Anjani and Leonard in Europe, USA and Canada

Ask and answer questions about Leonard Cohen, his work, this forum and the websites!
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:07 pm

Yes, Paula is... and if you opted to meet up for the concert, you'd have a blast 8) !

Now ~ I want to know who won for Poland>>> Xenia? Pawel? Justyna? Too bad there are such a limited number of tickets. I want everyone to win!

~ Lizzy
Paula

Post by Paula » Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:03 pm

Simon I am suicidal. How many tickets were available. If you got a ticket through work only Osma got a ticket for London so far could not have been many available at all.

Well through my tears of desolation I hope the winners have a lovely time :lol:

Margaret IKEA - it was meant to be!!!
simonmoorehead

Post by simonmoorehead » Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:12 pm

they have obviously been kept back for the music press / journo's etc
there were only 4 tickets from anjanis site i think it says
i should know tomoz
si
i would like to buy any artwork by lc
simonmoorehead@yahoo.com

Snow is Falling , there's a nude in my room!
kleinschmidt

Post by kleinschmidt » Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:46 pm

I won a ticket to the concert in norway. So i guess i'm flying to another country to catch a glimpse of lenny :D . Does anyone have an idea what "Leonard Cohen introduce..." means? Will he perhaps sing, do a spoken word or just say: "Ladies and gentlemen - Anjani Thomas!". Anyway - I'm there.
Unspoken Words

Post by Unspoken Words » Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:47 pm

I have won tickets for Warsaw, Poland and I am unbelievably excited. I just cannot wait.

This is a dream come true.

There must be a God afterall!
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:50 pm

Hi Kleinschmidt ~

I have no idea of the extent of his introduction or participation [perhaps, someone else does], but I suspect he'll say at least a few words beyond that; particularly, since you'll be attending [CONGRATULATIONS :D 8) :D !!!] a promotional concert. Wouldn't it be unthinkably divine if he dueted with Anjani? Well... not setting up any expectations with that... just dreaming in my own head... and thought I'd share.

I'm happy for you, Kleinschmidt :D !!!

And the winners are: (from Anjani' site:)
LONDON --
Christine B.
Alan Q.

OSLO --
Peter W.
Tom B.
Carolina L.
Jonas K.
Geoffrey W.
Marit B.
Martti M.
Elisabeth S.
Lena W.
Anne R.
Robina B.

WARSAW --
Artur J.
Joanna T.
Kevin R.
Magdalena M.
Kazimierz S.
Alicja H.
Lilly D.
Agnieszka W.
Vlad A.
~ Lizzy
kleinschmidt

Post by kleinschmidt » Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:02 pm

lizzytysh wrote:Wouldn't it be unthinkably divine if he dueted with Anjani?
Yes, Indeed :D :D :D

I'm very happy that I've been given this opportunity.
kaz

Post by kaz » Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:50 pm

Hi Lizzy,

You've just quoted the list of the lucky people to attend Anjani's Warsaw show, and, well, I'm happy to say that I'm one of them! I got the the happy news early this morning (European time) :D Kazimierz S. - that's me!!

I saw Anjani first in 1985, at Leonard's concert in Zabrze, Poland & was impressed by her charm. I had no idea back then I'd be able to see her perform at her own concert. I can't wait!

PS I guess it's time to introduce myself to you, fellow Cohenites. Winning tickets to Anjani's show is just too wonderful to keep silent about! I've been a Leonard Cohen fan since 1976, and a regular (silent) guest on the forum for about 2 years. It was worth it!

PPS My winning would've been impossible without Jarkko's info on this site. A big thanks to you, Jarkko!
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko » Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:12 am

See you in Warsaw then, Kazimierz!
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:17 am

Well, WELCOME TO THE FORUM, KAZ :D :D :D !!! You certainly entered with STYLE :D !!!

Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering
Just go to the top of the hill
and sing...

I'm going to seeeeeeee...
Annnnnjaniiiii and Leooooonarrrrrd!!!

CONGRATULATIONS, Kaz!!! I'm SO HAPPY for YOU :D :D :D !!! Looks like we dragged you outta that lurker's green room some kinda way 8) !!

Look at the length of your admirer status, too ~ including having seen ANJANI back so far!

Now, we need to start making more regular visits to Anjani's site 8) !! Her graciousness knows no bounds... and such a return of gratitude seems wholly in keeping!
I had no idea back then I'd be able to see her perform at her own concert. I can't wait!
8) ... and neither did she... at least not with Leonard at her side. Let's hear it for "The Key of C"... 8)

Yes... lurking definitely has its benefits, doesn't it :lol: ? Well, now that you're out in the sunshine, stay awhile :D ... we'll be loving to hear a report from you on the concert 8) .

~ Lizzy
Paula

Post by Paula » Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:18 am

Can I just say, just on the off chance :lol: if any of our two winners in London can't make it feel free to contact me I only work 20 minutes from the venue and I am a fast runner (when needed). If you both insist on going could you make sure you take loads of pictures to show on the forum.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:23 am

Yes... I second that for you, Paula :lol: !!!

< *pant pant pant ~ I could barely keep up with her on Hydra ~ really* >

I'm doing my best with SimonMoorehead on your behalf, too... :D !

Love ya,
Lizzie
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:31 am

Agnieszka W
:D 8) :D 8) :D 8)
I can't WAIT to talk with her!!! I should be able to hear her delight from clear across land and sea... all those annual, private pilgrimages to Hydra... such a divine gift she'll now receive.

CONGRATULATIONS, XENIA :D :D :D !!!

I've e-mailed you ~ and sent along Wijbe and Willy's CONGRATULATIONS to you, too!!! I wish ALL of you could have WON :( . They are SO deserving, too... I know you know 8) .

As Judith says she's Snoopy Happy Dancing ~ well, I can't think of a better description of how I'm feeling for you right this very second... and will continue to feel for the minutes, hours, and days to follow!!

Such a dear, sweet, and deserving woman you are... I know so well how much this means to you. Our conversations on Hydra were too many to not know it deep, deep down. Wait till Maria hears 8) ... and that lovely, dear one who speaks from behind her slightly-parted, lace curtains 8) ! Oh, I'm just so happy for you, Xenia. So, so happy :D !

Love,
Lizzy :D
kaz

Post by kaz » Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:34 am

Hi Jarkko,
It`ll be a great pleasure for me to meet you in Warsaw, see you !
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:46 am

... and, Kaz... I feel you should further celebrate by joining us on Hydra this year... and, if at all possible, in EdmOntOn [my little, visible cheat sheet there :wink: ] next year... or at least, Hydra, and then Croatia [if that ends up the site... ] or whatever the European site will be. Two years lurking? It's time to come outta that shell for longer than your joyous announcement :lol: !

~ Lizzy

P.S. You're going to love Jarkko and Eija :D ... even if he hadn't been instrumental in your getting tickets, you still would... even if he didn't have his Leonard Cohen site, you still would. Eija is the female rendition of Jarkko... or, maybe it's that Jarkko's the male rendition of Eija. Whichever, they sure do go perfectly well together.

What a WON/der/FULL day this has been 8) ~ Congratulations to EVERY/ONE who WON :D !!!

Return to “Comments & Questions”