Anjani and Leonard in Europe, USA and Canada

Ask and answer questions about Leonard Cohen, his work, this forum and the websites!
jarkko
Site Admin

Anjani and Leonard in Europe, USA and Canada

Post by jarkko » Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:01 am

Anjani will be giving three promotional performances in Europe:

Monday, March 26 London, UK, at the Cuckoo Club, 6:30 pm
Thursday, March 29 Oslo, Norway at the Cafeteatret, 8pm
Saturday, March 31 Warsaw, Poland at Agnieszka Osiecka Studio, 8pm

These concerts will not be open to the public. However, there will be a very limited number of free tickets given away in a random drawing to members of Anjani's mailing list. If you'd like to join the list and participate in the drawing, visit Anjani's website at:

http://www.anjani-music.com/contact.html

Anjani will also be performing on the following dates:

Tuesday, April 24 - NYC Joe's Pub at 9:30 pm and 11:30 pm (*see below)
Friday, April 27 - Montreal Upstairs Jazz Club
Saturday, April 28 - Montreal Upstairs Jazz Club
Sunday, April 29 - NYC Joes Pub 9:30 pm
Wednesday, May 2 - Chicago Schubas
Friday, May 11 - San Francisco Cafe du Nord
Saturday, May 12 - Los Angeles Hotel Cafe

*Information about the Joe's Pub performances is on their website at:

http://www.joespub.com/caltool/index.cf ... nceID=2906

The performance is listed as LEONARD COHEN PRESENTS ANJANI and Leonard will indeed be there to make the introduction.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:14 am

A wonderful idea to give those tickets away for an otherwise private performance. I must let Xenia know... and Paula... and Phil... and... and Natalie ~ she ought to be going to one of these performances, somewhere!

That's wonderful news that Leonard will be joining Anjani for this and will be literally introducing her.

Thanks for this info, Jarkko.

~ Lizzy
Unspoken Words

Post by Unspoken Words » Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:15 pm

Will Leonard introduce the London performance?
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko » Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:17 am

Yes, I think that's the idea.
Paula

Post by Paula » Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:34 am

You are kidding me Jarkko. Well even if I don't get tickets I shall turn up on the off chance. That would not only make my day it would make my decade.
evelyn

Post by evelyn » Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:44 am

Thanks for posting this Jarkko.

I'll be at both New York performances!
What luck!! Anjani and Leonard practically in my own back yard!

evelyn
Sherry

Post by Sherry » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:27 am

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a ticket to the London performance! Although I imagine the chances of that happening are pretty slim....

Sherry
Unspoken Words

Post by Unspoken Words » Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:30 pm

Thanks for the reply Jarkko.
lizzytysh

ADDITIONAL STEP

Post by lizzytysh » Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:27 pm

This may be redundant, as anyone who's already signed up on Anjani's mailing list has probably already gotten it. However, just in case, better safe than sorry. It's clear that haste in getting this done is crucial.

This email of Marie's, that went out to everyone on her/Anjani's[?] mailing list, seems to clarify that getting on Anjani's mailing list is required; but that this additional step is crucial to the process, as well. I've Bolded the word AND for emphasis:
Dear Friends,

Thank you so much for expressing an interest in Anjani and her work. We have big news!

EUROPE

Anjani will be giving three promotional performances in Europe :

Monday, March 26, London , UK , at the Cuckoo Club, 6:30 pm
Thursday, March 29, Oslo , Norway at the Cafeteatret, 8 pm
Saturday, March 31, Warsaw , Poland at Agnieszka Osiecka Studio, 8 pm

These concerts will not be open to the public. However, there will be a very limited number of free tickets given away in a random drawing to members of Anjani’s mailing list. That means you!

These performances are primarily designed for the press. Several of them will be broadcast live by radio/television stations. Anjani would love to have you come out to support her but space is very limited at each venue. So, we will do a random drawing for each venue. If you would like to attend one of these performances, please email me at

webmaster@anjani-music.com AND megan2c2b@aol.com

(You may use a single email to do this. We just want to avoid anyone’s request getting lost in the mail.) Simply indicate the venue you want to attend and your full name and you will be included in the drawing. Each winner will receive two tickets to the venue they chose. The random drawing will be conducted on Tuesday, March 13. Winners will be notified by email on Tuesday (US time) and will be listed on the News page of the website (first name & first letter of surname only, i.e. Marie M). If you have any questions, email me at megan2c2b@aol.com .
Even though this really IS redundant for anyone who has joined Anjani's mailing list, it can still serve as a reminder for those who haven't and who may want to, to do all the steps ASAP... with the drawing coming up so quickly!

~ Lizzy
Christine

Post by Christine » Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:40 am

Does anyone know how to get tics to the local shows please? I'd love to go to the LA show but can't find anything on ticketmaster.

Christine
Christine

Post by Christine » Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:46 am

Okay, I've written to http://www.hotelcafe.com so will let you know once I learn how to get tics for the LA show. Their calendar is only showing March today so.....
MarieM

Anjani's Mailing List

Post by MarieM » Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:49 am

I am still processing the many requests to be included in the drawing for tickets for the three European promotional concerts. A couple of folks have provided emails that are bouncing:

...youssef in France
susant... in Chicago
russell in London, England
annieandbella in East Sussex

Please write me directly at megan2c2b@aol.com if you think you are one of these people. Thanks.

Marie
Tchocolatl

Post by Tchocolatl » Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:12 am

If Leonard Cohen is presenting Anjani, they will have to refuse people at doors. Good luck to everybody that wants to attend!
"He can love the shape of human beings, the fine and twisted shapes of the heart. It is good to have among us such men, such balancing monsters of love."

Leonard Cohen
Beautiful Losers
Beccka

Post by Beccka » Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:24 am

Is the Chicago - Schubas concert also intended fro the press? I just checked their website and it's not up on the ticketing page. Anjani's not listed at all, actually. Oh, this would make my - year. Or decade!
Therefore apocalyptic describes that which is revealed when the woman's veil is lifted.
Minerva

Post by Minerva » Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:52 am

I have two extra tickets to the NYC concert on the 29th. I thought my mom and sister would like to join my dad and I, but it turns out they can't make it. If anyone would like them, I'll give them at cost.

Email me and we can make arrangements.

Return to “Comments & Questions”