Anjani and Leonard in Europe, USA and Canada

Ask and answer questions about Leonard Cohen, his work, this forum and the websites!
osmachar

Post by osmachar » Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:09 pm

Yeah, I guess. Would still liked to have taken a couple of pics for the forum here.....och well...
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:25 pm

I know, Osmachar. It's disappointing :( . Even so, if you run out to your car right after the show, your camera may still be able to capture some memories for us here. I've no idea who may be willing to meet with the fans, but I would want my camera, just in case.

Photos of the concert, I believe, will still find their way here... even so, I know how much better it is, somehow, when they're your own. Your eyes were the ones looking through the lens... so the memory is even more immediate.

~ Lizzy
Sherry

Post by Sherry » Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:42 pm

So are they confiscating all the cell phones at the door?

Sherry
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey » Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:11 am

Sherry asked:
>So are they confiscating all the cell phones at the door?

Enough already. Let's not turn this unique arrangement into something negative - please. As far as I know, from what everybody tells me, Leonard and Anjani are a beautiful couple - in all respects. I am sure, very sure, that under different circumstances they would willingly pose for photographers the whole evening - they've never been camera-shy people. Now, I don't know anything about copyrights or what Sony has said or stipulated, but I do know that people continually taking photographs at a show do tend to distract everybody's attention. Anjani is there to give us her songs; she has a superb voice and people have been invited there to listen and concentrate on the music and the atmosphere. It may be that the press will take a picture or two underway, but you can be certain that they will have been instructed not to disturb people's pleasure. It HAS to be like that, for otherwise it will turn into a photography session instead of a musical experience. These two people have put a lot of hard work into preparing a show - and cameras and phones could spoil it. It will also not be very nice for anyone if people keep trying to take pictures of Leonard while Anjani is performing - that would be tactless and nobody will benefit. So, just relax and enjoy the show. Cell phones are not confiscated, of course - but they must be switched to 'off' - or at least to 'silent' (according to the notes I've seen). No cameras during the show, please - some people are travelling a long way to be at these venues. As I said, I believe that if Anjani and Leonard get half a chance they will gladly pose - but not during the show. Let's just wait and see what happens; these things have a way of working out fine in the end. There is no need at the moment to be disheartened by a little rule or two that has to be enforced in order to make the evening function. OK? :-)
Unspoken Words

Post by Unspoken Words » Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:32 am

As I was travelling home tonight from work and listening to the radio forthcoming possible concerts in Ireland were being outlined (including Rolling Stones at Slane Castle / The Police etc.,) and was startled to hear 'Leonard Cohen introducing Anjani' also listed as forthcoming but did not catch the date or venue.

Does anyone know any information?
osmachar

Post by osmachar » Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:32 pm

It just said cameras are strictly forbidden, but mobile phones are to be switched to vibrate.

Didn't want to take pictures during the concert, but maybe afterwards in case there is some sort of gathering. But anyway, still looking forward to it.
Paula

Post by Paula » Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:31 pm

Osma - in a way the banning of cameras leaves you free to enjoy the concert. I am sure there will be loads of pictures available after all it is a promo event. Have a lovely time are you staying over or flying back the same day?

Do we know the identity of Christine B the other winner?
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:35 pm

. . . leaves you free to enjoy the concert
That's for sure, Paula. Not having to do anything at all leaves you free to enjoy everything. For every second that your eye is at the lens, it's off the immediacy of the moment.

"Christine B" rings a bell :? .

~ Lizzy
osmachar

Post by osmachar » Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:57 pm

Paula wrote:
Do we know the identity of Christine B the other winner?
That's me ;-)
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:13 pm

Aha :lol: ~ from out the wordwork :wink: ! Enjoy the show, Christine B :D !

~ Lizzy
osmachar

Post by osmachar » Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:23 pm

Thank you!

Good excuse for us to go to London, see friends and visit all our favourite places - even got a hotel round the corner from where we used to live, so it'll feel like going home.....ahhhh...........
Sherry

Post by Sherry » Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:39 pm

Geoffrey said: "There is no need at the moment to be disheartened by a little rule or two that has to be enforced in order to make the evening function. OK? :-)"

Geoffrey, as I do not have tickets it is unlikely I will have a chance to be disheartened and I was in no way criticizing Leonard and Anjani whom I am quite certain are very giving people. I was merely annoyed at the fact that the 'no camera' rule has become standard in almost all venues - not just music concerts - it is also forbidden to take photos in museums and other places where it is unlikely that taking photos will bother anyone. It is a rule that is sometimes carried to ridiculous lengths. For instance, I was in a store buying fabric recently with my daughter and we wanted to try to match two different rolls of fabric that were displayed some distance from each other. It was not possible to lift the heavy bolts of fabric so I decided to take a picture of one and was about to walk over to the other bolt of fabric to compare the two when a store attendant came up to me and quite rudely told me that it was not allowed to take pictures in the store. (Had I used a cell phone camera she likely would not have even noticed.) Nor were their any signs posted saying 'no cameras allowed'. She was merely looking for a way to exercise her 'authority'. 'Customer service' is not a high priority in this neck of the woods either.

Furthermore, when I do manage to have an opportunity to take photos somewhere, I prefer to take them without the flash so as not to disturb anyone.

Sherry
Paula

Post by Paula » Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:04 pm

Sorry Osma didn't realise, who was the other winner then Alan Q I thought that was you.
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic » Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:06 am

Cameras from audience can be an obstacle for professional shooting. I believe that's the reason.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:53 pm

. . . can be an obstacle for professional shooting.
That's a good point I'd never considered, Tom. I'd only ever thought about the distraction for the performers.

~ Lizzy

Return to “Comments & Questions”