Order of the Unified Hearts Emblem help wanted

Ask and answer questions about Leonard Cohen, his work, this forum and the websites!
Paul

Order of the Unified Hearts Emblem help wanted

Post by Paul »

I'm looking for a really, really, really, good image of the Order of Unified Hearts symbol. If I had gone to Montreal in 2000, I would have the ring, but I didn't...so I haven't.

For secretive and furtive reasons I went to a jeweller, armed with my copy of "Book of Longing," with the intention of having a pendant crafted. He seems to require a more definitive and exact facsimile.

I have found a few examples, both on this and other sites, but the craftsman seems very fussy. Either he is fastidious in his work or doesn't want the job. On reflection it may be the latter. His attitude seemed to change when I told him I wasn't too concerned about the cost, as it was for my mistress, not my wife.

As he doesn't seem to have a sense of humour, I want him to blink first.
--
Paul.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Hi Paul ~

Seems Leonard himself would respond to that request. He has a sense of humour and I've never seen him blink.

~ Lizzy
Paul

Post by Paul »

Done and dusted, thanks to a couple of kind people. It's a bit like doing the hokey-tokey, with your computer mouse. You right click here, then you left click there, you save it here, you e-mail it there, and you shake it all about, and "print."

Eventually you finish with a perfectly presentable image.
--
Paul.
Laura

Post by Laura »

Hi Paul,
I'd love if you can post a picture of the finished piece when you have it. I'm a bit of a jewelry-maker myself (just beady things, not golden stuff), and the idea of making that double-heart sign has been torturing me for years. When I finally manage to figure out how to do it, I think I'll call myself "bead master"!
Laura
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Hi Paul ~

I'm glad to hear you were finally able to get it to jeweler specs. You took me back with your "hokey pokey" analogy :lol: . Yes, it would be great if we could see the finished product, too... you know we've got to be curious 8) .

~ Lizzy
Paul

Post by Paul »

Hi Laura & Lizzy,

If the jeweller had specs Lizzy, perhaps he wouldn't have needed such detail. I shall certainly do my best to post the finished product. It will be a couple of months, and a whole new set of computer skills before I am able to do so.

"Just beady things," does not do your craft justice Laura. Methinks you are hiding your proverbial light. Some of the "beady things" I have seen have been quite exquisite. I have a sister who dabbles in it.
--
Paul
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Hi Paul ~

:lol: I guess you could've saved yourself all this by stopping at a pharmacy and getting some 1.00's.

~ Lizzy
scarpetta

Re: Order of the Unified Hearts Emblem help wanted

Post by scarpetta »

Hi there, can anyone tell me if the Unified Hearts emblem is copyrighted or could I use it on my notepaper? Can't find anything to say the image is protected. Many thanks

Return to “Comments & Questions”