wright »

Who cares if he thinning?
We in this Board are more intrested in the esoteric nature of the man, if you are as intrested in body parts of a man, go to a gay site and get your Rocksoff.
Georges
smile

Post by smile »

George I`m smiling from ear to ear not had such a good chuckle for a long time.
Last edited by smile on Tue Aug 13, 2002 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life is love so treasure every day.........
rocksoff

Post by rocksoff »

George Wright: I think you may be projecting your gay feelings here. If so, then please don't make any approaches to a macho guy like me.
George.Wright

To Rocksoff

Post by George.Wright »

I'm not the person going on about men's body parts and deformities, I certainly am not gay. Are you one of the village people machos?
Regards.................Georges
smile

Post by smile »

oh dear this is getting funnier by the minute don`t stop...
Life is love so treasure every day.........
George.Wright

To Smile

Post by George.Wright »

At least we have you laughing
Georges

Return to “Comments & Questions”